Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #561
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
FLASH THOUGHTS-

I've read that steve jobs hates adobe flash, because it is buggy and crashes. I've read that he thinks there are much better alternatives than flash. I'm assuming he means HTML 5. I think battery draining is also in issue too. Another thing that i personally believe is why they said no to flash is this: how many websites on the internet have free games that are embedded on the site in flash? Like a million, right? Well, what are some of the hottest apps in the app store? Games. Yes, that's right. It is my opinion that if Jobs allowed flash on the iPhone, then people could play games on web pages, which would reduce people downloading and playing games from the app store. This, in turn would/could reduce revenue for apple and also for app developers. Which probably funks up their whole business model regarding the app store. Not to mention now they have that crappy iAd service or whatever. What do you guys think?
The biggest thing, to me, is that Flash is a standard that is controlled by another company.. thus, Adobe could make decisions, if they wanted, that would intentionally affect Apple strategically. Aspects of new Flash versions that Apple would be virtually forced to support could potentially have significant effects on the way the device operates, or the way they have to design Safari or the OS, or whatever.

Flash is so widespread that if you choose to support it on a device with such a tightly controlled design & architecture as the iPhone, you basically put yourself into a forced partnership with Adobe. Every decision they make can have impact on a part of your business that shows it needs to be tightly controlled to succeed (up to this point).

It's simple self-interest. If you had the choice of adopting an open standard or a closed standard, and can still make money hand over fist adopting the open standard, that's what you do. That means the only one controlling your cash register is you.

Last edited by Rhylan; 06-08-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #562
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
The biggest thing, to me, is that Flash is a standard that is controlled by another company.. thus, Adobe could make decisions, if they wanted, that would intentionally affect Apple strategically. Aspects of new Flash versions that Apple would be virtually forced to support could potentially have significant effects on the way the device operates, or the way they have to design Safari or the OS, or whatever.

Flash is so widespread that if you choose to support it on a device with such a tightly controlled design & architecture as the iPhone, you basically put yourself into a forced partnership with Adobe. Every decision they make can have impact on a part of your business that shows it needs to be tightly controlled to succeed (up to this point).

It's simple self-interest. If you had the choice of adopting an open standard or a closed standard, and can still make money hand over fist adopting the open standard, that's what you do. That means the only one controlling your cash register is you.
good point
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #563
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
I'm thinking of getting an upgrade on my phone for the iphone 4g, my contract is up in July . But, now i'm a bit confused. I dont know whether i should get this phone or switch over to Sprint and get the HTC Evo 4G.
eventually LTE > WiMax
Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #564
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting an upgrade on my phone for the iphone 4g, my contract is up in July . But, now i'm a bit confused. I dont know whether i should get this phone or switch over to Sprint and get the HTC Evo 4G.
I'm not going to lie, the HTC Evo looks very very sexy.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #565
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

and it looks like sprint is already trying to market against AT&T's removal of the unlimited data plan.

http://shop.sprint.com/en/shop/why_s...AMAT69:960x320

although, sprint's coverage has traditionally been pretty spotty.

Sprint:

http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp?

AT&T:

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/#?type=voice

Verizon:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/C...atorController

T-Mobile:

http://coverage.t-mobile.com/Default.aspx

the initial maps that come up are just for voice, but you can look at 3G as well. 4G is of course pretty sparse.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #566
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The removal of the unlimited data plan was troubling to me at first, until I did a little research. If they're going to sell 2GB for $25, that will actually work for me just fine and save me a few bucks if I can to switch it.

I average about 1.5GB a month, mostly less. My wife is averaging like 500mb a month, so it's not even worth worrying about for her.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #567
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it's actually not a big deal. I read somewhere that 2% of AT&T's users take up 50% of their bandwidth or something crazy like that.

but still, any time you remove an "unlimited" package, the competition will latch onto it.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #568
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Here's something along those lines:

"AT&T claims two-thirds of its smartphone customers use less than 200 megabytes a month and that 98% use less than 2 gigs offered under the biggest AT&T plan."

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-09-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #569
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

2/3 use less than 200mb?

That seems like a really small number to me. (the 200mb number)
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #570
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

At&t Breach Reveals 114,000 iPad Owners' Email Addresses
Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #571
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Here's something along those lines:

"AT&T claims two-thirds of its smartphone customers use less than 200 megabytes a month and that 98% use less than 2 gigs offered under the biggest AT&T plan."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
2/3 use less than 200mb?

i would fall into that category. Which is weird, i feel like i'm always on my iPhone. I think there has been 1 month in the last year where i was around 300 megs. usually i fall into the 150 to 200 range. Sometimes i don't break 100 megs a month. weird right?

What sucks is you get charged twice for data and then text, too bad those texts that i'm being charged for are data and are using the same freaking pipe. What BS.

the only thing i really do on my phone is text, email, twitter, fox sports, etc. Oh, and i like to pull up urban dictionary when i'm drunk. We always find crazy words to use or phrases. check out, "chief Joseph" on urban dictionary. LOL I also like to pull up safari and check out stats for a player or imdb.com or something.

Does anybody else use a different browser besides safari? Is that even possible without being jail broken ?

Last edited by MavsX; 06-09-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #572
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah Opera has a browser available on the app store. but i don't like it that much. Maybe cause i am so used to safari.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #573
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
yeah Opera has a browser available on the app store. but i don't like it that much. Maybe cause i am so used to safari.
hmm. does it seem faster?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #574
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2/3 use less than 200mb?

I find it very hard to believe. Seems like something as simple as streaming Pandora even a few hours a week would sap that in a hurry.

Less than 2GB I can buy. I'm still surprised that they didn't offer an out of the box plan that matched their previous "unlimited", which if you read the fine print it was really 5GB, I believe. That's the way it is with most providers anyway.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 06-09-2010 at 09:07 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #575
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
hmm. does it seem faster?
If you ever browse on Edge it's probably light years faster than any other browser on any phone. They send all the requests through a server that compresses and formats the page before sending it to the phone.

It's less noticeable on 3G. I used it for a bit on my Nexus, but it doesn't zoom as far as the built in browser on Android, and the browser in Froyo is really freaking fast itself, so I went back to it once I got my hands on Froyo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #576
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Some cool apps i discovered for froyo today:

No Root LED torch. Basically turns your flash LED light into a flashlight haha.

and then there's LauncherPro. Lets you customize your dock buttons a little bit and gives you the option of using your home screen in landscape mode, which i've been looking for.

Last edited by Windmill360; 06-09-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #577
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Hey, thanks for that recommendation. Launcher pro is pretty sweet.

I've already been using the LED Torch. Very handy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #578
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ahem, guys, this is an iphone thread.

yeah, i don't think opera seems any faster than safari. Actually, it seems slower. But my only experience with it is on wi-fi.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #579
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
If you ever browse on Edge it's probably light years faster than any other browser on any phone. They send all the requests through a server that compresses and formats the page before sending it to the phone.

It's less noticeable on 3G. I used it for a bit on my Nexus, but it doesn't zoom as far as the built in browser on Android, and the browser in Froyo is really freaking fast itself, so I went back to it once I got my hands on Froyo.
Quote:
ahem, guys, this is an iphone thread.

yeah, i don't think opera seems any faster than safari. Actually, it seems slower. But my only experience with it is on wi-fi.
oh okay. Yeah, F edge. I either browse on 3G or WiFi. If my iPhone ever says EDGE i'm going to toss it out the window. My old blackberry used to say EDGE, since it wasn't a 3G berry. what a bunch of crap.

i might give Opera a try. Thanks for the discussion!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #580
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

For a while I actually had my phone (HTC G1) on edge to conserve battery life while browsing with Opera. Was just as fast as the default browser on 3G. I've replaced the battery since but I still use opera simply because it uses less memory, and generally opens/closes faster.

I'm really intrigued by the miniscule "dot pitch" of the new iPhone....... wonder if it'll really make any difference.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #581
MavsX
Diamond Member

who here is planning on getting the new iPhone when it comes out in 2 weeks? Reply back.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #582
Clutch21

Clutch21 is on a distinguished road

I've got the iPhone 2g still and all I get is Edge. The operating system is pretty slow to where sometimes I type and it freezes up then six seconds later everything is typed all of the sudden. I may restore it to see if it changes anything.
Clutch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #583
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
I did just that today.

I've been on the iPhone for almost 2 years. I liked a LOT about it...but I didn't like not having profiles, multitasking, how it handled notifications, being able to customize things, having flash support, or having to use itunes whether I liked it or not. I ended up jailbreaking to get a lot of the things I wanted, but on a 3G it brings my phone to a crawl.

Since I'm up for a new phone so I can get the new iPhone, so I wanted to see what they would actually unveil before I decided. After the conference, I decided I would make the move to Sprint and get an Evo 4G. Today was the first day I had to go look and I was able to find one at walmart. Every other place in town had a waiting list (i guess people forgot walmart sells them).

So far I'm loving it. The size was the only thing I was worried about, but it's not all that bigger than my iPhone was. The android market is much better than I was expecting. The phone itself is ridiculously fast/responsive. Droid OS makes me feel like I'm a big kid again. I won't bog down the iPhone thread anymore, but if anyone has any questions on the Evo, shoot me a PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #584
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Looks like we need an Android thread too.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #585
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Looks like we need an Android thread too.
Would I be the only one posting?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #586
Windmill360
Diamond Member

nah jthig and I have the Nexus, maybe flaco with an android in due time.

I still might get the iphone, but i'm on t-mobile so there are a few things that stand in my way.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #587
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
I've been on the iPhone for almost 2 years. I liked a LOT about it...but I didn't like not having profiles, multitasking, how it handled notifications, being able to customize things, having flash support, or having to use itunes whether I liked it or not. I ended up jailbreaking to get a lot of the things I wanted, but on a 3G it brings my phone to a crawl.
Whenever someone asks me my feeling on Android vs iPhone (my wife has an iphone that I play with periodically) I consistently find myself discussing two things you just mentioned. One is itunes, which is a fairly common topic. I hate it, and the ease with which you can get stuff on and off my phone is just fantastic.

Just today my buddy told me about a very nice keyboard mod for Android. So I clicked a little button (Chrome to Phone) to send the URL to my phone, downloaded a zip, installed the package and boom, I had a brand spanking new keyboard on my phone. Took two minutes. Granted I'm far from a typical user, but whatever, the freedom is there and I could walk anyone through what I did easily.

But the other thing that you mentioned that drives me up the wall on the iphone that I rarely hear mentioned is the notification system. I'm honestly stunned that people put up with it. And I'm beyond stunned that people put up with it on the ipad, where you can do far more interactive actions. To have whatever you're doing be interrupted by a modal dialog box that you must either dismiss or access would drive me insane.

I suspect that part of the reason that it doesn't bother people is the lack of multitasking. You don't have that many things int he background that can pop up and bother you. But that's about to change. I'm very interested in to see how they cope with it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #588
Windmill360
Diamond Member

I love the notification bar on android.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #589
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

If I were in the market for a new phone, I would absolutely consider an android phone, and would probably end up getting one. I certainly don't have to have an iPhone. But right now, I have a company-provided blackberry. I do have an iPod touch, though. Thus my interest in iOS4.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #590
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I love my android and while I accept its about a half step behind the iphone on apps, and none of the androids yet have the same "sex" appeal of the iphone, I think that android is quickly catching up. I really love how they keep releasing new firmware for the android too-- always increasing the speed and versatility of the platform without the need for new hardware revisions. Its cool stuff.

The main deal breaker for me would be ATT. Between their terrible cell service and their new tiered data plans where you have to pay by the data use, ATT is charging a LOT of money for the worst cell phone experience and that just doesnt sit well with me. You can get a great android phone on almost all the ATT competitors and be happier in my opinion.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #591
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

This seems relevant to this thread.

Woot has some ridiculously creative people coming up with tshirt ideas for them.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #592
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I have a ton of woot shirts, love them. But that idea is hardly orginal. I've seen similar pictures all over the Internet. Even the newspaper comic "Foxtrot" had a strip recently with the same joke.

Edit: not trying to be rude or anything. Just pointing it out.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #593
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I keep buying woot shirts that my wife hates. It's becoming comical.

(How many splinter topics can I shove into this thread? )

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #594
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I love my android and while I accept its about a half step behind the iphone on apps, and none of the androids yet have the same "sex" appeal of the iphone, I think that android is quickly catching up. I really love how they keep releasing new firmware for the android too-- always increasing the speed and versatility of the platform without the need for new hardware revisions. Its cool stuff.

The main deal breaker for me would be ATT. Between their terrible cell service and their new tiered data plans where you have to pay by the data use, ATT is charging a LOT of money for the worst cell phone experience and that just doesnt sit well with me. You can get a great android phone on almost all the ATT competitors and be happier in my opinion.
This point of view fascinates me.

Do you live in DFW?

I have never ever ever had a bad experience with the ATT cell service or internet. Ever. And their new data plan is actually going to save me money.

I don't think I've ever even had a dropped call with my iPhone. Maybe I just live and work in good spots. I don't know.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #595
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I keep buying woot shirts that my wife hates. It's becoming comical.

(How many splinter topics can I shove into this thread? )
I'm totally a t-shirt guy when I'm not at work, so woot is right up my alley. Lots of witty stuff. I like getting their random shirts when they sell those. I've kept quite a few and given away some others. Also have bought probably 4 for my 2 year old daughter.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #596
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:

Do you live in DFW?

I have never ever ever had a bad experience with the ATT cell service or internet. Ever. And their new data plan is actually going to save me money.

I don't think I've ever even had a dropped call with my iPhone. Maybe I just live and work in good spots. I don't know.
Here in Washington DC, ATT has a terrible reputation. Everybody is all about Verizon. I on the other hand am extremely satisfied with my ATT service. I always have full bars, always in 3G coverage and am loving the iPhone. Nobody really understands CDMA2000 vs GSM, and LTE, etc. I think that if they did, we'd have more ATT customers. But anyway, people love to believe the hype. Maybe ATT was terrible a few years ago, but I've been happy with it. I actually am glad that people are switching to Verizon, it means more bandwidth for me. Even though i only average like barely 200 megs a month. I'm excited for HSPA+ and then LTE later on.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #597
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Quote:

Do you live in DFW?

My 3G experience is much worse in dallas than in longview. It's like I'm on edge still. I've always assumed it was a bandwidth issue.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #598
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
My 3G experience is much worse in Dallas than in longview. It's like I'm on edge still. I've always assumed it was a bandwidth issue.
do you work in a building? The building penetration of 3G is because AT&T only has 3G on the 1900mhz band and not 850mhz & 1900mhz like edge. The 850 band has much better penetration.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #599
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

^That's what she said?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #600
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Well today has been a massive FAIL on part to Apple and AT&T.

Oh, and no white iPhone4.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote