Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 AM   #241
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
You want a list of backups that stayed with a team four years and were never special? Seriously?

If you want to claim he was groomed, fine. But don't act like keeping a backup around that long means they have plans for him. That's crazy talk. People make careers out of being backups, and they stay with teams for years and years.

Yes, clearly when they extended his contract they planned on him having the starting job sometime soon. I daresay when the Cowboys gave up a 3rd or 4th round pick for Henson, they imagined him starting for them as well. Just because a team has visions of a player being good doesn't mean he will be.

And you can come down off your football highhorse. No one in America dreamed of Romo being the starting QB of the Cowboys this year before training camp started. Ok, that's hyperbole. Not many people did.
Crawl back in your cave, dude. A lot of people saw it coming, for a good long while now.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #242
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, I believe in him too. I've always been a big Parcells supporter. I even led the argument against 5-0 when he was bashing his drafting.

But, I think it was up in the air whether this was desperation or not.

And I don't think if you gave Parcells truth serum, he'd claim that Romo was past any rookie-type struggles right now.
No, it wasnt' in the air. This was not a desperation move. Bill likes the guy and has liked thim since he got here. Back when everybody knew that Drew Henson was the next Troy Aikman, Bill was always quick to remind us not to forget about Romo. I thought it was coach speak but when Romo beat out Henson for the back up job I knew something was up.

All things being equal, Henson wins the job. After all, the team had millions of dollars and a 3rd round draft pick invested in him.

Then there was the report that the QB desperate Jets offered the Cowboys a 3rd rounder for Romo and we declined.

Now did Parcells know how he would react under the bright lights...of course not. You never know. But this was not a move of desperation. He had plenty of product knowledge.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #243
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Crawl back in your cave, dude. A lot of people saw it coming, for a good long while now.
Ok...whatever.

You must be like Rhines. Did you also predict the Kennedy assassination?

I mean, seriously? Are you really going to claim that before training camp got here, and word leaked out about the plans for Romo, that you would have bet any money on Romo starting this year, barring an inury?

Next year, absolutely. This year? Very unexpected, to us mere mortals.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 01:48 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:47 AM   #244
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
No, it wasnt' in the air. This was not a desperation move. Bill likes the guy and has liked thim since he got here. Back when everybody knew that Drew Henson was the next Troy Aikman, Bill was always quick to remind us not to forget about Romo. I thought it was coach speak but when Romo beat out Henson for the back up job I knew something was up.

All things being equal, Henson wins the job. After all, the team had millions of dollars and a 3rd round draft pick invested in him.

Then there was the report that the QB desperate Jets offered the Cowboys a 3rd rounder for Romo and we declined.

Now did Parcells know how he would react under the bright lights...of course not. You never know. But this was not a move of desperation. He had plenty of product knowledge.
Well, I disagree that it wasn't slightly due to desperation. If he really believed in him that much, at this point, he'd have gone to him after the Philly game, I think. It would have made a lot more sense.

Yes, clearly Bill has liked him. I don't mean to say that the organization thought of Romo as roster filler. All those signs you mentioned made it clear that Parcells had hopes for Romo. Hell, the very thought that he would put him into a blowout game was midly shocking, after the Henson stuff. So yeah, clearly there was hope.

But the move, at the time it happened, seemed forced. So I don't think it was ridiculous to be cautious.

And I don't think it's ridicuous to think that he could easily still go through struggles, which is really all I've been saying all along.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 AM   #245
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok...whatever.

You must be like Rhines. Did you also predict the Kennedy assassination?

I mean, seriously? Are you really going to claim that before training camp got here, and word leaked out about the plans for Romo, that you would have bet any money on Romo starting this year, barring an inury?

Next year, absolutely. This year? Very unexpected, to us mere mortals.
If you followed the Cowboys like you claim you follow the Cowboys, you wouldn't find it so flabbergasting. It's been in the works for quite a while now.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:53 AM   #246
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

He should have gone to him after the Philly game but don't discount Bill's loyalty to Bledsoe.

As far as struggles and rookie mistakes, remember the Rothlesbergur won 13 straight games as a rookie. He was successful for the same reason that Romo will be: he had a good team around him.

When you talk about rookie struggles, you have to remember that most rookies play for shitty teams. Romo has 2 pro-bowl caliber recievers, a pro-bowl caliber TE and an effective running game. The defense can't cover everybody.

If Romo can avoid the dumb turnover, he'll be fine.

Last edited by dirno2000; 10-30-2006 at 01:54 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:54 AM   #247
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If you followed the Cowboys like you claim you follow the Cowboys, you wouldn't find it so flabbergasting. It's been in the works for quite a while now.
Show me. Show me the articles. Show me the blog posts.

Hell, before last season he was the third string QB.

Now, once training camp got here? Once they gave him the extension? Clearly, there was something there.

Before that, there was zero chatter about Romo playing this year. Eventually? Sure. Parcells keeping him around was a good sign. But this year? Not a chance.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 01:56 AM   #248
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
He should have gone to him after the Philly game but don't discount Bill's loyalty to Bledsoe.

As far as struggles and rookie mistakes, remember the Rothlesbergur won 13 straight games as a rookie. He was successful for the same reason that Romo will be: he had a good team around him.

When you talk about rookie struggles, you have to remember that most rookies play for shitty teams. Romo has 2 pro-bowl caliber recievers, a pro-bowl caliber TE and an effective running game. The defense can't cover everybody.

If Romo can avoid the dumb turnover, he'll be fine.
That's a good point on the quality of the team.

But, as you said, the dumb turnovers is the big question. He certainly had an awful one tonight, but then he also pulled one down and took the sack when it looked like he might so something terrible for a split second.

We shall see. It's certainly an exciting thing to watch every week, wondering if you're seeing the next great QB of the Cowboys.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 AM   #249
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

Now, once training camp got here? Once they gave him the extension? Clearly, there was something there.

Before that, there was zero chatter about Romo playing this year. Eventually? Sure. Parcells keeping him around was a good sign. But this year? Not a chance.
Maybe it's just my extraordinary spider sense. It certainly wouldn't be the first time. Do a search on this forum of me hawking Romo. While you are at it, search for me hawking Benga and Mensah-Bonu and Barea.

You will discover that I have my ear to the ground, my finger to the pulse, and my nose to the grindstone. I know that you love nothing more than to prove me wrong. But you will never prove me wrong. That's how in-tune I am.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:20 AM   #250
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Romo > Bledsoe

(In my best Forrest Gump voice) And that's all I got to say about that.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #251
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that game last night was awesome~!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:44 AM   #252
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Chumdawg - I play fantasy football and follow the NFL, and your point about the two-back offense is duly noted. Still, my point is about Jones' ability to make people miss, break tackles, etc. If he could, I think he'd be in the game in goal-line situations. Certainly, he hits the hole pretty well and he does run hard. I just don't think there's anything that special about him. dirno might be right -- I might be underrating him. I can live with that. BTW, I wasn't complaining about the running game in general, because Jones and Barber are a pretty good combination.

As for Tiki Barber, I've heard quite a few commentators (or was that fantasy owners?) complaining about his inability to score.

jthig32 - It is mildly annoying for you to tell me that my opinion is foolish. Then again, you didn't even realize the Cowboys were grooming Romo.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #253
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Chumdawg - I play fantasy football and follow the NFL, and your point about the two-back offense is duly noted. Still, my point is about Jones' ability to make people miss, break tackles, etc. If he could, I think he'd be in the game in goal-line situations. Certainly, he hits the hole pretty well and he does run hard. I just don't think there's anything that special about him. dirno might be right -- I might be underrating him. I can live with that. BTW, I wasn't complaining about the running game in general, because Jones and Barber are a pretty good combination.

As for Tiki Barber, I've heard quite a few commentators (or was that fantasy owners?) complaining about his inability to score.

jthig32 - It is mildly annoying for you to tell me that my opinion is foolish. Then again, you didn't even realize the Cowboys were grooming Romo.

Sorry, I should say it SEEMS foolish to me. I see him make people miss a lot. He doesn't run over people, so if he doesn't make people miss I don't see how he's doing as well as he is.

But as you said, Chum is the one you should be talking to, as he's the one in the know. I am but a casual observer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #254
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, I should say it SEEMS foolish to me. I see him make people miss a lot. He doesn't run over people, so if he doesn't make people miss I don't see how he's doing as well as he is.

But as you said, Chum is the one you should be talking to, as he's the one in the know. I am but a casual observer.
That's fair enough. If you see it differently than me, I'm okay with that. My take is that he hits the hole well and is a pretty good "north/south" runner, so he's going to rack up pretty good yardage when playing with a *gasp* above-average offensive line.

As for Romo, I really don't care about who realized what about him, or when. I'm just enjoying the fact that we have a fairly mobile quarterback who can: a) avoid a sack, b) make regular use of our tight ends, c) spread the ball around to different receivers, and d) run for a gain occasionally to keep the defense honest.

I like Drew just fine, but every time he dropped back I was just praying that the other team wasn't blitzing.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 AM   #255
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
- If Newman doesn't go to the Pro-Bowl this year the league needs to intervene. That's two years in a raw that he's turned Steven Smith into just a guy.
You know what's amazing about that? We did not get that great of pressure last night. It wasn't terrible, I don't think, and we did hurry Jake a few times. But overall our pressure wasn't real consistent, and yet we held down one of the best receiver duos in football.

Now granted, they had some drops. In fact, if Keyshan catches that walk-in touchdown, the game could have been very different.

But, drops happen. That was a really impressive showing be the secondary.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-30-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #256
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

actually, a lot of the TV sports guys and writers wrote about the rumor that Bill wanted to start Romo in game 1.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #257
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
actually, a lot of the TV sports guys and writers wrote about the rumor that Bill wanted to start Romo in game 1.
Yes, yes I know that. My point was that these articles were not seen BEFORE training camp.

I'm trying to let this go. Just wanted to point that out.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #258
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

but they were. people were talking about it before the season even started.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #259
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
but they were. people were talking about it before the season even started.

Yes, I know. They were talking about it DURING training camp.

As I said last post, I was asking for proof that anyone wrote about it before training camp. The national buzz around Romo started during training camp this year.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 AM   #260
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Lets move past this guys... Lets just all be so damn happy about the win yesterday. I mean really. It was so friggin huge!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #261
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yeah, to be clear, I'm not trying to pound away at this. I'm done with the topic. But I'm so confused by mkat that I feel a strange need to respond.

I'm unclear how training camp does not indicate "before the season"....

Anyway. Big win. Yes.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #262
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:

Yes, I know. They were talking about it DURING training camp.

As I said last post, I was asking for proof that anyone wrote about it before training camp. The national buzz around Romo started during training camp this year.
who cares though? are you guys actually arguing about that? that's ....sad.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #263
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
who cares though? are you guys actually arguing about that? that's ....sad.
Thank you for your input.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 12:41 PM   #264
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

LAME-O
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #265
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I was out of town so couldnt be on the internet while i was watching. Great game. Great game by columbo. However on the defensive MVP of the boys, i have to disagree with Ellis. I think its been Newman and if i had to vote on defensive player of the year for the NFL so far, he would get my vote. He is the best pure cover guy in the nfl.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #266
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Some thoughts:
1. drops certainly helped - Smith had Newman on a slant that could have gone a ways if he didn't drop it.
2. I can't remember the last time we converted so many 2nd and longs and 3rd and longs. In past I would just resign myself to punting, but this game it felt that we actually had a shot at converting some of those and we did.
3. Ideas on who's going to do kick returns now that tyson's out? contrary to someone else's thought, i never have the feeling he's going to break one. solid 20-25 yards most times but rarely anything much longer. Crayton anyone? Hurd? Rector?
4. The fake QB draw pass to TO on the 2 pt conversion was great - i was thinking QB draw the whole way myself.
5. I liked seeing Roy shove Keyshawn down on that one run...
6. Thoughts/comments about our Free safety play this game? Was it Davis that got the kiss from coach? Don't remember too much in the way of big plays from the secondary.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #267
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I was out of town so couldnt be on the internet while i was watching. Great game. Great game by columbo. However on the defensive MVP of the boys, i have to disagree with Ellis. I think its been Newman and if i had to vote on defensive player of the year for the NFL so far, he would get my vote. He is the best pure cover guy in the nfl.
Champ Bailey is definitely better, and D'Angelo Hall probably is as well.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:00 PM   #268
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Champ Bailey is definitely better, and D'Angelo Hall probably is as well.
Champ maybe I think he is 1 with newman being 1a or vice versa, Hall is vastly overrated.

On that slant, Newman was there so it wouldnt have been a big gainer even if he had caught it, just a 10-15 yarder at best
Old 10-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #269
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Champ maybe I think he is 1 with newman being 1a or vice versa, Hall is vastly overrated.

On that slant, Newman was there so it wouldnt have been a big gainer even if he had caught it, just a 10-15 yarder at best
Mmmm. I think you're wrong on that slant. It sure looked like he was past Newman, to me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-30-2006, 02:42 PM   #270
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Mmmm. I think you're wrong on that slant. It sure looked like he was past Newman, to me.
Oh he had him beat no question but newman was there. He should have caught it but it wasnt gonna be a huge play.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #271
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:

Agreed. Newman is definitely better than Hall. He's still one of the more underrated players in the league although that may be coming to an end. Last week ESPN.com did a feature on the most indispensable players in the league and Newman was one of the corners.

And Smith wasn't going to run away from Newman if he caught that slant. He had a step on him but that's not enough.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 PM   #272
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed. Newman is definitely better than Hall. He's still one of the more underrated players in the league although that may be coming to an end. Last week ESPN.com did a feature on the most indispensable players in the league and Newman was one of the corners.

And Smith wasn't going to run away from Newman if he caught that slant. He had a step on him but that's not enough.
Smith might have, but I don't think Keyshawn was going to.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:31 PM   #273
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:

Exactly. Say what you want about Newman but he just shut down the best receiver in the nfl(and dallas has finally started shadowing him on good receivers for the most part btw) and if you are ever gonna give the man props, now is the time to do it.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 PM   #274
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... I just hope the guy gets voted in. He deserves it very much!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:55 AM   #275
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Liked seeing the defense get the opportunity to play the entire game with energy...Its nice to see a QB who can scramble and pick up a few...keep the D rested and they'll come through.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #276
kerensa

kerensa is infamous around these partskerensa is infamous around these parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JTPzdZEaas
kerensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #277
mkat
Platinum Member

that last song is pretty great.