Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-19-2001, 11:28 PM   #1
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

This game was a shock to me. The Lakers dominated the Spurs. It was a 14 point blowout and not even that close. Shaq was controlled (28 point - 11 rebounds) but Kobe was overwhelming (45 points - 10 rebounds). Duncan had an average (for him) 28 points and 14 boards. LA outrebounded the Spurs 49-40 and shredded their defense at will. The Spurs better bounce back in game 2 or LA will get out the brooms.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2001, 03:18 AM   #2
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Bah I still think Spurs will win it in 7
Old 05-21-2001, 09:00 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are right scooter, I want the Spurs to win the NBA title. But the Spurs are 0-17 in any series where they have lost the first game.
Old 05-22-2001, 04:01 AM   #4
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Where did you get that from?
Old 05-22-2001, 07:33 AM   #5
MFFL
Guru

It's about halfway down in this article

Issues aplenty, they've got.

David Robinson thinks he should be playing more minutes. Avery Johnson suggests that his teammates don't hate the Lakers enough. And Derek Anderson made it sound as if the Spurs need more than a healthy Derek Anderson to counter Kobe, Shaquille O'Neal and a history book which reveals that San Antonio is 0-for-17 when it loses the first game in any series.

http://basketball.dallasnews.com/stein_index.html