Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 03-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #121
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

heard anything about which player might be included
Old 03-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #122
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

nothing solid, but i'm thinkin Akin Ayodele...maybe Carpenter or Burnett.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:05 AM   #123
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I hope its Carpenter but i'd put money on Ayodele. I think its definately between those two. Burnett is here to stay. Or should be anyway. He's finally healthy and is playing great. We're really deep at the linebacker position. Even if we lose Ayodele or Carpenter.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #124
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I hope its Carpenter but i'd put money on Ayodele. I think its definately between those two. Burnett is here to stay. Or should be anyway. He's finally healthy and is playing great. We're really deep at the linebacker position. Even if we lose Ayodele or Carpenter.
Ayodele had a big down year, so i wouldn't mind seeing him go and giving the spot to Burnett...wouldn't be bad to have a ILB that can actually blitz.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #125
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Source: Pacman talks between Cowboys, Titans stall

ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 31, 2008, 1:43 PM ET

Pacman Jones wants to go to Dallas, and the Cowboys apparently want him. How much they'll give up to get him is a different story.

The Titans might be asking too much of the Cowboys in return for Pacman Jones. Matt Mosley writes that Tennessee would be fortunate to recieve a fifth-round pick in return for the suspended cornerback.

A source close to the negotiations told ESPN's Ed Werder on Sunday night that trade talks between the Cowboys and Titans have stalled over the issue of compensation.

The Titans are seeking a fourth-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-round selection next year, according to the source. The Cowboys are so far unwilling to provide either, believing they are the only team pursuing Jones, who remains suspended for violations of the personal-conduct policy.

ESPN.com's Matt Mosley has been told by a Titans source that there is a feeling in the organization that Jones cannot be reformed and should be traded even though at least one Tennessee defensive starter says players would embrace Jones' return.

The Titans have been steadfast in their position, apparently convinced that Jones' trade value will not worsen.

Jones said last week in a radio interview with Cowboys Hall of Famer Michael Irvin that he wants to resume his career in Dallas. He will apply to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for reinstatment in the next two weeks.

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. Matt Mosley covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3321650

Two 4th round picks? Hopefully they're just posturing.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #126
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pacman trade on hold

March 31, 2008 7:00 AM

Though the Pacman Jones trade has been referred to as "imminent" by at least one Web site, ESPN's Ed Werder is now reporting that talks between the Cowboys and Titans have stalled over compensation. On Thursday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher pretty much closed the books on Pacman's stay in Nashville, but it turns out the club is looking for more than the late-round draft pick the Cowboys are reportedly offering.

The fact that Pacman and his agent Manny Arora haven't been able to scare up a market for the troubled cornerback doesn't help the Titans' cause. But according to our man Werder, Tennessee is now asking for an additional draft pick in 2009.

I thought Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt was out of his mind until I remembered he was the senior vice president in Seattle when Jerry gave up two first-round draft picks for Joey Galloway in 2000. It's one of the most regrettable moves of the Dallas owner's career, and that's saying something. The Seahawks used one of those picks to select running back Shaun Alexander, who turned out OK.

In the end, the Titans will be fortunate to land a fifth-round pick for Pacman. Even Jerry's benevolence has its limits. Pacman and his agent put all their cards on the table during a three-hour tell-all with Michael Irvin.

By then, the teams that were allegedly interested in Pacman withdrew their names from consideration. So long, leverage.

Jerry Jones can screw up a deal with the best of them, but the former oilman knows when he has someone over a barrrel.
Link

Interesting angle.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #127
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Link

Interesting angle.
It's on!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM   #128
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

No McFadden for Cowboys

After weeks of speculation in which he refused to comment, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones finally admitted he is not going to try to trade up high enough in the first round to be able to draft Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

The Cowboys have two first-round picks and running back Marion Barber, but Jones isn't going to break up a good situation.

"I have no intent at all of moving into the top five," Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "A team can get crippled, and I mean seriously crippled, from a financial standpoint by being up there in the top five or six. It's a real negative.

"Nobody wants in there, and the teams in there, they want out. This is a very tough draft, anyway, when it comes to evaluating the talent and then trying to match up that with the millions it takes to operate at the top of the draft."

Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #129
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

dooomz!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #130
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

If we got Pacman, I'd feel really good about grabbing a WR and a RB with our 2 first-rounders.

Come on.......... I need some football news to drown out the pain of basketball.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM   #131
mkat
Platinum Member

CB and a S in the first round!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #132
Underdog

Goodell Doesn't Waver On Pacman's Suspension
dallascowboys.com

IRVING, Texas
- There has been a lot of conjecture and rumors floating around about the status of a possible trade between the Dallas Cowboys and the Tennessee Titans for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones.

Is there a trade? Is there a hang up to a possible trade? Have the Cowboys negotiated a suitable restructured contract with Jones?

But in all this, there seems to be a word associated with Jones continually overlooked. It's suspended.

Jones was suspended for one year last April by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for repeated violations of the league's new conduct policy, and the new commissioner said at the time readmission to the league one-year later was not guaranteed. Goodell also has been consistent in saying he would review Jones' suspension before the start of training camp, even though the cornerback's representatives are pushing for reinstatement prior to the April 26-27 NFL Draft.

Well, here is fact you can count on concerning Pacman Jones: Exactly what Goodell had to say about him on Monday, the first official day of the NFL Annual Meeting in Palm Beach, Fla.:

"In my last correspondence with Adam I told him I would make my decision prior to the start of training camp. I've seen some of his recent comments that he made on the Michael Irvin radio show; I think some of those comments are encouraging. I've always said that he has to accept responsibility for his actions and that when he does I would reconsider his status."

When asked if clubs interested in possibly trading for Jones know something about his potential reinstatement no one else knows (insert Cowboys here), Goodell was very clear, saying, "The clubs that have contacted us, I have made no commitments about his availability. I've said that I would make an evaluation and decision prior to the training camp, but there have been no promises made by me about what the outcome of that is because I've been very clear - I would like to see how Pacman does and how he responds.

"I think (teams possibly trading for him) know the consequences, they know the status of the player, (so) I assume there will be consideration for that and I don't feel any obligation to do any more than I've said, which is to reconsider his status.

"If he doesn't meet that standard, I don't feel any obligation to reinstate him."

No Prime Opener

The Cowboys were not included in any of the four primetime TV games scheduled for the NFL's season-opening weekend, but that does not preclude them from possibly being involved in a nationally-broadcast game the opening Sunday afternoon (Sept. 7) on either Fox or CBS.

The NFL announced at the meetings that the Super Bowl champion New York Giants would play host to the Washington Redskins in the league's season-opening Thursday night contest (Sept. 4) at Giants Stadium on NBC. Kickoff is scheduled for 6 p.m. (CDT), 90 minutes earlier than normal to avoid conflicting with coverage of the Republican National Convention

The three other primetime TV games the opening week will include Chicago at Indianapolis Sunday night on NBC and two ESPN Monday night games (Sept. 8), Minnesota at Green Bay (6 p.m. CDT) and Denver at Oakland (9:15 p.m. CDT). The game at Indianapolis will be the first regular-season game played in the Colts' new Lucas Oil Stadium.

The remainder of the NFL schedule is expected to be announced early in April, but most likely not until after Thursday's conclusion to the league meetings.

No Compensation, Either

The Cowboys not only were shut out of the primetime television games the opening week, they also did not receive any compensatory picks for the NFL's April 26-27 draft.

The league awarded 32 overall picks to 15 teams, the highest being the third-round picks given to Washington, Cincinnati, Baltimore and Atlanta. Baltimore and Cincinnati received the most picks (four), while Chicago, Indianapolis, Philadelphia and Washington each received three.

The Cowboys had little chance of receiving any compensatory picks since they did not lose any starters last year in unrestricted free agency, but signed two eventual Pro Bowlers, Leonard Davis and Ken Hamlin. Unrestricted free agents lost were backups Ryan Fowler, Al Johnson and Kenyon Coleman.

The Picks

The Cowboys officially have eight picks in this month's NFL Draft, including three in the top 61 and four in the top 92. The Cowboys have one pick in each of the draft's seven rounds and an extra pick in the first, the 22nd acquired last year from Cleveland in a draft-day trade.

Officially the Cowboys have the 22nd and 28th picks in the first round; 30th in the second round (61 overall); 29th in the third round (92 overall); 28th in the fourth round (126 overall); 30th in the fifth round (163 overall); first in the sixth round (167 overall) thanks to swapping positions with Miami as part of the Jason Ferguson trade; and 28th in the seventh round (235 overall).

Ironically, the Cowboys had the 22nd pick in last year's first round, but traded that pick to Cleveland for the Browns' 2008 first-round draft choice, winding up in the exact same spot. Of course the Browns used last year's acquired pick to select Brady Quinn

Last edited by Underdog; 03-31-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #133
Underdog

Quote:
Come on.......... I need some football news to drown out the pain of basketball.
Sorry about that last post!

Old 04-01-2008, 02:49 AM   #134
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

GOODELL TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT ON HIS RECONSIDERATION OF PACMAN'S SUSPENSION!

Quote:
A source close to the situation involving Adam "Pacman" Jones told ESPN's Ed Werder on Monday night that Commissioner Roger Goodell would soon be making an announcement on his reconsideration of Pacman's suspension.

"In light of Jones's recent good conduct, I would like to provide an opportunity for him to be potentially situated prior to training camp. I think (teams possibly trading for him) know the consequences, they know the status of the player... We want to be stern, but also fair."

To continue reading this article you must be an Insider.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/news08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3311410&action=logi n&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fn fl%2fnews08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnis t%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3311410

CAN SOMEONE POST THIS INSIDER ARTICLE?

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-01-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #135
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

HUH? WHAT?

Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL Counter-programs McCain!
The NFL announced today that the 2008 season will kick-off on Thursday, Sep. 4th -- the same night McCain is set to accept the GOP nomination at the convention in the Twin Cities.

Per ESPN, the game will start 90 minutes earlier because of the convention.

But given that it pits the world champion New York Giants versus America's team, the Washingotn Redskins, Republicans can't be happy about what will inevitably distract attention from the penultimate night of their convention.
Giggle. Yeah right.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-01-2008 at 06:28 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #136
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Considering what shows up on my toolbar when I hover over that, I'm not clicking it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #137
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Commish firms up timeframe for ruling on Pacman's reinstatement

"I'll make a decision prior to the start of training camp," commissioner Roger Goodell said of possibly reinstating Jones, who was suspended for last season for violations of the personal-conduct policy. "I have seen some of his recent comments ... and some of those comments were encouraging. I have always said he has to accept responsibility for his actions."

Goodell, who includes Jones' status among a plethora of topics he touched on at the owners meetings Monday, offered his most pointed comments yet on whether Jones' suspension will cross over into a second season.

Jones wants to play for the Cowboys and Dallas apparently wants to acquire him, but a source close to the negotiations has told ESPN's Ed Werder that trade talks have stalled over the issue of compensation.

The Titans are seeking a fourth-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-round pick in 2009, according to the source. The Cowboys are so far unwilling to provide either, believing they are the only team pursuing Jones.

A Titans source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that there is a feeling within the organization that Jones cannot be reformed and should be traded even though at least one Tennessee defensive starter says players would embrace Jones' return to the team.

Jones said last week in a radio interview with Cowboys Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin that he wants to resume his career in Dallas. Jones intends to apply for reinstatement sometime before the April 26-27 draft.

"Dallas, they know the consequences [of a trade] and the status of the player," Goodell said Monday. "I don't feel any obligation to do more than I said, to reconsider his status. I have made no commitment."

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3323489

It seems to me that if the Titans want anything close to what they're asking for, they shouldn't expect to deal Pacman until after Goodell has made an announcement reinstating Pacman. Titans may want value, but right now that value is pretty much zilch since Pacman can't play. I see value in them getting something in return + getting rid of the uncertainty.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-01-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #138
Underdog

Defense To Use Radio Signals; Preseason Opponents
dallascowboys.com

IRVING, Texas - With lots of different rule changes being discussed at the NFL Annual Meeting in Palm Beach, Fla., one that actually passed on Tuesday might help clear up what has been an ongoing problem for the last several years.

The league passed the rule allowing a communication device to be installed in the helmet of one defensive player, equaling the offensive side of the ball, where quarterbacks have had use of the device for several years.

While the communication device will be installed in the helmets of two defensive players, only one of them will be allowed to be on the field at the same time. The ability to verbally send in the defensive calls should eliminate having to hand signal the majority of defensive signals from the sidelines.

One of the biggest stories of the NFL season last year involved the New England Patriots, who were reprimanded by the league and had to forfeit their own first-round draft pick for videotaping the defensive signals of the New York Jets in the season opener. The NFL is currently looking into the matter of the Patriots potentially taping opponents' signals for years.

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who was fined $500,000 by the NFL for his involvement in the Spygate controversy, said he voted for passage of the new rule.

With 24 votes needed to pass any new rule, the NFL owners voted 25-7 in favor of using the communication device on defense. And it probably wasn't a coincidence that the seven teams who voted against the proposal - Green Bay, Oakland, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Washington - all have offensive-minded head coaches.

Last year, proponents of the new rule totaled just 22 votes, two short of the needed 75 percent the league mandates for all rule changes.

Not only was Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips in favor of the rule, but he said the Spygate issue could have been avoided had this rule been implemented earlier.

"They were filming signals," Phillips said of the Patriots. "If you didn't have any signals, it wouldn't have happened. I'm just happy to get something passed. That way you don't have to worry about it. People were putting towels up in front of people. You shouldn't have to play football that way."

The owners tabled the discussion for a new proposed rule prohibiting players' hair from blocking the nameplate and number on the back of the uniform.

Other rules being discussed at the owners meeting includes offensive players being flagged 15 yards for stiff-arms to the face of defenders and no longer allowing a reception on the sideline when a receiver in the air is forced out of bounds by a defender.

Preseason Opponents Getting Close

With the NFL expected to announce the entire regular-season schedule possibly in the next two weeks, it appears the Cowboys' four preseason opponents are close to being finalized as well.

The team's public relations staff confirmed the Cowboys will play their first two exhibition games on the road in San Diego and Denver.

With the Cowboys returning to Oxnard, Calif., this summer for training camp, it makes sense to travel less than three hours south to face the Chargers in the preseason opener.

The Cowboys will then return to Oxnard for a few days before heading to Denver for a couple of practices with the Broncos before meeting them in a preseason game at Invesco Field at Mile High.

The club will head back to Dallas of the game, with the final two preseason games to be played at Texas Stadium. The Cowboys have not officially announced the two home preseason opponents, but team owner Jerry Jones hinted this week Minnesota and Houston would likely play the Cowboys at Texas Stadium to round out the 2008 preseason schedule.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #139
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Disney Land with a bunch of friends for a day this past March. We decided to count people wearing Cowboys gear vs. all other California football teams (SF, SD, Oak) throughout the day when we were there.

Final Score:

Cowboys 14
California Teams 12

Many Romo jerseys.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #140
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Sources: Pacman offers to cut pay demand for Titans

By Ed Werder
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: April 4, 2008, 6:58 PM ET

While Pacman Jones trade discussions remain stalemated, sources tell ESPN that the Cowboys are convinced that the more than $6 million in guaranteed base salary the Titans are obligated to pay the suspended cornerback over the next three years virtually assures that an eventual trade is Tennessee's only inexpensive solution.

To stimulate a deal, according to sources, Jones has offered to forego money he has earned from and is owed by the Titans if the team drops its insistence he repay a similar amount of signing bonus.

Jones is expected to apply for reinstatement next week following a one-year suspension. Even though Jones had behavioral issues before coming to the NFL that caused some teams to downgrade him or to take him completely off their draft boards, the Titans took him sixth overall in 2005 and agreed to guarantee base salaries of more than $1.2 million for the upcoming season, $1.7 million in 2009 and in excess of $2 million in the final year. The Titans will be responsible for those amounts if Jones is released or kept on the Titans roster. Trading Jones and his contract to another team is the only way to avoid it.

Still, Titans coach Jeff Fisher, in an interview at the NFL owners meetings, told ESPN he has not eliminated the possibility of keeping Jones. That seems unlikely and contradicts other comments he has made about the Titans moving forward without the player arrested six times since beginning his NFL career.

To facilitate a trade to Dallas -- where Jones says he prefers to resume his career -- the player has offered to forego the $1.2 million performance bonus he earned for playing at least 25 percent of the Titans' defensive plays in an attempt to offset the $1.275 million signing bonus the Titans are currently demanding he repay before completing any trade. According to sources, Jones is willing to call it even and walk away. The Titans have not made that compromise.

There remains a less serious difference of opinion between the Cowboys and Titans over draft-pick compensation. The Titans want a fourth-round pick in this month's draft and another pick in 2009. Believing they have leverage, the Cowboys are unwilling to offer two picks.

"If they are serious about what they are asking from us, that's what they should do is keep him," a Cowboys source said.

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.
Link

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #141
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

did I just hear correctly? Cowboys have Zach Thomas?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #142
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

cowboys have had thomas for a good while now
Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #143
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

awesome! I have met him through my brother in law, when they played for Tech. Cool cat!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #144
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

AT&T Field appears to possible be the new name of the stadium.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #145
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

wretched.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #146
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
AT&T Field appears to possible be the new name of the stadium.
Some suggested catch phrases for the new stadium:

Fewest Dropped Balls
More Stars than Most Places
Reach Out and Sack Someone

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #147
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Naming rights still up in air.

There's still time for MavsX to start Indian Butt Magic Incorporated and git 'er dun!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #148
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean we'll be disturbingly connected with the Spurs?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #149
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Naming rights still up in air.

There's still time for MavsX to start Indian Butt Magic Incorporated and git 'er dun!

it's almost too easy. Does anybody have 10 grand to spot me so i can get in on Michael and Jan's company "Serenity by Jan"...

"i thought about it..........i'm in" (andy)
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #150
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Word is, Chad Johnson wants out of Cincinatti.

Dallas has two 1st rounders and a potential need at WR, they may be able to deal one of them and address another need with the other...

Just think if they end up trading a 1st for WR Chad Johnson, and a later pick for CB Pacman Jones. They would have filled arguably two of their biggest needs with pro-bowl calibre players (yet both headaches).

What would be really scary is if they could get by with a 2nd rounder for Chad Johnson and then trade both their 1sts to Oakland or KC to draft Darren McFadden. Romo's weapons would be McFadden, Barber, Owens, Witten, and Johnson?? Not fair to anyone in the league.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #151
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Unfortunately, there's still only one football. =p

I don't think Ocho Cinco is going anywhere. Didn't the Bengals release their only other good WR?

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #152
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Unfortunately, there's still only one football. =p

I don't think Ocho Cinco is going anywhere. Didn't the Bengals release their only other good WR?
No, they have Houshmandzadeh (sp?) who made the probowl last year and had a better season than Chad. I would be willing to give up both firsts for Chad, just imagine our offense with him.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #153
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want chad johnson at any price. Love the player but don't want him on my team.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #154
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I would much, MUCH rather have Boldin or Williams than Ocho Cinco.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #155
ty
Diamond Member

I'd take Roy Williams in a jif.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #156
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I would much, MUCH rather have Boldin or Williams than Ocho Cinco.
Sure, but they aren't available. Chad Johnson is available and he would look good in a Cowboys uniform. I just don't think this team would have enough room for Owens, Pacman, and Johnson.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #157
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

I still don't think Ocho is available. He's just talking. I think more substantive rumors have surrounded Roy Williams, and he's probably not available either.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #158
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
Sure, but they aren't available. Chad Johnson is available and he would look good in a Cowboys uniform. I just don't think this team would have enough room for Owens, Pacman, and Johnson.
What makes you think he's any more available than the other two? Everything I've heard out of Cincy says that they're not trading him.

As far as the other two keep in mind that as draft day approaches and teams get anamored with their boards, "unavailable" players tend to become available.

BTW, are you a Cowboy fan?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #159
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
What makes you think he's any more available than the other two? Everything I've heard out of Cincy says that they're not trading him.

As far as the other two keep in mind that as draft day approaches and teams get anamored with their boards, "unavailable" players tend to become available.

BTW, are you a Cowboy fan?
Chad has demanded a trade and the way he has crossed Palmer and such, I doubt he is back in Cincy. They probably do not want to trade him (he has a ton of talent), but his actions this off-season may lead them to making that decision.

And am I a Cowboys fan? A little. I have warmed up to them a little since living in DFW, but they are not my number one team (The Texans are....yes, the Texans).
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #160
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

The Texans? Ouch, any team is warm compared to them. =) Welcome home.

Regardless of who it is, we need a burner to go alongside El Dorado.

Is this ghost ball??