Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-13-2003, 11:53 PM   #1
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road
Default For any Doctors here

I know some of you'll are doctors, I could use some medical edvice. My trechiae(sp?)/Windpipe is really hurting, that area I guess. The pain is in that throat area and goes down to my chest a little bit and neck. It hurts when I swallow and it kind of is painful when I exhale and inhale, and I played 18 holes of golf and 3 sets of tennis today, I played fine, but I was feeling rather lethargic because of this ailment, it started when I woke up this morn. It helped a little when I took a hot shower, the steam helps I think and I took some Benedril(sp) the medicine. But I stll feel bad, it especially hurts when I take deep breaths or swallow hard. I assume its some kind of respiratory thing, but its killing me. Any edvice on what you think might be wrong or what I should do would be appreciated, thanks.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: For any Doctors here

stop smoking 4 packs a day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:19 AM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

What was the weather like?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:31 AM   #4
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk41= konsesjonen
I know some of you'll are doctors, I could use some medical edvice.
Anyone who asks for medical advice on a message board is crazy. Without physically seeing you a doctor will be GUESSING what is wrong with you. And if the doctor doesn't know your medical history the cure MIGHT ACTUALLY KILL YOU!

If it bothers you, go to a minor emergency clinic. It will cost you a litttle money but what is your health worth?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 12:33 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

True dat MFFL.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:21 AM   #6
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Ok, Thanks. It was just bothering me, I didn't think Its anything too serious. Im out in Vegas on business, so I didn't want to spend time going to some crappy doctor here, lol. But thanks, its a bit better today.

The weather was ridiculously hot and muggy.

Veruca, I would find your joke quite amusing, but I hate, hate hate smoking, I have never touched a ciggarette in my life, my grandmother died of lung cancer.
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #7
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Vegas itself >might< be a problem. The whole city smells like an asstray.

Edited to add - I >know< how to spell ashtray. LOL
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:47 AM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

dirk41, i had the exact same problem when i went to a wedding in LA. the air there is AWFUL. I coughed the whole time i was there (quite embarassing during the ceremony... i was able to hold some back), and continued coughing when i got back to nashville. I went and saw my doctor about it, and he agreed that it was the air out in LA. He gave me some allergy medicine, which worked wonders, and everything eventually got better.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:11 AM   #9
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

In Las Vegas playing golf and tennis?

They spread toxins in the air to kill outdoors players.

Old 08-14-2003, 10:26 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Vegas sits down in a bowl of mountains. There is not much air flow without turbulent weather. I've flown in there (McLaren right?) several times when you couldn't see anything because of haze and smog.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #11
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

that may be true- but VEGAS RULES!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:53 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
that may be true- but VEGAS RULES!!!
That's why I keep going back reeds......I love that place.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:38 AM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I'm wondering if...
Old 09-08-2003, 10:48 AM   #14
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Me too.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:09 PM   #15
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Come on - climb out of the gutter...