Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 09-29-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Kobe Plot Thickens?

Lakers Coach in Eagle Same Night as Kobe
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: September 28, 2003

Filed at 9:43 p.m. ET

CHICAGO (AP) -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson was in Eagle, Colo., on the same night that Kobe Bryant allegedly sexually assaulted a hotel employee there, a newspaper reported.

``Unbeknownst to me, he was just six miles down the road,'' Jackson said in a story being published in the Chicago Tribune on Monday. ``We weren't aware of the fact,'' said Jackson, who was on a motorcycle trip when he decided to stop and spend the night in Eagle.

Bryant is accused of raping a woman June 30 at the mountain resort where she worked. The Lakers star, who was in Eagle prior to having knee surgery, claims the two had consensual sex.

Bryant had not informed the Lakers of when he was having surgery, and Jackson did not know that his player was just up the road when he stopped for the night. Jackson had planned to travel 600 miles on his motorcycle that day but was driving into a headwind and decided to stop after 480 miles.

It is an incredible coincidence that he picked the town where his superstar player also was staying.

``We weren't aware of the fact. We knew he was looking for medical clinics to appraise his knee and the situation. But it caught us by surprise,'' Jackson said.

Bryant is due to report to training camp with the Lakers in Honolulu later this week. He is expected to speak to the media on Friday, making his first extended comments since he sat alongside his wife at a Staples Center news conference in July and said he had committed adultery.

Bryant is scheduled to appear for an Oct. 9 preliminary hearing at which Eagle County Judge Frederick Gannett will decide whether he will stand trial.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2003, 02:53 PM   #2
Shaq Attack2

Shaq Attack2 is on a distinguished road

Damn, Jackson could have stopped him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Shaq Attack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

you'd hope that some sense of morality would have stopped him
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:23 PM   #4
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
you'd hope that some sense of morality would have stopped him
No such luck.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:26 PM   #5
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Does Jackson being there effect the case at all? It can't just be a coincidence, can it?
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:29 PM   #6
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
Does Jackson being there effect the case at all? It can't just be a coincidence, can it?
What could it mean?
Old 09-29-2003, 04:37 PM   #7
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Quote:
What could it mean?
I don't know, but for the Mav's sake I hope Kobe is guilty.

Old 09-29-2003, 05:47 PM   #8
Shaq Attack2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What could it mean?
I don't know, but for the Mav's sake I hope Kobe is guilty.
Let's hope he's found guilty if he's guilty. Otherwise, I'd hope you wouldn't want Kobe to be guilty (if he was innocent) just because he's a Mavs rival. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 07:19 PM   #9
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

Guilty or innocent, I don't know. But, a victory over the Lakers with Kobe is surely sweeter than one without him.

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #10
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Purely coincidence... A coincidence but a very strange coincidence.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:04 AM   #11
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

[quote]
Quote:

Let's hope he's found guilty if he's guilty. Otherwise, I'd hope you wouldn't want Kobe to be guilty (if he was innocent) just because he's a Mavs rival. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Well yeah, I have a heart. But it would be nice to see the Mavs have a little easier time and the Lakers struggle.