Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-03-2003, 06:57 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mother's appeal of daughter's suspension

What can we say but say WOW! Why do these people have children anyway! She must surely be a member of the ACLU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge dismisses mother's appeal of daughter's suspension

The Associated Press
9/3/2003, 9:03 a.m. ET

BEAVER, Pa. (AP) — A judge dismissed a mother's claim that a school district violated her 13-year-old daughter's constitutional rights when it suspended the girl for having oral sex with a boy on a school bus.

The woman also claimed it was not clear in the South Side Area School District's written policies that oral sex on a bus was unacceptable behavior.

Beaver County Judge George E. James, however, dismissed the mother's appeal Aug. 29, saying the district's decision to suspend the girl and the 13-year-old boy was legal and supported by substantial evidence.

The district suspended the students in May after classmates reported the teenagers' acts. South Side Middle School Principal Thomas Ralston said the students admitted they had consensual oral sex on the bus during a field trip.

Officials suspended the students until Oct. 29. The teenagers can attend the school district's alternative-education program in the meantime.

Kurt Winter, the attorney for the girl's mother, did not immediately return a phone call left by The Associated Press on Wednesday morning.

FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2003, 11:17 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it lost on anyone but me that this happened in Beaver County?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:59 AM   #3
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Thats the first thing I thought too....how ironic.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] lol
Old 09-04-2003, 08:34 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mother's appeal of daughter's suspension

where were these girls when i was younger? geez...

ok, sorry for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2003, 08:56 AM   #5
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I need to start taking the bus to work.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:09 AM   #6
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, madape wasn't kidding!

Monkey on Bus
Old 09-04-2003, 09:33 AM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What the heck is going on in Pennsylvania anyway?

I wonder if the mother of this girl has a 34-year-old sister with an affinity for collonopin and oxicotin, and aspirations to be a stripper?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:39 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i wonder if it's the same mom?