Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #321
enervate

enervate will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I blame it on the mooseknuckle

me too...

Last edited by enervate; 11-05-2006 at 07:36 PM.
enervate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #322
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
I wish a reporter would ask T.O. point blank.. "How do you justify the amount of thought you put into your T.D celebrations when you lead the league in dropped passes?"

Consequently, costing the Cowboys probably 2 games because you can't get the job done when it counts
What other game did he cost them? I know you arent saying he cost them the giants game, they were losing that with or without the drop.

He does need to catch the freakin football though.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #323
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I actually thought Washington was the one close to the top.
They were but we passed them like a bullet today.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #324
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Consequently, costing the Cowboys probably 2 games because you can't get the job done when it counts
Costing them 2 games? What games have you been watching? If those 2 dropped passes cost us those 2 games than we have TO to thank for 4 games this season. Its impossible for 1 player to cost a team a loss or win in the NFL. NBA maybe but no way in hell is it possible in football.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #325
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Wow, what a way to lose. This has to be the worst ending to a Dallas Cowboys game that I have ever seen. Romo looked really good out there and his numbers were as well. 284 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's in only his second start is impressive. If TO would have hung on to that 50+ yard TD pass, Romo easily ends up with 330+ yards and 3 TD's.

Still can't believe we lost, I'm in shock. At least we hopefully found our qb for the next 10+ years.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #326
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enervate
me too...

lol moosknuckle.

The mooseknuckle could've scored more than 19 points on a BAD BAD Washingtone team, which should've came out of that first couple series with a LOT more than 5 points oh by the way.

amazing stuff today. I still can't believe what happened
Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #327
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't near a computer today during the game so I was reading the thread from the end of the game-time.....here are my favorites..

Quote:
The legend of Romo is Born if it wasnt already.
little premature....

Quote:
OF ALL THE THINGS...
exactly!

lol good stuff guys.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 11-06-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #328
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I wasn't near a computer today during the game so I was reading the thread from the end of the game-time.....here are my favorites..

little premature....
Hey I didnt say the legend of the Fg kick offensive line was born, Romo did his job.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #329
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Costing them 2 games? What games have you been watching? If those 2 dropped passes cost us those 2 games than we have TO to thank for 4 games this season. Its impossible for 1 player to cost a team a loss or win in the NFL. NBA maybe but no way in hell is it possible in football.
First off, don't be a smart ass to me if you want me to respond to this post. Second off, the games that you probably think T.O. had to do with us winning, we would have won regardless. T.O.'s so called 'will' hasn't done shit for us this year. I don't understand what the question is here. We are paying him 25 million to make plays that he is not making, yet he feels it necessary to show off in the end zone when the league and fans could give a shit. He is a moronic child in a gifted body.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #330
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't mind Nemesis DTown...he has a stick up his ass.

Although the child in a gifted body crack was probably correct.

Last edited by Drbio; 11-05-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #331
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Look, Romo played a good game, for sure...but so did Garrard in Jacksonville, and a couple of other no named guys.

Doesn't mean anything.

I think we're going to need 2 or 3 years to truly judge Roam-O who likes to run out of the pocket no matter how unnecessary it is

Last edited by Flacolaco; 11-05-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #332
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Second off, the games that you probably think T.O. had to do with us winning, we would have won regardless..
Ok, so what games that we lost did he cost us? You can argue today and ill say fine though so did alot of people. other than that? THe giants game? Hahaha, hell no. They were using your own standards, going to lose that game anyway. Philly? Umm no, that would be mr. bledsoe. Jags? Again mr bledsoe. So what other game did he cost us?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #333
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

This message is hidden because Drbio is on your ignore list.

Worthless professor of negative rep!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #334
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
THe giants game? Hahaha, hell no.
Hell yes.. IMO And your argument here doesn't convince me otherwise.. A crucial fourth down conversion would have put us in a position to change the face of the game. That is my opinion and if you disagree that is fine. I am not gonna be a smart ass about it. Some people have taken my anger of Terrell Owens as an attack or something personal.

Last edited by Nemesis; 11-05-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:38 AM   #335
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
This message is hidden because Drbio is on your ignore list.

Worthless professor of negative rep!
I love it when dickheads act like they didn't see a post.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:00 AM   #336
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Hell yes.. IMO And your argument here doesn't convince me otherwise.. A crucial fourth down conversion would have put us in a position to change the face of the game. That is my opinion and if you disagree that is fine. I am not gonna be a smart ass about it. Some people have taken my anger of Terrell Owens as an attack or something personal.
The problem is you were so indignant about it. Dallas would have had a miniscule chance of winning if TO caught that pass but he didnt cost them that game dude and to imply that that play did is just asinine. What do you think the 5 interceptions did during that game? Not affect it at all?
Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #337
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

OK... So I have had a night to sleep off my anger and I, AM STILL PISSED!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #338
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Anyone hear George Dunham ripping on T.O.Owens this morning on the Ticket?

funny stuff.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #339
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Best.....

Ending....

To.....

A....

Cowboys v Reskins....

game....

EVER !!!!!!!!

(although, last years improbable comeback win for the skins was pretty ssssweet toooo ! )

For years the "clint longley" type wins were ALWAYS on the cowboy's side of the equation... ALWAYS. It looks as if the worm may have actually turned! and the cowboys are starting to lose in peculiar and seemingly devine ways. All I can say is that it couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch! I despise the cowboys!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #340
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

"The Cowboys had 11 penalties for 153 yards, the third-most in franchise history. The Cowboys were charged with the club-record 161 penalty yards at Washington on Nov. 2, 1970."

There is the game right there. BARF
Old 11-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #341
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

another thing i think we are missing is why the hell would we run Jones out of the back of the end zone?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:56 AM   #342
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone hear George Dunham ripping on T.O.Owens this morning on the Ticket?

funny stuff.
The ripping on Vanderjagt this morning morning is pretty funny too.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #343
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
another thing i think we are missing is why the hell would we run Jones out of the back of the end zone?
I thought the same thing myself, but normally you do run in that situation. Personally, with the quick release of Romo and his decent scrambling abilities, I would have called a quick slant or something like that. Not that TO toss a couple of yards behind the line of scrimmage, but something similiar. Have one guy stretch the field too so if he has time he could actually attack. That would at least make them aware of the pass on 2nd down allowing you to run a bit better.

He didn't get tackled in the end zone anyway. Replays show that wasn't a safety, as the ball was on the other side of the line when he was down. Add those two points and the extra point and we have a different game there too. Maybe we still lose, who knows, but it still changes the entire game. Those 3 points plus the extra 7 that TO dropped puts the game at 29-12 with a quarter to play. Oh how it could have been different!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #344
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What exactly did Vandershank do wrong yesterday?

It's not his fault that kick was blocked.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #345
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What exactly did Vandershank do wrong yesterday?

It's not his fault that kick was blocked.
They were more ripping on his cocky attitude in the interview.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #346
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh ok.

Yeah he's a cocky son of a gun that's for sure. Still, I would think that after putting only 19 points on a crappy washington team, they'd have better things to talk about.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #347
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

He did basically say it takes 11 and that he did everything right. He said he knew it was good coming off of his foot and he was getting ready to run down field with his hands in the air or something like that.

He definitely came off cocky. With that said, if the line blocks he is 11/13 on the year and the early Vanderjagt complainers don't have much to complain about, minus his kickoffs. With that said, we all knew he was going to ALWAYS struggle in that area.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #348
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Ok, so what games that we lost did he cost us? You can argue today and ill say fine though so did alot of people. other than that? THe giants game? Hahaha, hell no. They were using your own standards, going to lose that game anyway. Philly? Umm no, that would be mr. bledsoe. Jags? Again mr bledsoe. So what other game did he cost us?
By that manner of thinking, Andre Gurode cost us the game as well. He should have made the block that owuld have allowed Glenn to run free down the sidelines.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-07-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:45 AM   #349
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
First off, don't be a smart ass to me if you want me to respond to this post. Second off, the games that you probably think T.O. had to do with us winning, we would have won regardless. T.O.'s so called 'will' hasn't done shit for us this year. I don't understand what the question is here. We are paying him 25 million to make plays that he is not making, yet he feels it necessary to show off in the end zone when the league and fans could give a shit. He is a moronic child in a gifted body.
No need to get butthurt. I don't care how much TO is getting paid because i'm not paying it. It kills me when fans bring this up. How much a player is getting paid when the fan doesn't have squat to do with how much a player is getting paid. You'd think you were the one paying him 25 million dollars. Hasn't done shit for us this year? 3 Touchdowns in a game is nothing? Easily one of the best blockers on our offense which doesn't say much but TO has been good for us. He also was hurt for a couple of the earlier games on our schedule. The pro bowler I expected? Not but at the same time his YAC is amazing. By far the best player in the league in getting yards after a catch. He he just drops balls just like any othe reciever in this league. Just like Keyshawn and Steve Smith did last week. Mind you had they caught their dropped passes for touchdowns the Cowboys would be 4 and 5 right now. I do count TO accountable for the missed catch. He has to make that play. He must. He's capable and he should make the play. His antics are only worth it if he makes those types of plays. He didn't yesterday.

Some of the fans in Dallas are letting their emotions get to them. We're upset over a dropped pass for goodness sakes. The game shouldn't have come down to a field goal or a dropped pass or a extra point. We should've murked the Redskins. They're trash. Horrible. Horrendous. Instead we gave them a win to change our record to 4-4 and you know what? That record defines exactly what we are. A .500 team. A mediocre and inconsistent team. I'll continue to cheer for the Cowboys regardless of the importance of the games but you have to excuse me for not giving a loss to an individual player. I'll happily say he contributed but i'd also throw in that the defense didn't make any plays. This is the reincarnation of the "Dooms Day" offense remember? I have no doubt in my mind this defense is talented. Has great players on it but it fails to make plays. You may not want to hear this but that Roy Williams missed interception was just as important as TO's dropped pass. The defense desperately needed a play made and failed to make it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #350
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
Best.....

Ending....

To.....

A....

Cowboys v Reskins....

game....

EVER !!!!!!!!

(although, last years improbable comeback win for the skins was pretty ssssweet toooo ! )

For years the "clint longley" type wins were ALWAYS on the cowboy's side of the equation... ALWAYS. It looks as if the worm may have actually turned! and the cowboys are starting to lose in peculiar and seemingly devine ways. All I can say is that it couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch! I despise the cowboys!
ok,
THIS (Seahawks game) was the best ending to a cowboys game ever
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote