Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-19-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm starting this thread so that I can share my weekend with you all. I hadn't been camping more than a couple times in the last 10 years, so naturally this past weekend takes the cake for me.

We camped on the Guadelupe River this weekend (8 of us), and went tubing all day Saturday. I would tell you that I had an AWESOME weekend, but to hear my friends talk it sounds like i had a Rip roaring he11 of a weekend.

my first clue that there was more to the river ride than i could remember came when i was falling asleep sat night. i suddenly realized that i didn't remember returning my tube... and i couldn't remember how i got back to camp. Sunday morning, my roommate was surprised that i was up early and making breakfast. She kept asking if i felt okay. But other than a slight headache Sat. night, I felt super! They all expected me to be half-dead because of the amounts of beer and liquer (i can't even spell it) I apparently consumed. I didn't know it was bad to combine all of those, but I guess I can handle it just fine. I had the best rum & cokes ever! No wonder Murph and Robin were disappointed in the rum&cokes at Dave & Busters! I had no idea they could be so good.

I acquired a new nickname: "The Shaker". Not only did I have a martini shaker in my tube, but I kept singing part of a Shaggy song with the words "Shake, shake, shake..." (I don't even know the words! - ????)
They tell me that they had to wait two hours for some of us to show up at the end of the river. I have no memory of being separted from the whole group for more than a couple minutes, so I was pretty disturbed to learn that. maybe I just fell asleep? Truly, I wish I remembered all the fun they say I had. One of my "friends" said i took his suggestion to try standing in my tube, and it sounds like I spent a good deal of time trying. but at least i didn't try the backflips like some people.

Showering afterwards, I was singing -Adam Sandler's (in The Wedding Singer) influenced by "The Cure": "And when I think of you Linda, I hope you F-ing CHOKE...!!" Thank God there were no children around!

During the ride home, those who rode in my car would ask me if i remembered "this" or did i remember "that". They say i owned that river by the end of the day.

We had a photographer in the group too, and i hear she took pictures.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:22 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Guadalupe. I have many memories of tubing down that River. The best one however was a camping trip I took with some friends of mine. Two guys, one other than me, and the rest were female. I still catch crap about that trip because me and the other guy spent the ENTIRE trip drinking. We didn't lift one finger to setup camp, or break it down. Or cook for that matter. We were pretty sorry in that regard but it was alot of fun. We both got so toasted one night that we were roaming the camping grounds and going up to campers around their fires singing Chinese Christmas songs (it was in July when we were camping). One group of Military people thought we were the funniest, and kept asking us back. We apparently were so loud that the next morning we woke up (heads banging) to the other campers lining up to talk to the Park Ranger and POINTING at our camp site. Needless to say we got the heck out of there real fast.

Alot of fun though. And tubing is one of my favorite past-times.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't tell you about it here, but it did involve a keg, some twins, whipping cream and jumper cables.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote