Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #41
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

translation: How could you call a foul. We are the Spurs.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:13 PM   #42
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by allahu akbar
The difference is that you're talking about fans on their own forums complaining.
something that fans on every forum, including this one, do.

But that is an article written by a professional that alot of people could potentially read.
Very different indeed.
And I am sure no one last night who watched the game saw heard the sorriness of the fans calling out the refs either. Or Tim, Manu, TP, POP, or any other Spurs player constantly harrasing the refs after every call. I guess they didn't see that so yeah, an article would be worse.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #43
allahu akbar
Banned

allahu akbar is an unknown quantity at this point

That's funny man.

Look up what the players are saying outside of the games.

you're players sure are bitching alot. Ours basically haven't said anything.

So, basically the mavs are complaining in games, almost as much as the spurs.

After the game they are complaining waaaaaaaay more than the spurs.

Add that up, that equals to more complaining done by the mavs overall than the Spurs.

You realize that right?
allahu akbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #44
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

realize that they are talking about a bear hug defense. Yeah, that constitutes complaining. Geez, spurs fans are dumbasses.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:17 PM   #45
allahu akbar
Banned

That isn't bitching? Damn, then i dont know what is.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #46
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Ok, whatever dude.
Think what you want. The Spurs are the biggest crybabies in this league. Every team complains about calls. They say stuff to the refs. But what SA does is way overboard. Every single Call that was made was complained on to the refs. The entire stadium went into chants of "refs you suck, refs you suck", NVE was kicked out for cursing at the refs. It is utterly ridiculous the way they handle themselves on the court. And then they come off the court and act like nothing ever happened. What absolute bullshit. I hate watching Spurs games for the simple fact that they are freaking crybabies.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #47
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

And then their fans come on this board and boards around the country saying how they were cheated out of a win, how the refs are out to get them, how they get no respect, how the mavs complain just as much as they do, how they have 3 rings and you don't so na na na boo boo. Who gives a FREAKING SH!T. You got your ASS handed to you in game 2. You got lucky the last second shot by Stack didn't go down or you would be down 2-0. Play the GOD DA!N game.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #48
allahu akbar
Banned

Dude, you don't like them for the fact that they handle their problems with the refs in the game rather than through the media like you guys?

I'd rather they get rid of their problems with the ref in the game, than bitch like you guys in the game, and then even more after the game.

It's like you guys are setting up excuses for when you eventually lose.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #49
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Please, I would like for you to do a little research for me here. If you are so sure of yourself that the Mavs complain to the media after games, please get me allthe quotes of players and personel that have complained about the REFS. I would really like to see these quotes about players going off in the media about the refs and the officiating.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #50
allahu akbar
Banned

You do you're own research, but so far without doing anything already know 3 players.

avery with his bear hug, then jet doing the same, then Dirk.

Now you name me one player. Go ahead, find one.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #51
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Thats what I thought. But here you go. Her is last nights post game from each player and coach on the Mavs.

Mavericks Head Coach Avery Johnson

On the game - “Well, tonight obviously we are glad to be able to pull the game out. We thought we played a game pretty much our style. The pace of the game was a lot better than the pace in Game 1. A lot of that had to do with Devin (Harris) being out there.”

“We were not flawless tonight, no matter what the stat sheet or scoreboard says. We still have room to improve. We are not twenty points better than the Spurs. They are still the champions and we are just trying to grind out the series.”

On defending Tim Duncan - “We have got to continue to do a better job. He was 8 for 10 from the field and got to the line 14 times. We are trying to be physical with him, but Duncan is a handful.”

On his team’s energy tonight - “We didn’t use our bench kind of like we had been. We wanted a certain flow to the game, and we needed fresh bodies for that flow.”

On going back to Dallas 1-1 - “You don’t want the Spurs to have two games on you. I don’t know if any team is that good.”

On guarding Tony Parker - “Tony’s pretty hard to guard. I don’t know if any one guy can do it. I think we have guys who can do it every now and then, but you just do the best you can.”

Jerry Stackhouse

On the game - “We got off to a good start with Devin (Harris) in the game. We came out focused and tried to pick the tempo up a bit. The last game played more to the Spurs likeness. Tonight the game and the numbers were more to our liking.”

“We knew they would make a run. They’re the World Champions so we knew they would make a run. It was up to us to concentrate and worry about ourselves and put pressure on them.”

“I’m excited to be in the playoffs. It’s a great opportunity for me and for the team. We’ve been building up to this. Avery (Johnson), Mark Cuban, we’ve all been on the same page and trying to see the big picture.”

“We were fortunate to come in and get this (the win), but we need to put it in the past. We have to protect home court. Nothing in games one and two are going to help us game three. We have to go home and rest.”

Dirk Nowitzki

On the game - “Like I’ve said before, I don’t think this is going to be my highest scoring series. What I really want to focus on is playing and all-around game. I just want to be efficient. Like tonight I had 20 points but I only took 11 shots. I need more efficient games like that. On our pick and roll they are hugging up on me so much that is allowing our point guards to get into the lane.”

On Devin Harris - “He’s been big for us. He’s so athletic and can get to the rim. He is a great finisher and tonight he hit a couple of big in between shots. He’s also another ball-handler to have out there on the floor and it makes it tough for them to defend our pick and roll.”

“Obviously game one was a tough loss for us. But we watched the tapes and we actually encouraged because we played poorly on both ends of the floor and were still right there at the end. Tonight we really focused on coming out much more aggressive.”

“Tim (Duncan) was great in the first game. We wanted to take the ball out of his hands and take the three-pointer away. They’re a great three-point shooting team. We stayed home with the shooters and it worked well. We’ll see what happens.”

Josh Howard

On the game - “It was a great game. We just wanted to cut down on our mistakes, get back to Mavs basketball, and that’s running. It was a great finish for us. Me, I was the same old Josh. Whatever I can do to help my team win, if that means score 20 points, if that means get rebounds, then that is what I’ll do.”

“Me and Devin know our strengths and weaknesses. We like going to the basket. If they are going to keep putting their bigs on us then we are going to keep driving the lane.”

Jason Terry

On the game - “This game was more our style, up and down. Now in Game 3 we have to continue to be aggressive and look for more offense. Tonight we made a great adjustment and it paid off big for us. Now we just have to stay aggressive in Game 3. We just have to play our system and get out and run.”

Devin Harris

On the game - “Most of Game 1 we played at their pace. Tonight we got more transition baskets and got the score up around where we like it, in the high 90’s and the 100’s. You really have to have strong offense against a team with defense like this one has.”
Old 05-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #52
allahu akbar
Banned

And that is supposed to show me what? The three people i've mentioned already done their complaining, so whats your point?

Now you find me one person from the Spurs. Go ahead.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #53
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

here are some comments from game 1 from the mavs

Mavericks Head Coach Avery Johnson

On the game - “Well this game was just a tale of two halves for us. We came out in the first half and played with a lot of energy and set the tempo to start. The second half, they came out and they were the aggressor… They deserve to win. It was a hard fought game and we are disappointed that we lost. We’ll get back to practice and be back for Tuesday.”

On the last possession of the game - “We were trying to get the ball to Dirk. But if Dirk gets the ball when he is 20 feet away from the basket, we are supposed to have another option. And we just did a poor job of getting the ball to the other option We were going for the two, and if we had nothing we knew we had a time out…It’s nobody’s fault. It’s my fault.

On Tim Duncan and his performance - “He was pretty aggressive. I thought we did a much better job in the second half that we were able to do in the first.”

On the performance of the Maverick centers - “Well I think our centers battled. They are a big part of what we do and our defensive philosophy. They have got a tough match-up with Tim Duncan. Duncan is a whole other entity in his own. He has three championships.”

On the Mavericks’ missed free throws - “I mean I think we are second in the NBA in free-throws, and 80 percent in the Playoffs. So, for us to miss 9 free throws in this type of game, it definitely hurt us.”

Jerry Stackhouse

On the game - “The last play was an ‘iso’ for Dirk but he got tangled up and the play kind of got broken. It was just a pl y that sort of broke down. I ended up with the ball in the corner and I had to collect it. When I did I wasn’t sure how much time was left. Once I looked up there was only about three seconds left, not enough to set up another play. So I just stepped back and tried to get a good look for a three from the corner.”

“We have to look at this thing as a series. Yes we had some advantages coming in where rest was concerned. But this is playoff basketball and they are a championship team. We have to play our A-game to neat this team and we didn’t play that tonight. But all tat aside it still came down to a few bounces going one way or another. They didn’t go our way late and that was that.”

On Tim Duncan - “Duncan is a superstar. We decided to play him one-on-one and he made some tough shots. If we could at least fouled him and make him go to the line and shoot free-throws, and we can’t let him hurt us with the and one. He’s not the greatest free-throw shooter so we should at least make him shoot though.”

Jason Terry

On the game - “This was not our best basketball tonight. In game two we’ll have to play a little better at both ends of the court. Offensively and defensively this was not our best game. Even still we had a chance to win it at the end. We had a shot at the end of regulation so we are still confident. This is going to be a tough series. Game one is over, so now we must look forward to game two.”

“We didn’t execute the way we should have. They are a veteran, championship team. They got stops when they needed to.”

Erick Dampier

On the game - “I thought both of the teams came out with a lot of energy and played really hard. Neither team budged and both were really physical. But give them credit. They came out ready to play and at the end we just couldn’t pull it out.”

On Tim Duncan - “Tim is Tim. He is a proven all-star and a world champion. He has been in this situation before. The foul trouble for our big men put them under a lot of pressure. Defending Tim should be more of a concern for the whole team, a collective effort.”

Dirk Nowitzki

On the game - “Both teams did a great job. Both have athleticism on the perimeter. Both have big guys who can step up. Ultimately we’re both playing defense first.”

On Bruce Bowen - “Obviously Bruce’s three-pointer was big. We did a great job staying with him all game. (On the shot) we didn’t get around and he got the shot up. We were still right there. We had a chance to win down the stretch.”

On the defense against him - “In the second half I had some good looks and missed some shots I usually make. I had a decent rhythm in the first half, but lost it in the second. I have to stay aggressive and finish my shots.”

On the last play - “I thought Stack (Jerry Stackhouse) was open, but (Manu) Ginobili recovered and tipped the ball. It wasn’t the best play, but we have to move on to Tuesday.”

On if the Mavericks were rusty from waiting - “No. We came out firing. We had the lead at the half. There wasn’t any rust. We played well enough to win the game but didn’t.”
Old 05-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #54
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
And that is supposed to show me what? The three people i've mentioned already done their complaining, so whats your point?

Now you find me one person from the Spurs. Go ahead.
WATCH GAME 2
Old 05-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #55
allahu akbar
Banned

Lol, dude why would i watch game 2. We're talking about making bitch complaints to the media.

Last edited by allahu akbar; 05-10-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #56
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Is it me or are the Mavs playing the best defense in the playoffs so far? Only allowing 85 ppg and 4th in defensive fg percentage and the point differential is 12.7 which is the highest in the playoffs.

Last edited by Stylistic; 05-10-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #57
allahu akbar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic
Is it me or are the Mavs playing the best defense in the playoffs so far? Only allowing 85 ppg and 4th in defensive fg percentage.

Yup, they've been great so far. Hats off to them.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #58
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Lets see what Johnson said, actually

"It's what you call 'bear hug defense,'" Mavs coach Avery Johnson said afterward. "That's the new NBA rule. That's what's going on, and I've got to try to formulate or simulate a drill to help him. If a bear comes up to you and hugs you, what's he going to do?"

This is a statement about how the game will be played and how to get Dirk to play through it. Does he say anything about the refs?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #59
allahu akbar
Banned

LOOOOOL. You are comedy, you know that. I'll just act as if you didn't post that.
Save you some embarrasment.

Look man, this argument is going nowhere. You are set in your ways, and nothing i can say can change your view of the spurs and their fans, or remove the mavs and their fans from the pedestal you've got them on.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #60
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Tim Duncan:
While Popovich said the officiating "had nothing to do with it," Duncan wasn't that politically correct.

"The whistle was going crazy left and right," he said of the second quarter.
By JAIME ARON AP Sports Writer
© 2006 The Associated Press

that sounds like complaining to me.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-10-2006 at 02:47 PM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #61
allahu akbar
Banned

Yes, the whistle was going crazy left and right that second quarter.

And?
Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #62
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Lol, dude why would i watch game 2. We're talking about making bitch complaints to the media.
Tim Duncan:
While Popovich said the officiating "had nothing to do with it," Duncan wasn't that politically correct.

"The whistle was going crazy left and right," he said of the second quarter.

Bitch complaint to the media.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-10-2006 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #63
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
and how did they learn the name of Steve Javie????

it sounded like "Refs you suck" to me as well.
You know you watch entirely too much of the NBA when you know most of the officials names and groan when you find out a certain one is officiating. My dad is shocked when we go to games and I know who is officiating and if it is a bad thing.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #64
allahu akbar
Banned

where is the complaint? He said the whistle going crazy left and right.

You're reaching man, seriously reaching.

Trust me, even though i'm a spurs fan, if something is shown to me i'm not one to find excuses for it.

All i'm gonna say on that quote is you're speculating. have no idea the question asked, or anything else.

But after seeing how you argue, i'm not surprised you'd take that quote and use it as proof.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:01 PM   #65
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I'll let you speak for yourself here on that last comment.

Quote:
LOOOOOL. You are comedy, you know that. I'll just act as if you didn't post that.
Save you some embarrasment..
Old 05-10-2006, 03:03 PM   #66
allahu akbar
Banned

Ok. Lets see if we can solve this little quote.

Go and find the full version of what Duncan said, and the question.

If that quote is used how you think, then that information should solve it.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #67
allahu akbar
Banned

Don't get me wrong, it could be used how you think.

But considering that's all you posted, then obviously i'm going to question how it was meant.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #68
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

How in the hell do you think it was meant. Of course they are not going to say something about the refs in the media straight out cause they know they will get suspended and fined a shit load of money. They leave it for the game to do all their complaining.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:11 PM   #69
allahu akbar
Banned

Dude, i don't need your opinion, obviously that's biased.

You are trying to prove something to me. You found that little quote, so you should be able to get the full version. Get it, it should prove everything.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #70
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw

translation: How could you call a foul. We are the Spurs.

Timmah's got the fake incredulous look down to a 'T'.

Acting classes?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #71
allahu akbar
Banned

YO mary, you do know that pic right there isn't about a foul call.

That was the time manu got called for the double, or travelling, whatever the call was.

And Duncan was saying i was closest to the ball. That was the argument, he's even pointing to himself. That right there is what i'm talking about.

Taking something and using it out of context. you guys seem to be good at that.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #72
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

here is the full article for you. This is an associated press writer, non biased, actually shows a little favoritism towards the Spurs in some comments.

Mavericks Cruise Past Spurs; Even Series

SAN ANTONIO — Sparked by speedy Devin Harris starting at point guard and showing more aggressiveness on both ends of the court, the Dallas Mavericks charged to a 21-point lead before halftime and cruised past the defending champion San Antonio Spurs 113-91 Tuesday night to even their second-round series at one game apiece.

"I think we came out real focused, trying to pick the tempo up a little bit," said Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse, who went from missing a potential winning shot in the opener to hitting two 3-pointers during the game-breaking stretch. "Last game, the pace was a little more to the Spurs' liking. Tonight, it was more to our liking."

Dallas broke things open with a 15-3 run in the second quarter. San Antonio let things get out of hand by not making a basket the last 6:59 of the period, missing its final nine shots.

"We knew they were going to play aggressive," Spurs guard Tony Parker said. "For whatever reason, we couldn't match it."

About the only good news for the Spurs is finally getting some rest. With Game 3 not until Saturday, San Antonio will be able to recover from three games in five days. Coach Gregg Popovich was expected to give his players the day off Wednesday.

Josh Howard epitomized Dallas' take-it-to-the-rim approach and led the team with 27 points. The Mavericks are now 20-0 when he scores 20 points.

Dirk Nowitzki scored 21, but took a lesser role in the offense. Harris scored 20, while Jason Terry, who started at shooting guard, had 11. Stackhouse scored 19.

"A lot of that," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said, "had to do with Devin being out there."

Tim Duncan scored 16 of his 28 points in the first half, but didn't dominate the way he did with his 20 first-half points in the opener. Half of these came from the line as Dallas sent two and sometimes three defenders at him.

Parker, who scored 15 points while playing with a thick pad wrapped around his bruised left thigh, had 15. Manu Ginobili was 1-for-5 in the brutal first half and wound up with 13 points.

While nobody expected any routs in this conference finals-caliber matchup, one would've seemed more likely in Game 1, when the Spurs came in worn out and Dallas was well rested. Instead, the Spurs won by two points and Johnson accused them of smothering his team with "bear-hug defense."

He clarified it Monday, saying he meant his players turned passive. He challenged them to come out as if they were playing on a playground and a loss meant they'd have to wait an hour for another try.

Then the NBA's coach of the year shook things up, injecting Harris to juice up the offense, sending defensive-oriented Adrian Griffin to the bench. It was his biggest gamble since moving DeSagana Diop into the starting lineup in place of Erick Dampier in January.

That move sparked a 13-game winning streak. This one led to Dallas' second win in its last seven games in San Antonio and only the fourth win in the last 11 meetings overall.

"We're not 20 points better than the Spurs," Johnson said. "They're the champions, they're still the champions. One win by a team in the Western Conference semifinals doesn't mean anything has been taken away from them."

Harris and Howard went right at Duncan and the heart of San Antonio's defense from the start. Seven of the Mavs' first nine baskets came at or around the rim and they finished the quarter with 26 points, double what they had in the final period of the opener.

Early in the second quarter, Dallas was on the right end of a series of questionable calls and non-calls by the officials. The Mavericks benefited more by how much it annoyed the Spurs and their fans.

San Antonio guard Nick Van Exel got two technical fouls in a short span, leading to his ejection with 7:30 left in the second quarter.
Dallas already was up by eight; the ensuing free throw started the spurt that sent the Mavericks into halftime leading 58-38.

The officials were booed loudly as they walked to the locker room _ and even more loudly when they came back out.

"The whistle was going crazy left and right," he said of the second quarter

San Antonio's 38-point half matched the lowest Dallas has ever allowed in a playoff game. It also happened against the Spurs in Game 3 of the 2003 conference finals, a game San Antonio rallied to win.

Not this time.

The Spurs got within 15 three times in the third quarter, then 14 on a 3-pointer by Brent Barry with 7:32 left. Popovich conceded with 4:12 left, pulling Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

Notes:@ The game was tense at first, with the first foul called 12 seconds in and both coaches getting technical fouls for arguing before the game was four minutes old. ... After only eight assists in the opener, Dallas had 12. ... Spurs C Nazr Mohammed, who's gone from starter to seldom-used reserve, played 12 minutes. He played a total of four the two previous games.

Even the author was able to figure out what Duncan was talking about, speaking of his political correctness.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #73
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

When did I say he was arguing a foul call? Ha...he pretty much does the same face at MULTIPLE times during the game...he's been doing it all year.

Don't get me wrong, Duncan's an awesome player..but the whining isn't the least bit becoming of one of the best players on the planet. I didn't like it when the Mavs did it, and I certainly don't think its respectable behavior for the defending champions.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-10-2006 at 03:23 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #74
allahu akbar
Banned

Dude, listen to me, you aren't understanding me for some reason.

Again you are taking the quote without the damn question.

What they seem to be talking about is the second quarter, in which he said calls were going left and right.

Listen, just say you can't find any concrete bitching, and leave it at that.

What's ironic to me is that taking something without knowing the context its used is dumb, considering what Dirk had to go through when he was getting bashed about what he said about Kobe.

You most likely were defending him, am i wrong? Now you are basically trying to paint a picture that is incomplete.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #75
allahu akbar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
When did I say he was arguing a foul call? Ha...he pretty much does the same face at MULTIPLE times during the game...he's been doing it all year.

Don't get me wrong, Duncan's an awesome player..but the whining isn't the least bit becoming of one of the best players on the planet. I didn't like it when the Mavs did it, and I certainly don't think its respectable behavior for the defending champions.

no doubt, he complains alot. ALOT. don't get me wrong. i don't like it either.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #76
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow, this is easily one of the worst articles in the playoffs so far.

Lol, when you've got guys like that writing for your team, no wonder some of ya'll post like you do. Bad influence man.
Fisher isn't a real writer. He's just a guy that has a website that likes to act like a writer.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #77
allahu akbar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
sure, adullaha al muhommaed allah
The Mavs complain alot more than the Spurs.

You are right. good job. I am sure that everyone here agrees with this assumption that the
Mavs COMPLAIN more than the spurs. ha.

Lol. Dude, so far, we are talking about this series alone.

That is my argument. In general you might not. I don't know. I don't follow the mavs too closely.

But so far, i'm talkin about that the spurs have been complaining in games, and not out of it. While you've been doing it in and out of the games.

If you can't agree with me on that, then you've got homer glasses on.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #78
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I agree that Avery and Jet made 1!!!! see it 1!!!! comment about a bear hug defense in this series. I also agree that the Spurs complaing 1000% of the time in the game. And that Duncan also implied that the refs were calling a bad game with his little comment same as Avery was implying the same thing. But who really cares about that comment. I take into account the display of sportsmanship on the floor. You talk about being a good influence in the writer at the beggnining of this thread. Do you no think their actions on the court set a TERRIBLE influence for fans out there, especially young players? That is how this whole arguement started, about influence.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-10-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:43 PM   #79
allahu akbar
Banned

Listen man, the Spurs do not complain that much more than the Mavs.
Trust me, if you didn't only watch the Spurs players you'd notice that.

Yes, the players complain too much in my opinion, which is unbecoming of a championship team. It's something i've always wished they'd tone down on . I don't argue that they don't.

it's just that you guys seems to be under impression that that is all they do and that your players are some sort of angels. Trust me they aren't.

As for the influence on fans, are you being serious. Who watches how the team complaints to the refs and says to themselves, that's how i have to play and act?
Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 PM   #80
amuseddaysleeper

amuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the roughamuseddaysleeper is a jewel in the rough

sorry mavs fans but you have MARK CUBAN

the #1 whiner of ALL TIME

unbelievable to criticize the spurs who NOT ONCE complained about officials after the game

the worst they said in post game conference was "they were blowing whistles right and left" which went for BOTH TEAMS

AJ complained about "bear hug" defense after gm 1

Pop didn't say shit about the refs, he rightfulyl blamed the loss on the mavs stellar play and the spurs inability to show up at all for game 2
amuseddaysleeper is offline   Reply With Quote