Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Artest to Denver

Jesus, what is going on this wild, wild, west?

imagine that thugged out team...think it will happen? how do they have the salary space for all those big name contracts? i don't get it. how can you have AI, Mellow, Artest, and Camby under the same cap?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

How many driveby lockerroom shootings can one team endure?
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Dever had too many good players already, now they add Artest ................
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

link...anyone??

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

I don't see this reported anywhere... Is the topic meant to discuss the possibility of the deal or is it supposed to have already happened?
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
I don't see this reported anywhere... Is the topic meant to discuss the possibility of the deal or is it supposed to have already happened?
I need a link as well, Dr. Strange.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

It´s only a rumour at the moment:
Quote:
Two league sources said Sunday that the Denver Nuggets were in "full pursuit" of Artest and discussing a package involving Linas Kleiza, Eduardo Najera and a first-round pick.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #8
sike
The Preacha

I think we should know better than anyone right now not to believe rumor!

Old 02-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

If we want to talk about rumors, espn insider says Artest's name has come up in SA. Now imagine a lineup of Duncan, Artest, Bowen, Ginobli or Finley, Parker.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #10
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I think we should know better than anyone right now not to believe rumor!
Well, in this case, if you hear of any trade rumors being shot down, people will actually have been ducking.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #11
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think if Artest is traded he will actually be going to Cleveland.

From the rumors I've been hearing they're trying desperately to get their guy some help. Not sure what Sacramento would take for him but Cleveland could offer Pavlovic, two expiring contracts, and a draft pick.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Any chance that Najara has some unknown no-trade clause?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

yeah, just a rumor. sorry for any confusion.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
If we want to talk about rumors, espn insider says Artest's name has come up in SA. Now imagine a lineup of Duncan, Artest, Bowen, Ginobli or Finley, Parker.
That would royally suck for every other team in the NBA.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #15
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

That could either be really good or really bad for the Spurs. Depending on what they have to give up and how well they can keep that nut-case focused.

Artest's latest comment has him backing off of his trade request saying he wants to just focus on winnin a championship with the Kings this year. That's how messed up this guy's head is.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 02-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
That could either be really good or really bad for the Spurs. Depending on what they have to give up and how well they can keep that nut-case focused.

Artest's latest comment has him backing off of his trade request saying he wants to just focus on winnin a championship with the Kings this year. That's how messed up this guy's head is.
I'm pretty sure Pop/Duncan and their winning % and rings will tell him to shut up.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #17
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

No thanks to Artest. Not worth the risk.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Artest to SA doesn't scare me. They don't have the offense to maximize his talents anyway.

Mike Miller to SA scares me.

Imagine his shooting and size at the wing, with Parker still penetrating, and Duncan still Duncan. Ginobili still doing his thing as well. OUCH.

If they could add a slightly better athletic C to defend the rim against running teams -- please don't let Diop go there next year -- wow.

Parker, MMiller, Bowen, Ginobili, Finley, Duncan, Oberto, Diop = Next ring if healthy, IMO.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Artest to SA doesn't scare me. They don't have the offense to maximize his talents anyway.

Mike Miller to SA scares me.

Imagine his shooting and size at the wing, with Parker still penetrating, and Duncan still Duncan. Ginobili still doing his thing as well. OUCH.

If they could add a slightly better athletic C to defend the rim against running teams -- please don't let Diop go there next year -- wow.

Parker, MMiller, Bowen, Ginobili, Finley, Duncan, Oberto, Diop = Next ring if healthy, IMO.
Agreed. Plus Artest has a bad habit of just randomly deciding it's time for him to get some shots up and he becomes a chucker. I doubt Pop would find that too amusing.

Miller is the guy I hope they go after. They've got the expiring contracts Memphis is looking for and haven't ever been shy about tossing in draft picks. But I remember seeing somewhere that Memphis wants to tie Brian Cardinal's bad contract to Miller. That probably takes the Spurs out since they're not big fans of taking on dead weight.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:04 PM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3249812

Mike Bibby has been exiled after nearly seven seasons with the Sacramento Kings. Is Ron Artest next?

Artest told ESPN.com on Saturday that he's no longer lobbying for a move before Thursday's trading deadline.

"I am anxious to see what my future holds, [but] I like Sac," Artest wrote in an e-mail. "My entire focus is with Sac and winning a championship this year."

Earlier this month, Artest said repeatedly that the Kings "would be better if I wasn't on the team." But he's backed off those comments, which apparently stem from Artest's concern that Sacramento isn't interested in keeping him beyond this season.

Artest has the ability to terminate his contract at season's end and become a free agent in July. Earning $7.4 million this season and due to make the same amount next season, Artest will be seeking a substantial raise if he does opt out.

Yet there have been no indications that such a raise is coming from the Kings. And after shedding Bibby's $14.5 million salary for next season, Sacramento seems unlikely to part with Artest now in any trade that adds long-term salary to the Kings' payroll -- even with the likes of Denver's Carmelo Anthony using his All-Star Weekend platform to publicly call for his team to trade for Artest.

The Kings might have other motivations to keep him around. Artest has been playing maybe his best ball as a King since those comments about leaving, with first-year coach Reggie Theus praising Artest's increased willingness to share the ball and his all-around team play in making the claim this week that "Ron is our go-to guy."

As for Bibby's departure, Artest has always tried to convince the skeptics that he and Bibby were closer than outsiders believe. He tried again Saturday to dispel the notion that there was friction between the two, insisting that they often worked out together away from the practice floor and spent time with each other's children.

"Bibby treated me like family," Artest said.

Last edited by MavsX; 02-19-2008 at 05:04 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #21
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
I'm pretty sure Pop/Duncan and their winning % and rings will tell him to shut up.
Conventional methods don't work with this guy. I'm telling you, I think he would be bad news for that team.

Miller going to SA really scares me, though, and I think it would actually make them the favorites to win it all again.

Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldnt this be a hypothetical trade in the trade forum?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #23
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3249812

Mike Bibby has been exiled after nearly seven seasons with the Sacramento Kings. Is Ron Artest next?

Artest told ESPN.com on Saturday that he's no longer lobbying for a move before Thursday's trading deadline.

"I am anxious to see what my future holds, [but] I like Sac," Artest wrote in an e-mail. "My entire focus is with Sac and winning a championship this year."

Earlier this month, Artest said repeatedly that the Kings "would be better if I wasn't on the team." But he's backed off those comments, which apparently stem from Artest's concern that Sacramento isn't interested in keeping him beyond this season.

Artest has the ability to terminate his contract at season's end and become a free agent in July. Earning $7.4 million this season and due to make the same amount next season, Artest will be seeking a substantial raise if he does opt out.

Yet there have been no indications that such a raise is coming from the Kings. And after shedding Bibby's $14.5 million salary for next season, Sacramento seems unlikely to part with Artest now in any trade that adds long-term salary to the Kings' payroll -- even with the likes of Denver's Carmelo Anthony using his All-Star Weekend platform to publicly call for his team to trade for Artest.

The Kings might have other motivations to keep him around. Artest has been playing maybe his best ball as a King since those comments about leaving, with first-year coach Reggie Theus praising Artest's increased willingness to share the ball and his all-around team play in making the claim this week that "Ron is our go-to guy."

As for Bibby's departure, Artest has always tried to convince the skeptics that he and Bibby were closer than outsiders believe. He tried again Saturday to dispel the notion that there was friction between the two, insisting that they often worked out together away from the practice floor and spent time with each other's children.

"Bibby treated me like family," Artest said.
cheater!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #24
Mavfreak

Mavfreak will become famous soon enoughMavfreak will become famous soon enough

Artest is a nut case. As great and gifted as he is, his personality makes him an undesirable player. Now, if he could get a Psyche transplant he'd be awesome.
Mavfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #25
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
cheater!!!!

...and you're drunk

Last edited by MavsX; 02-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote