Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #121
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Bane is so solid. That one is gonna linger.
Why?

I like the kid but he’s having a mediocre game while his team is down 26. 4pts, 4reb two made twos and two missed threes

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-30-2020 at 08:39 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #122
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Well nobody really argues RC is pretty tough on young guys. At the same time how many of those guys who didn't play here much go on and actually make themselves into something significant? For example I remember a lot of us wanting Justin Anderson to get more mins here instead RC played Wes 35mins, he played Yogi a ton, and he played DFS over Justin Anderson. So he might be tough on young guys but typically the guys he plays are NBA players- the guys he didn't are buried as the 13-15th roster spot.

I don't really have an issue with being hard on young players. If they want to play then take advantage of your opportunities. This season with the tight schedules and covid young guys will get opportunities. Just take advantage of them when they come.

As for Roby specifically I watched that game and outside of the one play where he pump faked Vuc and made him look silly for a driving dunk he had a wide open 3 at the top of the key and every other shot he made was in the restricted area. He's one of those undersized 4's who to my eyes can't shoot yet. He even missed all 3 ft's when he was fouled on his 3. Maybe he develops maybe he doesn't but I didn't see anything worthy of wishing he was here personally. Hope he does well though in OKC.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 12-30-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:40 PM   #123
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

*young kids who aren’t Luka or Brunson
Old 12-30-2020, 10:01 PM   #124
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
No way Heat make the finals again. East finally has some talent
I don't think so either but they just beat up on the Bucks without Jimmy Butler. Their defense is going to allow them to compete each and every night.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #125
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Well nobody really argues RC is pretty tough on young guys. At the same time how many of those guys who didn't play here much go on and actually make themselves into something significant? For example I remember a lot of us wanting Justin Anderson to get more mins here instead RC played Wes 35mins, he played Yogi a ton, and he played DFS over Justin Anderson. So he might be tough on young guys but typically the guys he plays are NBA players- the guys he didn't are buried as the 13-15th roster spot.

I don't really have an issue with being hard on young players. If they want to play then take advantage of your opportunities. This season with the tight schedules and covid young guys will get opportunities. Just take advantage of them when they come.

As for Roby specifically I watched that game and outside of the one play where he pump faked Vuc and made him look silly for a driving dunk he had a wide open 3 at the top of the key and every other shot he made was in the restricted area. He's one of those undersized 4's who to my eyes can't shoot yet. He even missed all 3 ft's when he was fouled on his 3. Maybe he develops maybe he doesn't but I didn't see anything worthy of wishing he was here personally. Hope he does well though in OKC.
If you aren't being developed.....chances of you going to another team to succeed are slim at that point IMO.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:04 PM   #126
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
*young kids who aren’t Luka or Brunson
I wouldn't even put Brunson in that category. And we know Luka was going to get burn. Especially on a team that had Dennis Smith Jr as one of its best players.......
Old 12-30-2020, 10:32 PM   #127
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Why?

I like the kid but he’s having a mediocre game while his team is down 26. 4pts, 4reb two made twos and two missed threes
I eat my crow
Old 12-30-2020, 10:36 PM   #128
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
If you aren't being developed.....chances of you going to another team to succeed are slim at that point IMO.
If you are still only 22-24yrs old there is nothing stopping them from developing. And if a year or 2 on a bench learning from vets with sporadic playing time is too difficult then you probably don't have the mindset needed to be good enough on a contending team. And who isn't being developed? All young players we have let go weren't being developed? I'm confused by your statement.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:30 PM   #129
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
If you are still only 22-24yrs old there is nothing stopping them from developing. And if a year or 2 on a bench learning from vets with sporadic playing time is too difficult then you probably don't have the mindset needed to be good enough on a contending team. And who isn't being developed? All young players we have let go weren't being developed? I'm confused by your statement.
I don't think so personally. I think the only way you can truly develop is if you are getting meaningful in-game action and if you aren't....I'm not sure how you can do it personally. I'm not sure why it is. I'm not sure if there's some exact science to it but when a guy is getting DNP's early in his career and just garbage time.....the chances of that stopping just because he goes to another team is slim.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:13 PM   #130
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bey 17/7 starting in Pistons win against Celtics........

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #131
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Bey 17/7 starting in Pistons win against Celtics........
Yeah it was a good showing....its kind of crazy seeing all of these rookies getting meaningful playing time....but for some reason ours can't sniff off the bench.
Old 01-04-2021, 05:09 PM   #132
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah it was a good showing....its kind of crazy seeing all of these rookies getting meaningful playing time....but for some reason ours can't sniff off the bench.
Adding to it...

https://twitter.com/peteredmiston/st...07823861051393

Old 01-05-2021, 12:18 AM   #133
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah I really like him...and don’t look now but Maxey is looking good...he was a no brainer to me but I guess I’m biased since I saw him at Garland....tough college career but the potential was all ways there.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:51 AM   #134
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Man, I dunno why Tobias Harris always got crap. He is straight up ballin' this year.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #135
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Delon 3pts, 2reb, 3ast 39% and 25% on threes in last four games
Old 01-06-2021, 11:36 PM   #136
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Beginning to each crow about Bogdan. He just seems to keep regressing as a player.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:42 PM   #137
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Down goes Fultz. Torn ACL. Too bad because I think he was playing well this season.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:46 PM   #138
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Down goes Fultz. Torn ACL. Too bad because I think he was playing well this season.
Sad.

Seemed so promising as an offensive player like Doncic. Then he sucked balls.

Then he went to Orlando and was one of the best defensive guards in the league and was starting to figure out NBA offense.

Sad for him. Lots of guys coming back from that but missing a whole season when you’re barely starting to figure it out is tough. It’s tough for grizzled vets.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:51 PM   #139
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, the Fultz news is heartbreaking. After all that work...

Old 01-07-2021, 11:38 PM   #140
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Kyrie Irving’s reason for not playing tonight, according to @ScoopB: “I just didn’t want to play.”

I guess no one is paying big bucks to be in the seats, but that’s a crappy attitude

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-07-2021 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #141
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kyrie Irving’s reason for not playing tonight, according to @ScoopB: “I just didn’t want to play.”

I guess no one is paying big bucks to be in the seats, but that’s a crappy attitude
Wow. I guess signing a multi million dollar deal isn’t enough reason to play? I really dislike Kylie. I only caught the end of the game, and wondered why he wasn’t playing.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:01 PM   #142
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bey though...

Old 01-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #143
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Clippers are in trouble

Between our absolute demolition and the number of leads they’d given up, I think there is a problem with chemistry.

Warriors went on a 52-18 run to win last night
Old 01-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #144
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Clippers are in trouble

Between our absolute demolition and the number of leads they’d given up, I think there is a problem with chemistry.

Warriors went on a 52-18 run to win last night
Chemistry problems with guys like Pat Beverly and Marcus Morris on your team? No way.

Oh and Morris has been hot garbage this season, and he just signed a 64 mil contract.

Old 01-09-2021, 02:46 PM   #145
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Also the Clippers bench has a league worse bench

They are -266 in 10 games
Old 01-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #146
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

SOUTH GARLAND'S own Tyrese Maxey...39 points....7 rebounds....6 assists....2 steals.......
Old 01-09-2021, 06:42 PM   #147
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah, it's starting to get depressing if we don't start playing Green soon to see what he has.

These other rookies are showing some stuff, and we could have had them.

Old 01-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #148
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah, it's starting to get depressing if we don't start playing Green soon to see what he has.

These other rookies are showing some stuff, and we could have had them.
Yeah it is....Maxey hurts the most...I said it on here...that guy just struggled in college....but in high school you could see his potential. He could arguably be the best player in this draft...he just made so much sense at the time....and I do like Green but he was a reach I don't care what anyone says. He and Maxey are not of the same caliber.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 01-10-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:00 PM   #149
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Na, Maxey isnt the guy who hurts the most. That we tried hard to move up to snag Haliburton but couldnt pull it off...that hurts
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #150
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Sac may be looking to rebuild their rebuild.

No team is a bigger train wreck right now
Old 01-10-2021, 12:24 AM   #151
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

John Collins, “we [the Hawks] are not a joke!”

Then they go 0-4
Old 01-10-2021, 08:13 AM   #152
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Here to eat my crow about LaMelo Ball. Kid can hoop, I was wrong. He is basically a taller version of his brother with more confidence and offensive variety. He’s good.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #153
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Na, Maxey isnt the guy who hurts the most. That we tried hard to move up to snag Haliburton but couldnt pull it off...that hurts
Ehh....I wouldn't have traded up for Haliburton with Bronson and Luka on my roster.....
Old 01-10-2021, 11:47 AM   #154
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Here to eat my crow about LaMelo Ball. Kid can hoop, I was wrong. He is basically a taller version of his brother with more confidence and offensive variety. He’s good.
Yeah I thought he was a good prospect but to me his competition was just so bad.....and the tape I did see....he just wasn't disciplined....he was playing wreck ball. I was completely wrong on him. That guy has a star ceiling....you know its funny...his dad said a lot of things...but his dad thus far has been proven more right than wrong. He said Liamelo had the post potential of them and said all 3 of his boys would be in the NBA. I laughed when he said Liamelo would be a top pick in the draft...he's for real....I'm most impressed with his maturity not just off the court but on it.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:49 AM   #155
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ehh....I wouldn't have traded up for Haliburton with Bronson and Luka on my roster.....
Haliburton >>> Brunson
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:11 AM   #156
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

For those who have been asking...

I’ve been told that Kyrie is “off the grid.”

Not much to report.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:18 AM   #157
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
For those who have been asking...

I’ve been told that Kyrie is “off the grid.”

Not much to report.
They say it's because of the terrorist attack on Wednesday, but come on, this is Irving we're talking about. The guy is a total narcissistic nutcase who thinks only of himself.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #158
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Zach LaVine is really on a roll now last night against the
Clippers he had 45 points 7 reb 7 assists and was 10 of 16 on his 3-pt
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:28 PM   #159
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Haliburton >>> Brunson
I don't disagree....but I see no point int rating up for Haliburton unless they would've taken Brunson and our 1st for him.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #160
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Zach LaVine is really on a roll now last night against the
Clippers he had 45 points 7 reb 7 assists and was 10 of 16 on his 3-pt
He has star ceiling....thats' when when those rumors were brought up on this site.....id' take Oladipo or Levine. I'm not sure if they were ever really on the market though.