Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice
Default Salvaging this years Mavs in 3 Steps

Step 1: sign Marbury when the Knicks buy him out.

Step 2: trade Bass and Stackhouse to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace.
-Bass and Stacks contract are friendly. Bass and Okurfur frontline is youthful, strong and fast.
-MJ loves Stackhouse (He's totally Tarheel bias)
- Mavs get the athletic wing man they so desperately need to run aside with Kidd!
Step 3: sign McDyess to fill the lost void at back up PF.

The New Hope:
C - Damp | Diop
PF - Dirk | McDyess
SF - JHo | George
SG - Wallace | Green
PG - Kidd | Marbury

What do you guys think? I say at this point...do whatever just to get fans excited!!
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

I like it anything to retool this bench....But where is Terry in the rotation?
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL View Post
Step 1: sign Marbury when the Knicks buy him out.

Step 2: trade Bass and Stackhouse to Charlotte for Gerald Wallace.
-Bass and Stacks contract are friendly. Bass and Okurfur frontline is youthful, strong and fast.
-MJ loves Stackhouse (He's totally Tarheel bias)
- Mavs get the athletic wing man they so desperately need to run aside with Kidd!
Step 3: sign McDyess to fill the lost void at back up PF.

The New Hope:
C - Damp | Diop
PF - Dirk | McDyess
SF - JHo | George
SG - Wallace | Green
PG - Kidd | Marbury

What do you guys think? I say at this point...do whatever just to get fans excited!!
Step 1: Can happen
Step 2: MJ loves Howard more than anything else. He wants Howard. Maybe we can find a way to trade Stack and Howard for Okafur, Morrison and Wallace.

Step 3: Not going to happen. He will be headed back to the Pistons ASAP..

Last edited by Silk Smoov; 11-16-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
I like it anything to retool this bench....But where is Terry in the rotation?
I cant believe I forgot Jet! D'oh! Here's the new hope again:

The New Hope:
C - Damp | Diop
PF - Dirk | McDyess
SF - JHo | Green | George
SG - Wallace | Terry
PG - Kidd | Marbury
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

We shouldn't consider George an option for our new team.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take this Kid....Not sure why BGriffin is projected to be drafted 1st instead of him but... I think things will change when the dood avg 35-40ppg

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-20-2008 at 01:27 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

You can see the only hope this team has when we win. Look at the last two games. Dirk turned into a Kobe. He must shoot 10 fta's a night, he must shoot 20 times or more, he must drive over and over again making people foul him, rebound. This means he must be aggressive like he has the last two games and go back to being a mvp. He also needs Howards or Terry's help or both. Those are the three guys that can bail this team out in a half court game in the 4th quarter. They have to be agressive and take this team over with the players we have.

Marbury could happen. We need a back up pg and i have not been a big Marbury fan but i know we need a back up pg and if he can keep his head screwed on right, maybe he can help.

Gerald Wallace. They would like to trade him and he is a very good talent. He can drive and very athletic. Many teams probably want him but they would be crazy to trade him for Bass and Stackhouse when they could get a very good player in return for him. That would be a steal for us and yes i am all for this. He is the type player we need. He would be good for Kidd also. The player they would want is Josh Howard. Silk is right on who Jordan wants. Okafur, Wallace and Morrison would be a dream come true. I doubt they will ever get rid of Okafur. All three of those guys Silk would really help us.

MyDyess would also help us but again i think Silk is right with him heading back to Detroit. The Pistons/Nugs trade has helped bothteams and the Nugs really needed a 3 pt shooter and a pg and they got one guy to do both for them and he has really helped the Nugs. They are for sure in the playoffs with this team. Not sure how far they can get and now looks like Detroit is clicking again.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need McDyess if Silks Stack/Howard for Okafor/Wallace/Morrison would happen.

Wallace, Okafor and Williams could all play the 12 minutes or so that Dirk wasn't at the PF.

I can't see the Bobcats giving up Wallace and Okafor for Stack and Howard though, not to mention Morrison.

Morrison has 6th man written all over him.
Okafor isn't a star, and I don't know when he will come down from thinking he is. He is a good player though.
Wallace would be nice.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote