Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #11
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m one of the most adamant around here that we desperately need another secondary ball handler/ creator and I don’t think Brunson is the answer. I think Brunson is a good player on a good contract and still has room to improve but not a guy who can consistently get his own. KP just hasn’t been that efficient in the post or off the bounce. He seemed more efficient in the mid range against the Clipper and maybe that’s a harbinger of better things. But he lacks the quicks and explosion that give, say, Anthony Davis his space for wide open mid range shots. He lacks the strength and obviously the vision of Jokic. Hardaway? Seth? They should be 4th, 5th, 6th options. Brunson too.

I think teams are always going to scheme to get the ball out of Lukas hands and luckily we have RC who is crafty enough to counter.. But we desperately need a guy quick off the bounce who can make a team pay and also simply to give Luka some rest from the heavy useage. I like Burke but I worry about having/paying/playing so many small guys without the defensive chops of Lowrey and Van Vleet. With MLE the priority should be big long wings who can guard 3-5. Maybe we get one or two guys like that in the draft? Maybe we don’t love the options in FA and give Burke a chunk of the MLE? I just wonder about committing resources and minutes to Burke if you have already have smallish guards in Brunson and Seth not to mention what happens if we can’t offload Delon? Where will the minutes come from? Maybe we look to move Brunson in the right deal?

I think Burke was/is for us a smaller version of what Utah traded for in Clarkson. They were another team that lacked creators, even pre Bogdan injury. If they think he can give reliably give the team Clarkson like production for half the cost maybe that’s a good value? I think Clarkson gets someone’s MLE or close to it.
Yeah, I buy all of this. I don't know, it could've been a flash in the pan hot streak, but I just have a good feeling about Burke. I just feel like you lock him in and then move some of those other small guys out. But your point is taken, for sure.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote