Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Few More Rumors

It seems it is alot of talk that the Kidd deal is going to happen. I hate to see it but i might as well get use to it. I just hope we win a title this year. I think Harris will be a good young player for years to come and very hard to defense against.

Some rumors.....

Jason Kidd is still a Net, for now. But he would have been wise to pack heavy for this weekend's All-Star Game in New Orleans, because he might be going straight from the Big Easy to Big D. Though the blockbuster trade that the Nets and Mavericks agreed on Wednesday night is still "on hold," it is also still "very much" alive, according to Nets president Rod Thorn.

Jason Kidd may still wind up in Dallas. But it won't be today. Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban greeted questions about the trade that wasn't with the words, "nothing new to report." Officials with the Mavericks and New Jersey Nets either chose their words carefully or didn't say anything at all in the aftermath of the complex deal that hit an unexpected roadblock.

Mavericks officials say that a large part of Thursday was spent trying to convince Devean George that it is in his best interest to waive his no-trade clause so that the mega-deal bringing Jason Kidd to Dallas could be executed.

Dallas forward Devean George had a television camera trained on him as he entered U.S. Airways Thursday night for the Mavericks' game against the Phoenix Suns. It was a surreal scene for George, who is used to blending into the background on and off the court. "I never thought I'd be in the position to throw the league in a frenzy," George said. Laughing ruefully, he added, "I didn't know I'd have that power.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also rumor has it that Kurt Thomas is likely to be our back up center behind Dampier. My thought on this, another short center, old, but we have to have someone and he is physical. I wish i could pick and choose another but it is slim pickens. He isn't bad but just old.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phx adding players...

The Suns have to add a 13th player to their roster by Feb. 22 - a day after the trade deadline. There are still indications the Suns are looking to make a minor trade to obtain perimeter defensive help, but they will also bring in four free agents for a workout on Tuesday.

The players coming to Phoenix are Linton Johnson, a 6-foot-8 forward with four years of NBA experience, including 54 games with New Orleans/Oklahoma City last season; Ronald Dupree, a 6-7 athletic swingman out of LSU, who played 19 games with the Detroit Pistons last year; Bobby Jones, a 6-7 guard who began the season with Denver and had two 10-day stints with Memphis earlier this season; and Carlos Powell, a 6-7 leaper from South Carolina, who is averaging 22.3 points and 6.3 rebounds with the Dakota Wizards of the NBADL
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote