Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-20-2023, 11:38 AM   #1961
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I like the kid but not entirely sure why we?d do it

He?s likely to get the MLE via sign and trade (rumors are Raptors) and we?ve used most of ours so it?d likely to have to be SNT. That means probably trading Kleber and a pick or McGee and Green. Bulls know we can?t do the MLE and can match any offer so they?d likely be asking for positive assets like young guys and picks. We?d also have to outbid Toronto if rumors are true.

I?m not sure I?d pay assets to get the pleasure of paying a backup 12mill a year. He fits a lot better in Toronto where he?s likely be given a starting position rather than 8-15 min playing spot minutes behind Luka, Kyrie, Hardy, Curry, etc
Well if Wood is the asset then it like giving up no assets to get an asset, right?

I get the Toronto interest just like other teams were interested in Grant williams. IMO, Dosunmu is the same caliber of player as Hardy, Green, Williams or Thybulle. I don't think it clear he would be a backup just because he isn't part of Mavs plan A. Have some competition for minutes.

Mavs essentially have 2 open roster spots if you count that they will cut McGee if a move presents itself that needs a roster spot. I'd gladly take Dosunmu and think the Mavs can start the season and adjust later if needed. Maybe Dosunmu is the trade asset not Green or Hardy or maybe he outplays them.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2023, 11:57 AM   #1962
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are time machines a thing yet? We got our Tyson Chandler. Just need to age him up. Now we need our prime Marion to dominate the boards.
Marion is who I thought of with Omax, but his college rebounding numbers were meh.

The whole team needs to kick that shit into gear.

At least the fake insiders keeping the Capela stuff alive...https://twitter.com/droppingdimes50/...47867340648450

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 05:50 PM   #1963
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are time machines a thing yet? We got our Tyson Chandler. Just need to age him up. Now we need our prime Marion to dominate the boards.
Time machines were a thing in the future, but I went back and destroyed them all and the blueprints. So, good luck.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:20 PM   #1964
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Time machines were a thing in the future, but I went back and destroyed them all and the blueprints. So, good luck.
So you went back to the future and destroyed them all. How did you get back to present day if that is the case.

Some people use the Time Tunnel. When traveling through the tunnel it feels like your on acid just floating along.

https://youtu.be/PVnsU3HEuMU
Old 07-20-2023, 08:32 PM   #1965
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
So you went back to the future and destroyed them all. How did you get back to present day if that is the case.

Some people use the Time Tunnel. When traveling through the tunnel it feels like your on acid just floating along.

Fantastic option. But I had one time warp credit left and used it to get myself back.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:48 PM   #1966
R28J

R28J is a jewel in the roughR28J is a jewel in the roughR28J is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Some people use the Time Tunnel. When traveling through the tunnel it feels like you're on acid just floating along.

Yes, the Time Tunnel was one of my favorite shows as a kid. But I'm sure I watch it in the 1970's along with Lost in Space.
R28J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:40 AM   #1967
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by R28J View Post
Yes, the Time Tunnel was one of my favorite shows as a kid. But I'm sure I watch it in the 1970's along with Lost in Space.
You guys are showing your age

Old 07-22-2023, 09:25 PM   #1968
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas Mavericks two-way guard McKinley Wright IV is decamping from the NBA to play in Europe. Wright signed a contract to join KK Buducnost VOLI, based in Podgorica, Montenegro, the club announced. 12 hours ago ? via Doyle Rader @ Forbes.com
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 10:32 AM   #1969
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Dallas Mavericks two-way guard McKinley Wright IV is decamping from the NBA to play in Europe. Wright signed a contract to join KK Buducnost VOLI, based in Podgorica, Montenegro, the club announced. 12 hours ago ? via Doyle Rader @ Forbes.com
glad he could find a spot somewhere and that it's not with us...
makes sense to move on to other options
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 12:00 PM   #1970
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

=-=-=-=-=-=CORE ROSTER (15)-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

1) Luka (1/2/3)
2) Kyrie (1/2)
3) THJ (2/3)
4) Holmes (4/5)
5) Bullock (2/3)
6) Kleber (4/5)
7) McGee (5)
8) Curry (1/2)
9) Green (1/2/3)
10) Lively (5)
11) OMax (3/4)
12) Hardy (2)
13) Powell (5)
14) Exum (2/3)
15)

=-=-=-=-=-=TWO WAY CONTRACTS (3)-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
16) Miles (1/2)
17) Lawson (2/3)
18)

=-=-=-=-=-=CAMP DEALS/E10 (2)-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
19) Moore (2/3)
20) Walker (1)

FA: Wood (4/5), Frank (1/2/3), Pinson (2/3), Morris (4)

Looks like Jelly and Walker are fighting it out for the last two-way?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-23-2023 at 12:01 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 12:31 PM   #1971
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Holmes waived his 1.8m trade kicker so Mavs could up their offer for Thybulle?

That?s kinda wild to me. He?s not going to be making a ton for his career.
circling back to this, I have a few thoughts:

1) It makes me think a lot higher of him. It's a team-first move by a guy who barely arrived here and has no reason to show us loyalty. I'm going to cheer him on extra hard this year and half wonder if he can find a groove playing 4/5.

2) I hope Cuban makes it up to him. Helps him rejuvenate his career, hooks him up post-contract, etc.

Two stats I like

1) The last two seasons of three point shooting are largely fools gold (40% and 63%) because of the incredible low volume (13 total threes in two seasons), BUT if you take his entire career and filter by wide-open (no defender within 5'), he still shoots 39% from three. He's only shot over 1 attempt a game once in his career, but the stats do show that he is at least capable of keeping teams honest, and Luka and Kyrie are going to get him some of those open shots that he is capable of hitting which makes him a nice interchangeable 4/5 piece like Kleber.

2) His individual rebounding numbers are deceptively good-- both in raw numbers and in advanced metrics. Per 36, he's averaged a double-double for his career (16-10). It's not top-10 in the league but he's capable of snagging boards at a respectable rate. The bigger thing that I noticed was on/off-team rebounding. Even when he's not getting boards, he is disrupting the middle and screening for the rebound which makes his teammates better similar to Powell (except unlike Powell, Holmes pulls down some of his own boards too).

Long term I think we all want a frontcourt of Williams/OMax/Lively, but that is at least a half season away (if not 2-3 seasons away). In the short term, I could see Williams/Kleber/Richaun being a decent frontcourt in terms of defense and rebounding. All three can hit the three at least decently. All can defend. All are decent rebounders who can snag the board themselves or screen to allow Luka to get it.

Cautiously optimistic about the frontcourt and the season in general and at least in part Richaun is part of it.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-23-2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2023, 04:04 PM   #1972
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:

1) Luka (1/2/3)
2) Kyrie (1/2)
3) THJ (2/3)
4) Holmes (4/5)
5) Bullock (2/3)
6) Kleber (4/5)
7) McGee (5)
8) Curry (1/2)
9) Green (1/2/3)
10) Lively (5)
11) OMax (3/4)
12) Hardy (2)
13) Powell (5)
14) Exum (2/3)
15)

16) Miles (1/2)
17) Lawson (2/3)
18)

19) Moore (2/3)
20) Walker (1)

Bullock is gone...
Aren't Jelly and Walker the same person? Jordan "Jelly" Walker
i like listing Powell as 13th on the list... gives me hope
Do we resign Pinson to be 15th man and cheerleader?
Old 07-24-2023, 02:25 AM   #1973
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Bullock is gone...
Aren't Jelly and Walker the same person? Jordan "Jelly" Walker
i like listing Powell as 13th on the list... gives me hope
Do we resign Pinson to be 15th man and cheerleader?
No....we signed Powell to become the new head cheerleader.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:45 AM   #1974
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1) Luka (1/2/3)
2) Kyrie (1/2)
3) THJ (2/3)
4) Holmes (4/5)
5) Bullock (2/3)
6) Kleber (4/5)
7) McGee (5)
8) Curry (1/2)
9) Green (1/2/3)
10) Lively (5)
11) OMax (3/4)
12) Hardy (2)
13) Powell (5)
14) Exum (2/3)
15)

16) Miles (1/2)
17) Lawson (2/3)
18)

19) Moore (2/3)
20) Walker (1)

Still think we need to move THJ and McGee.
THJ will impede Hardy's development and McGee will never play a minute...or at least shouldnt.

THJ/2027 for Capela
Sign Jones
Stretch McGee

Call it an offseason.

Luka/Hardy/Miles
Kyrie/Curry/Exum
Green/OMax/Jones
Williams/Maxi/Holmes
Capela/Lively/Powell

We'd be 4 or 5 deep at every position.
Old 07-25-2023, 08:46 AM   #1975
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Capela rumors are back via Windhorst.......

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2023/07...y-trade-block/
Old 07-25-2023, 08:54 AM   #1976
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Capela rumors are back via Windhorst.......

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2023/07...y-trade-block/
Just get it done already then. Things like this that drag out tend to not happen.

And it's telling that it mentions the Hawks need for perimeter defense which is hint hint Josh Green.

I'm convinced if the Mavs had gotten Thybuille that they do this trade with Green involved.

It sucks because you don't want to give up someone like Green, but you also desperately need rebounding in the worst of ways.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-25-2023 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:26 PM   #1977
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Just get it done already then. Things like this that drag out tend to not happen.

And it's telling that it mentions the Hawks need for perimeter defense which is hint hint Josh Green.

I'm convinced if the Mavs had gotten Thybuille that they do this trade with Green involved.

It sucks because you don't want to give up someone like Green, but you also desperately need rebounding in the worst of ways.
Eh, I don't know if I do that deal. I know we need the rebounding, but I do believe Green is going to be a quality starter for years and years. Capela feels more like a short term solution while we wait for Lively to develop. I do want Capela a lot, but I do not like giving up youth with upside for veteran role players. I think I'd rather roll the dice with what we have now and hope Lively is ready by next year.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 01:33 PM   #1978
sig

I don't see the issue with atlanta's perimeter defense that the author describes. Bey, hunter, DeJounte Murray are all solid defenders. They seem to be more interested in moving on from players that have salary to younger players, IMO. I don't know what kind of defenders the Duke guys are in Griffin and Johnson. Johnson looked promising. Maybe Bogdanovich is an issue on that side of the ball. Is Green a better defender than Bey or Dejounte Murray?

Then again this guy has a bad opinion of Bey and Hunter defensively.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/4...-atlanta-hawks

Then again, here is a positive article on Hunter's defense.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2023/01...eandre-hunter/

Last edited by sig; 07-25-2023 at 01:50 PM. Reason: added more information
Old 07-25-2023, 02:22 PM   #1979
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone wins 3-way trade that will never happen....

Atlanta sends Capela to the Mavs
Hawks receive THJ, Jared Vanderbilt, and probably Mavs second round pick or two
Lakers receive Christian Wood ($5Mper year) in sign-n-trade
Old 07-25-2023, 03:25 PM   #1980
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
I don't see the issue with atlanta's perimeter defense that the author describes. Bey, hunter, DeJounte Murray are all solid defenders. They seem to be more interested in moving on from players that have salary to younger players, IMO. I don't know what kind of defenders the Duke guys are in Griffin and Johnson. Johnson looked promising. Maybe Bogdanovich is an issue on that side of the ball. Is Green a better defender than Bey or Dejounte Murray?

Then again this guy has a bad opinion of Bey and Hunter defensively.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/4...-atlanta-hawks

Then again, here is a positive article on Hunter's defense.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2023/01...eandre-hunter/
FWIW, the Hawks just signed Messley Matthews - age 36. blech
goodness, if they're that desperate, maybe they'd see THJ as an upgrade.
Old 07-26-2023, 04:09 AM   #1981
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Clips Zubac and Atlanta's Capela might still be in play
We were ranked 30th in rebounding last year.
I think we must trade for a starting center for this offseason to be a success.
Here is a look at Western Conference Teams and their center

Mavs: Holmes > Powell
Nuggets: Jokic
Warriors: Draymond > Looney
Rockets: Sengun
Clippers: Zubac
Grizzlies: Adams
Lakers: Davis?
Timberwolves: KAT/Gobert
Pelicans: Jonas
OKC: Chet (too skinny to play center)
Suns: Ayton
Blazers: Nurkic
Kings: Sabonis
Spurs: Wemby ? (too skinny to play center)
Jazz: Kessler
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 09:09 AM   #1982
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I think the Clips Zubac and Atlanta's Capela might still be in play
We were ranked 30th in rebounding last year.
I think we must trade for a starting center for this offseason to be a success.
Here is a look at Western Conference Teams and their center

Mavs: Holmes > Powell
Nuggets: Jokic
Warriors: Draymond > Looney
Rockets: Sengun
Clippers: Zubac
Grizzlies: Adams
Lakers: Davis?
Timberwolves: KAT/Gobert
Pelicans: Jonas
OKC: Chet (too skinny to play center)
Suns: Ayton
Blazers: Nurkic
Kings: Sabonis
Spurs: Wemby ? (too skinny to play center)
Jazz: Kessler
Dobber is always the voice of reason.

Imagine getting 4 offensive boards a game from Capela? That's not just a luxury. It's a game changer. Even if he has lost a step and turns into our version of Deandre Jordan...you still need that rebounding.

Old 07-26-2023, 09:36 AM   #1983
sig

I don't agree the center position is imminent for the off season. Most likely, Maxi is going to play a lot at center in small ball center lineups. I didn't have a lot of confidence in Lively but he really picked it up as the summer league moved on so I expect they can get 15 minutes a game from him. Not that they should pass on a deal but let's see what pops up after December 15th and don't may a silly deal.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:18 AM   #1984
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I think it?s far too early to make the call. The second half of July and all of August are almost always blackouts/holidays for teams. If a move happens, it?ll probably be in September when GMs return to the office. The only thing I expect may happen before that is word of Green?s extension.

1) if we don?t make more moves (other than a Wood SNT) I?d give the off-season a B+. We develop Lively. It?s likey that just by playing OMax, Holmes, Williams, etc that we can move up to 20-25 in rebounding which would by itself move us up into the playoffs.

2) if we can get Capela or Zubac, you have to give this off-season an A+. We?d have addressed every current issue the team had while also building a nice foundation for the future. In that scenario, Nico would have to get GM of the year.

We will see, but I think we?re in for a quiet 4-6 weeks

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-26-2023 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2023, 10:14 AM   #1985
sig

I think Mavs should target Achiuwa. With the Killian Hayes talk to Mavs, I think he'd be a fit in toronto. Maybe a 3 way deal with pistons can be had. I know the Siakum/OG domino needs figured out but not sure Toronto really wants to deal those 2 unless it is a nice haul for them.
Old 07-30-2023, 03:01 PM   #1986
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The Capela talk just will not stop. Stein says that the Mavericks would ?love? Capela, but they know they need a third team to make the deal work, and that opportunity hasn?t presented itself yet. I?m starting to think this might actually happen, because the talk from the most credible source there is has been constant.
Old 07-30-2023, 03:15 PM   #1987
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The Capela talk just will not stop. Stein says that the Mavericks would ?love? Capela, but they know they need a third team to make the deal work, and that opportunity hasn?t presented itself yet. I?m starting to think this might actually happen, because the talk from the most credible source there is has been constant.
I actually think the opposite at this point since business is very rarely done at this stage of the summer and that three team trade probably means Paskal. Problem is that the latest rumor I saw was that the Hawks aren't giving up Bufkin in the deal, and Musai is worse than Morey with making deals. I also haven't really seen anything in the way of Paskal wanting a trade unless I missed something.

I'm glad they still want him, but if the Hawks don't like our offer, then I'm just not sure what you do.

Old 07-30-2023, 11:39 PM   #1988
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Just because it?s slow in late-July and all of August doesn?t mean it won?t happen at all.

About 1/3 of all off-season trades and a ton of the biggest trades happen in September.

Donovan Mitchell to Cavs (rebuild)
Bojan to Detroit (rebuild)

Demar Derozan to Bulls
Ball to Bulls
Valanciunas to Pels
Steven Adam?s to grizzlies
Westbrook to Lakers
Lowry to Heat/Precious to Raptors
Shamet to Suns and Carter to Nets
Also Richardson for Moses Brown missed August by one day

That?s a lot of trade volume and last year?s was relatively quiet compare to prior years. It?s also a lot of rebuilding/retooling teams like the Jazz. I think it makes sense because if you?re rebuilding, you spend July taking offers and don?t make moves until you?ve made sure you have the best deal.

We potentially have a lot of teams considering rebuilds/retools
1) Raptors without a PG and Siakam expiring
2) Wolves potentially wanting out on Towns
3) Philly dumping Harden and either full rebuild or else a retool around Embiid
4) Portland looking to get best value from Lillard with a rebuild being the most likely scenario (rather than a retool)

I could be wrong but those scenarios all lead me to believe we will have an above average August. Doesn?t mean we will make a trade but it does mean the NBA doesn?t look done.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-31-2023 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:04 PM   #1989
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Frank Nlikina signs with Charlotte
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 02:24 PM   #1990
sig

Luka injured.

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-l...-injury-update
Old 08-04-2023, 02:32 PM   #1991
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
It?s a bruise at worst

In a game that has no import

If this was the NBA he wouldn?t have even come out of the game
Old 08-04-2023, 02:34 PM   #1992
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Frank Nlikina signs with Charlotte
Frank got a contract before Wood

Let that sink in
Old 08-08-2023, 12:52 PM   #1993
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Siakam Trade ?Inevitable?: Mavs to Get Capela?
According to a new report, the Toronto Raptors trading Pascal Siakam is now viewed as being ?inevitable,? which could mean good things for the Dallas Mavericks.

?It seems inevitable the Toronto Raptors will deal Siakam,? Medina said. ?It?s become increasingly clear the Raptors are not currently constructed to become a serious playoff threat. So what?s the point in running on empty calories just to finish in the middle of the standings??

If the Raptors do decide to trade Siakam, the Dallas Mavericks will certainly be hoping he ends up going to the Atlanta Hawks, assuming there?s no real chance of him ending up in Dallas. If that happens, the Mavs could likely end up getting Hawks veteran big man Clint Capela in a three-team trade. Dallas? interest in Capela has been well documented.

Either get the trade done, or just move on. Its getting exhausting.
Old 08-08-2023, 01:25 PM   #1994
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Siakam Trade ?Inevitable?: Mavs to Get Capela?
According to a new report, the Toronto Raptors trading Pascal Siakam is now viewed as being ?inevitable,? which could mean good things for the Dallas Mavericks.

?It seems inevitable the Toronto Raptors will deal Siakam,? Medina said. ?It?s become increasingly clear the Raptors are not currently constructed to become a serious playoff threat. So what?s the point in running on empty calories just to finish in the middle of the standings??

If the Raptors do decide to trade Siakam, the Dallas Mavericks will certainly be hoping he ends up going to the Atlanta Hawks, assuming there?s no real chance of him ending up in Dallas. If that happens, the Mavs could likely end up getting Hawks veteran big man Clint Capela in a three-team trade. Dallas? interest in Capela has been well documented.

Yeah, we discussed this in the other thread too. It's all about Musai and his ego with needing to fleece the other team. If he finally gets out of his own way, then we pretty much are guaranteed to get Capela. If no, welp...

Old 08-08-2023, 02:06 PM   #1995
sig

Mavs sign Greg Brown and Wisecamp to camp deals. Brown is a project but seems to be talented. his problem has been maturity.

Wisecamp can shoot but little else. I would of gone for romeo Langford.
Old 08-08-2023, 02:34 PM   #1996
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Seriously though. But I can't say I'm surprised seeing as how Dame and Harden still haven't been traded. Imagine how fans of all of those teams must feel- not just Sixers and Blazers fans but fans of all the potential trade destinations.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM   #1997
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I mean, two legit sources say it's real though so I'm actually more optimistic. For a while, it was mostly the fake insiders carrying this stuff.

Yeah, I give it 80% chance Harden stays til the deadline. Morey conned Harden into opting in.

Old 08-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #1998
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If we get Capela for beans, this is an A+++ off-season

If it?s Green and or a FRP, I still thing it?s an A

A it is. It?s a B+

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-08-2023 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #1999
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I've been one of Green's biggest critics, but even I would hesitate to include him.

But I really, really feel like a good center changes EVERYTHING. And with Grant and Omax, I think we can get by without Green.

Old 08-09-2023, 02:52 AM   #2000
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I've been one of Green's biggest critics, but even I would hesitate to include him.

But I really, really feel like a good center changes EVERYTHING. And with Grant and Omax, I think we can get by without Green.
I think Omax's ceiling is higher than Green's and could see him becoming our starting SF in the very near future.

I'm not sure I'd give up Green for Capela though unless there are some other future-oriented assets coming back in the deal.

I still think THJ/2027 FRP should be the offer for Capela.