Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of people would be talking differently about the vaccine if it was Luka.

Instead Burke was borderline roster material anyway. Then Frank arrived and it's sure looking like Burke is in trouble.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:22 AM   #2
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think a lot of people would be talking differently about the vaccine if it was Luka.

Instead Burke was borderline roster material anyway. Then Frank arrived and it's sure looking like Burke is in trouble.
Absolutely not. Just as one of my all time favorites is LeBron i would be saying the same thing about him if he wasn’t vaccinated. Same with Luka. This is a worldwide pandemic. Not some off hand opinion.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Absolutely not. Just as one of my all time favorites is LeBron i would be saying the same thing about him if he wasn’t vaccinated. Same with Luka. This is a worldwide pandemic. Not some off hand opinion.
I mean more like the discussion of cutting him to get to 100% vaccination, which admittedly was more on Reddit and Twitter than DM.com

With Burke it works itself out naturally. If it was Kyrie Irving or a star player, you are put in a quandary. If it's a player who is 16th-20th best on your roster and you have to cut down to 17, it makes that decision way easier.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:53 AM   #4
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Absolutely, but that’s life. If the Mavs think Burke is better than Frank, I think they will keep him despite his vaccination status. Burke has already had the virus anyway, so his immune system is likely as ready to fight the pathogen as mine who has had both Pfizer doses 7 months ago or whatever.

I don’t understand the long term effects worry, though. It doesn’t make any sense to me. The mRNA disappears quickly and the only memory your body has of the incident is how to kill the spike proteins, not how to make them. The risk is all short term and very minimal. I haven’t done much “research”, but I took bio, micro, and organic chemistry in school. I’ve listened to the Weinsteins and Kim Iverson, but they only say, “we don’t know” without any plausible explanation of the danger.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Absolutely, but that’s life. If the Mavs think Burke is better than Frank, I think they will keep him despite his vaccination status. Burke has already had the virus anyway, so his immune system is likely as ready to fight the pathogen as mine who has had both Pfizer doses 7 months ago or whatever.

I don’t understand the long term effects worry, though. It doesn’t make any sense to me. The mRNA disappears quickly and the only memory your body has of the incident is how to kill the spike proteins, not how to make them. The risk is all short term and very minimal. I haven’t done much “research”, but I took bio, micro, and organic chemistry in school. I’ve listened to the Weinsteins and Kim Iverson, but they only say, “we don’t know” without any plausible explanation of the danger.

But what about Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's balls?? /sarcasm
Old 09-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #6
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post

I would have 0 change of heart or thoughts on the matter if Luka wouldn't take the shot. Nobody is above the reality of the situation right now.

I actually don't think we sign Frank if we had much faith in Burke. Or maybe Frank is here to wake Burke the f up.

And I'm totally fine with people curious or wondering about the long term effects of a new vaccine. Unfortunately, that is our only recourse for getting rid of covid now which I thought was the goal. Now it's just another empty culture war being fought on social media.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:35 AM   #7
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I would have 0 change of heart or thoughts on the matter if Luka wouldn't take the shot. Nobody is above the reality of the situation right now.

I actually don't think we sign Frank if we had much faith in Burke. Or maybe Frank is here to wake Burke the f up.

And I'm totally fine with people curious or wondering about the long term effects of a new vaccine. Unfortunately, that is our only recourse for getting rid of covid now which I thought was the goal. Now it's just another empty culture war being fought on social media.
You may have zero change of heart, but Cuban wouldn’t. If Luka said fuck the shot, the Mavs would accept it. There are no laws that would prevent him from playing here.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Since my grandma fell at home, had to stay in the hospital, got infected there because it was hammered with people who didnt take it seriously, spent her last months alone in isolation and just my mom could say good bye...yeah i would say fuck Luka, bye Luka and trade his ass to OKC for a gazillion picks.

I dont care who, i have zero tolerance after 18 months and what happened to my grandma
Oh geez, I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to sound like I'm anti-vax. I threw down on Moderna to protect my 75-year-old mother and 72-year-old father.

I was just seeing a lot of people on Reddit/Twitter saying, "lol, cut the anti-vaxxer". It's just (luckily) way easier to deal with someone who is borderline roster eligible vs. a star. With a star, you either have to reboot your team and try to get picks or you just have to live with them being on the team. With Burke, you can just be like, "Franky Smokes is our 4th/5th
so we gotta cut ya"
Old 10-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #9
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Ah my favorite argument, because it's so stupid.

People know what their eating and lifestyle choices are, so when they get a heart attack they should just man up and refuse treatment. That person is reckless and doesn't wear a seatbelt and got injured in a car crash, so they should just man up and refuse treatment. That person smoked their whole life despite knowing the risks of lung cancer, so they should just man up and refuse treatment.

Do you see the slippery slope yet or need more examples of this foolish way of thought?
I wrote a long response to this, then deleted it. Decided to stick with basketball, rather than derail the thread.

I do wish I still lived in Dallas, so I could attend games almost free from the fear that the person next to me will give me Covid that I can spread to the unvaccinated, including my under 12 nieces and nephews.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #10
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I wrote a long response to this, then deleted it. Decided to stick with basketball, rather than derail the thread.

I do wish I still lived in Dallas, so I could attend games almost free from the fear that the person next to me will give me Covid that I can spread to the unvaccinated, including my under 12 nieces and nephews.
No worries, appears someone here is a censorship gawd and deleted anyway...I wasn't the one derailing anything and almost posted the same to get back to basketball. But it is a direct story line for this team at the moment.

My post was to that train of thought which is so morbidly fucked. Nothing to do with opinions of vaccinated or not, and I did not even mention the Mavs vaccine rules. It is completely up to them as a private enterprise to do as much, whether any of agree or not, support or don't, it's what is to be followed this year. In reality, it won't do much to the bottom line at this point, so it's all whatever.

I, too, just want to get back to talking Mavs and basketball.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack.kerr aucks