Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #41
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

back to this thread and the things about Drew bledsoe, the problem with saying "if you protect bledsoe he will be fine" is that the biggest reason they cant protect drew bledsoe is Drew bledsoe. He just flat out doesnt make quick reads and he holds the ball to freakin long. IE the sack on the last drive. That was great protection and yet it ended up as a sack because drew is an idiot.

I dont know what romo has but at this point i think its kind of a could he really be any worse? situation.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2006, 10:14 AM   #42
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hate to trust such a good team to such an unproven player...but sadly, the proven player is proving he can't handle the heat...the most upsetting play of the game to me was when he had all day in the pocket and did nothing...but take a 12 yard sack...that play sickened me. At least throw the ball away...don't take a 12 yard loss with less than a minute and a half in the game

Mavs season is so close I can literally feel my football interest waining....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #43
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

When Quincy Carter was playing it was refreshing when he simply avoided the rush and made the throw. Simple. Except Quincy couldn't throw. Now all the Cowboys need is someone who can do both!

There isn't a team in the NFL who can hold blitzing linebackers out of the backfield for long. You must make quick decisions and make the first guy miss to be successful. Bledsoe can't do it. I have a feeling Romo can do it but who knows until Bledsoe is out of the picture? The Cowboys will never go to the superbowl with Bledsoe. Never. Playoff teams will blitz the hell out of him time and time again. Oh, but we can blame it on the offensive line then too.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #44
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This Cowboys team is a mess... They have a lot of young talent that is developing nicely & should make them a top contender over the next few years, but the coaching staff & QB position need to be upgraded wth youth (and interest), plus our WRs are starting to age... Jerry Jones wants to win NOW, but after that Philly game I can guarantee that the 'Boys won't sniff 3 games short of the SuperBowl - this team CAN'T WIN NOW...

I agree that Bledsoe will never take our team to the Big Game - we need to start planning for the future while we still have beasts like DeMarcus Ware willing to play for us... Otherwise, they'll move on to a contender when their contract is up (which may be a few years away, but will those be productive years?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Man there's some serious knee jerking going on around here.

It's not like the Cowboys are a bad team. And they've only played 4 games. They were never going 16-0 or 15-1. They lost two games. They were always going to lose at least 2 games....hell Im sure everyone was picking 10-6 or 11-5....

chill out. and stop this romo stuff?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #46
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
When Quincy Carter was playing it was refreshing when he simply avoided the rush and made the throw. Simple. Except Quincy couldn't throw. Now all the Cowboys need is someone who can do both!

There isn't a team in the NFL who can hold blitzing linebackers out of the backfield for long. You must make quick decisions and make the first guy miss to be successful. Bledsoe can't do it. I have a feeling Romo can do it but who knows until Bledsoe is out of the picture? The Cowboys will never go to the superbowl with Bledsoe. Never. Playoff teams will blitz the hell out of him time and time again. Oh, but we can blame it on the offensive line then too.
Exactly.

To further prove your point, note what happened during the Dallas corner blitz: the corner almost got to McNabb, but he evaded and got an extra 1.5 seconds. Thats all he needed for the 83-yard TD.

The difference in the game was that McNabb could routinely get an extra couple of seconds during a blitz, and Bledsoe could not.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #47
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

It's not like the Cowboys are a bad team. And they've only played 4 games. They were never going 16-0 or 15-1. They lost two games. They were always going to lose at least 2 games....hell Im sure everyone was picking 10-6 or 11-5....

chill out. and stop this romo stuff?

I don't care about bringing in Tony Romo - I just want Bledsoe out...

Are the Cowboys a good team? Yes...

Does Bledsoe have the ability to single-handedly destroy his "good team's" game? Yes...

Drew Bledsoe's consistancy is more of a liability to the Cowboys than T.O.'s ego... Want proof? Watch the rest of the season... 7 & 9 - no playoffs... [best case scenario: 9 & 7, lose in the wildcard game...]

Last edited by Underdog; 10-09-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:12 PM   #48
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Cowboys have now played 4 games. In 2 games that got pretty bad QB play. Not good brotha'.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #49
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I guess I'm an old-school guy. I tend to think that receivers should catch, runners should run, linemen should block, and quarterbacks should throw.

I'm not happy with the game today--not in the least. But the more I think about it, the less blame I want to put on Bledsoe. I just don't know if there was much there, all game long. Yeah, Drew could have got it out quicker. If he threw it away.

I think we did an absolutely horrendous job--ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS--of countering their blitz-happy defense, and Bledsoe was the fall guy. You have GOT to do a better job of scouting and game planning against your opponents. We were outcoached.

As the article hints at, Bledsoe is a gamer. He laid his body out for the touchdown run. He did the same for the ten-yard first-down run later in the game. By the way, anyone want to credit the concrete-footed QB for those plays? What about the sack that he turned into a three-yard gain?

I'm not sure you could have put Steve freakin' Young back there and seen a different result. I know for a fact that you wouldn't have seen a different result with Mcnabb back there. We got to his ass several times, with four-man rushes.

Now, you can say that the reason they were so blitz-happy was that Bledsoe was back there, and you would have a point. But Bledsoe is not without his skills. Terrible, terrible gameplan by the coaches today. Terrible job predicting what the other team would do.

Tony Romo might not have survived this game today. There were several plays when I remarked upon Bledsoe's ability just not to fumble the ball. And the touchdown play where he put his head down and wanted it more? The guy is a competitor, flat and simple. You can't ask for more than that.
Yea, you could put the entire game on the team's back. It was a blitz-line destruction, but Bledsoe had TO for a touchdown, under no pressur, he underthrows him and gives up a pick. On the final play, on second down, he made a bad throw. On SECOND down! What gives a quarterback quality? It's thier ability to capitalize on opportunities. He had them. He blew them. You can say what you want about this entire game, but Bledsoe had two critical screwups at the end of the game that cost them an overtime opportunity.

Last edited by jacktruth; 10-09-2006 at 03:36 PM.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #50
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:

It's not like the Cowboys are a bad team. And they've only played 4 games. They were never going 16-0 or 15-1. chill out. and stop this romo stuff?
Why not? Why couldn't they go 14-2, 15-1 or 16-0 for that matter? That is what dominant teams do. They don't lose games, not many anyway. Bledsoe just isn't talented enough. You better be able to run the ball or teams will kill you with the blitz in playoffs.

BTW, how is this knee jerking? Who cares if Romo makes silly mistakes and the Cowboys lose a few games. At least with Romo we don't have 14 years of history that tells us he won't get better.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #51
Underdog

Quote:
Why not? Why couldn't they go 14-2, 15-1 or 16-0 for that matter? That is what dominant teams do. They don't lose games, not many anyway. Bledsoe just isn't talented enough. You better be able to run the ball or teams will kill you with the blitz in playoffs.

BTW, how is this knee jerking? Who cares if Romo makes silly mistakes and the Cowboys lose a few games. At least with Romo we don't have 14 years of history that tells us he won't get better.

Thanks for clarifying my point!

Old 10-09-2006, 03:47 PM   #52
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I just think its funny that Roy Willliams blows coverage twice, the defense gives up lots of big plays, and no one is piling on them.

It's too easy to get on the quarterback. Phili was going to kill whatever quarterback was there that day.

If the defense had grown a pair and Roy Williams pulled his head out of his rear, your 'Boys would've had ample opportunity to win the game. Go back and look at the film. The defense blew it.

Talk about that. Leave Bledsoe alone. Get on the O-line for hanging him out to dry. Bledsoe gives the team the best chance to win this year, which is all Parcells and Jones are interested in. If you're not on board with that, and you want Romo, well then you better get Parcells out of here first....

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-09-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #53
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just think its funny that Roy Willliams blows coverage twice, the defense gives up lots of big plays, and no one is piling on them.

It's too easy to get on the quarterback. Phili was going to kill whatever quarterback was there that day.

If the defense had grown a pair and Roy Williams pulled his head out of his rear, your 'Boys would've had ample opportunity to win the game. Go back and look at the film. The defense blew it.

Talk about that. Leave Bledsoe alone. Get on the O-line for hanging him out to dry. Bledsoe gives the team the best chance to win this year, which is all Parcells and Jones are interested in. If you're not on board with that, and you want Romo, well then you better get Parcells out of here first....
So an offense that scores 17 points deserves to be free of blame? The defense essentially gave up 24 points. On a team with a supposedly good offense against a team that hasnt stopped anybody, that should have been enough. Its not that bledsoe made mistakes. Everyone does. Its that he made 2 of the worst throws ive ever seen when the game was on the line and didnt make any plays the entire game. If you are gonna make huge mistakes, you need to balance that with some big plays. Drew makes the huge mistakes but not the big plays.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #54
Underdog

Quote:

I'm all about getting rid of Parcells - I don't think football is in his heart anymore... I have no idea who we'd replace him with, but he seems more than ready to retire... [I put as much blame on the play-calling in this game as I do Bledsoe...]

Blame the defense all you want, but the Eagles scored 17 points because of where BLEDSOE gave them the ball - 10 of those points were due to turrnovers in the Dallas red zone... Count it up - 17 points less for the Eagles, Dallas wins...

Old 10-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #55
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:

Roy Williams is a young stud who made some mistakes. Big Deal. Now, if Roy was old and still making huge mistakes over and over then yes, bench him.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #56
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Jut to clarify, I'm not on board with Romo, either. There wasn't a "Bledsoe sucks" thread, so I came to this one. I havn't seen anything from Romo that indicates he is the answer for anything. I think a starting job would probably end his career--no more speculation.

For any team to really go anywhere, "doesn't completely suck" is not a high enough standard for a quarterback. Until they get one, Bledsoe is probably still the better option.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #57
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth
Jut to clarify, I'm not on board with Romo, either. There wasn't a "Bledsoe sucks" thread, so I came to this one. I havn't seen anything from Romo that indicates he is the answer for anything. I think a starting job would probably end his career--no more speculation.

For any team to really go anywhere, "doesn't completely suck" is not a high enough standard for a quarterback. Until they get one, Bledsoe is probably still the better option.

My grandma is a better option (and tougher too!)

Old 10-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #58
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktruth

Why? What did you see in the preseason that gave you the idea that Romo couldn't get this Cowboys team to at least 9-7, which is exactly where they are headed with Bledsoe. So, next year you are in the same exact boat. Make no mistake, the Cowboys believe Romo is the next QB of the Cowboys. Why wait to play him?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #59
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Just to clarify....we all agree that putting in Romo, is giving up on this season right? Because to suggest that the kid that has never thrown one single pass in an NFL game can do better than Bledsoe is a bit obtuse.

I mean, thats obvious, right?

Because if you're down with that, then sure, believe me, Id MUCH rather watch Romo and see what he can do.....it's just that, it's week 5. I dont think you should give up yet...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #60
jacktruth
Golden Member

Quote:
Why? What did you see in the preseason that gave you the idea that Romo couldn't get this Cowboys team to at least 9-7, which is exactly where they are headed with Bledsoe. So, next year you are in the same exact boat. Make no mistake, the Cowboys believe Romo is the next QB of the Cowboys. Why wait to play him?
I guess only time will tell, but I believe that the Cowboys definiately want Romo to think that, but I think Jerry is doing all he can to find next year's starting quarterback from another team's roster.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:03 PM   #61
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Isn't it a little early to take the season? I really beleive that even with Bledsoe playing teh way he did on Sunday, the Cowboys still have a chance at winning the Super Bowl. If we go with Romo, forget about it.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #62
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Bledsoe is looking more and more like Craig Morton.

Who will be Roger Staubach?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #63
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

T.O. won't be getting a new QB this week

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
October 9, 2006

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Like it or not, Terrell Owens will still be catching passes from Drew Bledsoe this week.

Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells stood by his quarterback Monday, instead blaming the offensive line for most of Bledsoe's mistakes in a 38-24 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

"I'm not switching the quarterback," Parcells said. "I don't think that's the answer right this minute. ... Let's try to get some of the things corrected (on the line) and we'll go from there."

Bledsoe threw three interceptions Sunday, the last on a pass to the end zone that could've tied the game in the final minute, but wound up going 102 yards the other way.

He also set up an early field goal for the Eagles with a fumble. That turnover came on the first of his seven sacks.

"He was under pretty good duress," Parcells said. "The majority of the easy sacks they had were mental mistakes."

Owens was none too pleased with the way things went in what he expected to be a breakout game against the team and town that dumped him last season.

After months of anticipation, Owens had to wait until the third quarter for his first catch. He finished with three receptions for 45 yards. More notable were his antics on the sideline, although his jawing at teammates and coaches supposedly involved shouts of encouragement.

"He was just trying to get us going," said right guard Marco Rivera, among those Owens was seen yelling at. "He basically said, `We're going to win this game.' ... I just feel that he really wanted to show the world what T.O. was all about and he didn't get that chance."

Parcells' explanation for Owens' lack of activity? Double coverage.

"They were taking him out of the game and so we didn't get him involved as much as we would have liked to," Parcells said. "They put two guys over there. It's hard to force the ball over there."

Parcells said Philadelphia had two defenders committed to Owens a "pretty good percentage" of the game, more than other teams Dallas (2-2) has faced.

He added that Owens is still adjusting to the offense, which is why his timing with Bledsoe may still be off.

"I think there's some things he is trying to still gain an understanding of here," Parcells said.

Bledsoe is in his second season with the Cowboys and sixth with Parcells. So the coach certainly knows all about how prone the quarterback is to sacks and interceptions.

But Parcells let Bledsoe off the hook this time because there was plenty of blame to go around. He said missed blocks led to three or four of the sacks and receivers being "completely covered" factored into two or three others.

The missed blocks angered Parcells the most because they came on blitzes Dallas had seen from Philadelphia before -- thus, players should've known what to expect. He never implicated anyone, but most problems seemed to come from the left side of the line, particularly tackle Flozell Adams.

Parcells also refused to consider crowd noise as a factor "because there's not much communication involved."

"This is recognition," he said. "You got to see this."

As for the interceptions, Parcells noted Bledsoe's arm was hit on the first one. The other two were operator error: an underthrown pass when Owens had the defense beaten for a likely touchdown, and a throw straight to Philadelphia's Lito Sheppard when the defense prevented tight end Jason Witten from getting to where Bledsoe expected.

"Hopefully in that situation, we throw it out of the end zone and have two more shots at it," Parcells said. "For some reason, we didn't."

There aren't enough of those reasons for Parcells to consider turning to unproven backup Tony Romo.

"Not right at this moment, no," Parcells said.

How long will he stick with Bledsoe?

"As long as I feel like going, OK?" he said.

Parcells wasn't at all defensive about rookie safety Pat Watkins, who was burned on a 60-yard pass to L.J. Smith, failed to tackle Hank Baskett on an 87-yard touchdown pass, and was caught out of position on a 40-yard flea-flicker touchdown for Reggie Brown.

Parcells said he expects rookies to make mistakes, but with Watkins "it was more than I expected."

Parcells didn't say whether Watkins will start Sunday against Houston. The position could get interesting as veteran Marcus Coleman is eligible to return this week from a suspension.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #64
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Romo might not do any better, but at least he'd be getting some experience. Bad move by Parcells imo.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #65
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Like I said in another thread, we are stuck with the circus and Bledsoe. Everyone needs to deal with it.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #66
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
Like I said in another thread, we are stuck with the circus and Bledsoe. Everyone needs to deal with it.

Yeah, it's that "deal with it" attitude that makes people kind of give up on a season... Anything less than a SuperBowl run is unaccetable in a sports town like Dallas - really, it should be unacceptable for any team (are you reading this Al Davis???)

I have a feeling that Philly will do the same thing to us as Washington did last year - keep us out of the playoffs, even though they're a lesser team talent-wise (but somehow they still manage to beat us?)

Last edited by Underdog; 10-09-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #67
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Blab, it's dumb to throw away a season and get nothing back. He should let Romo get experience.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #68
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I think saying that letting Bledsoe start is throwing the season away is going to far.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #69
fluid.forty.one

I cannot see this team getting out of the first round of the playoffs at best. Because of that, there's no reason not to let the "Romo era" start.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #70
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Bledsoe is gonna stay in. Nothing will be solved with the O line. Parcells will leave after this season and screw the team over.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #71
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It's the o' woe is me thread.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #72
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
It's the o' woe is me thread.
I disagree, its the sky is falling thread
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 PM   #73
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I disagree, its the sky is falling thread
I stand corrected. O' woe is me...
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #74
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I really don't see where all the expectations and to quote someone "this finely tuned machine" came from. We acquired a wide receiver in the off season and suddenly we go from getting beat by the St. Louis Rams at the end of last season to getting beat by the Jacksonville Jaguars to open the season. I have not seen anything different from last season to think anything other than another sub par season and not making the playoffs. Last night was complete joke by the way.

Last edited by Nemesis; 10-09-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #75
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Romo might not do any better, but at least he'd be getting some experience. Bad move by Parcells imo.
I'm fairly certain that he would in fact do worse....but still...those throws and brainless mistakes are unacceptable for such a seasoned vet QB.

Less than one month till the real season begins...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #76
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think you just have to credit their defense for this game. There were MANY plays where Bledsoe had time--and we all know what Bledsoe can do when he has time--but evidently no one was open. I don't know how they did it, with their beat-up secondary, but they did it.

And still and all, we had TWO possessions late in the game--ahead 21-17--where a touchdown puts them away. True, we didn't get the score. But when you spot a team ten points and then get into a position to put them away, 21 points to 7 later, you have done something right.

And let's not forget the drive that netted a Vandy game-tying kick. That was balls-on. And let's not forget the pass to Crayton on fourth down. And let's not forget the deep ball to Glenn that put us on the six.

It was not Bledsoe's best day, true. But that guy was knocked around like a rag doll, thanks to our god-awful protection. Sure, I'd like to dream of a Romo who runs around and avoids the sacks and throws touchdown passes. But if Romo is anything, he's a Brett Favre starter kit. And I saw what Favre did early in his career.

You can slam Bledsoe for his mistakes, and you would be justified. But also give the guy credit for taking a veritable ass-whipping back there and never fumbling the ball away. Give him credit for lowering his head and flat-out earning a touchdown on that run. Give him credit for the third- and fourth-down conversions.

It wasn't all good, but it wasn't all bad, either. As I said before, the gameplanning was terrible. We clearly wanted to attack them with five-wide sets, and it wasn't long before that plan was abandoned. We very rarely ran max-protect plays that would give Bledsoe time to do something deep. We didn't throw deep because we didn't try to throw deep. We decided to meet their attack with an equal attack of our own, and our team wasn't up to it. Our WHOLE team. All of 'em.

We will beat their sorry asses when we see them in Dallas. And you can book that. They can't stop the run. They can't run the ball themselves. If they don't get big plays on offense, they can't beat you. We will stop those plays next time. And we will give Drew much more protection. And the results will be good.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #77
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you just have to credit their defense for this game. There were MANY plays where Bledsoe had time--and we all know what Bledsoe can do when he has time--but evidently no one was open. I don't know how they did it, with their beat-up secondary, but they did it.

And still and all, we had TWO possessions late in the game--ahead 21-17--where a touchdown puts them away. True, we didn't get the score. But when you spot a team ten points and then get into a position to put them away, 21 points to 7 later, you have done something right.

And let's not forget the drive that netted a Vandy game-tying kick. That was balls-on. And let's not forget the pass to Crayton on fourth down. And let's not forget the deep ball to Glenn that put us on the six.

It was not Bledsoe's best day, true. But that guy was knocked around like a rag doll, thanks to our god-awful protection. Sure, I'd like to dream of a Romo who runs around and avoids the sacks and throws touchdown passes. But if Romo is anything, he's a Brett Favre starter kit. And I saw what Favre did early in his career.

You can slam Bledsoe for his mistakes, and you would be justified. But also give the guy credit for taking a veritable ass-whipping back there and never fumbling the ball away. Give him credit for lowering his head and flat-out earning a touchdown on that run. Give him credit for the third- and fourth-down conversions.

It wasn't all good, but it wasn't all bad, either. As I said before, the gameplanning was terrible. We clearly wanted to attack them with five-wide sets, and it wasn't long before that plan was abandoned. We very rarely ran max-protect plays that would give Bledsoe time to do something deep. We didn't throw deep because we didn't try to throw deep. We decided to meet their attack with an equal attack of our own, and our team wasn't up to it. Our WHOLE team. All of 'em.

We will beat their sorry asses when we see them in Dallas. And you can book that. They can't stop the run. They can't run the ball themselves. If they don't get big plays on offense, they can't beat you. We will stop those plays next time. And we will give Drew much more protection. And the results will be good.
Didn't Bledsoe fumble to setup Philly's first touchdown?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #78
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think that was officially ruled a fumble yes....was mcnabbs ruled a fumble?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-10-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #79
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

McNabbs's was ruled a pass, I believe. Not sure about Bledsoe's. But regardless, that's not the kind of fumble I was talking about.

NOBODY takes more of a beating and keeps on going than Drew Bledsoe.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #80
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
McNabbs's was ruled a pass, I believe. Not sure about Bledsoe's. But regardless, that's not the kind of fumble I was talking about.

NOBODY takes more of a beating and keeps on going than Drew Bledsoe.
He may keep on going, but is it worth it if he just continues to throw picks, and fumble the ball half the time he's pressured?
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote