Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough
Default My NBA draft bargains

Mid first round (Any of these guys are excellent value in the teens):

- Hakim Warrick- Not a true position but will really help a team if he goes to the right team. Picture him running with Kidd on the break.

-jarrett jack- He may even make it to the 20's. If he does, then he is a super bargain. Nice sized point guard who finishes close to the rim and runs an offense well.

-Joey Graham- Big powerful body. Shot the three pointer well and shoots free throws well. Still on the upswing and is a late blooming player

-Shawn May- i don't think he falls past LA, so he doesn't really fit my profile above. Weight concerns for me though.

-Francisco Garcia- a little bit leery on some of the Louisville players but I always like long athletes who can do a lot of things. He could develop into a solid starter but he can contribute off the bench right away.

Late first round:

-Wayne Simeon- A perfect guy off the bench for a good team. excellent value to the mid to late first round.

-Martynas Andriuskevicius- Just a hunch here, but I like gambling on coordinated 7'3 young guys. Not an immediate prospect but a team who can wait, then MA could be a nice long term prospect.

Early second round:

-Nate Robinson- Really like the kid. Liked Earl Boykins in College but I think Robinson is a much better prospect

-salim Stoudamire- Check out the U of A guards who have made it to the pros lately. Stoudamire gets knocked because of poor attitude, lack of PG play, and height but in the second round he is worth the risk. Big game shooter and nice wiggle to get into the lane.

Mid second round-

-Travis Deiner- very mentally tough kid who is short on foot speed.

-Jason Maxiel- a little bit of a reach here because Cincy players scare me and Maxiel is a tweener who can't play the three IMO. Great athlete though and worth a shot in the second

-David Lee- Hustle player who could have a najara type career. Never a starter though

-Jawad Williams- Overlooked with all the talent at UNC. Also think he will be on an NBA roster next year.

Late second round-

Ezram Lorbek- a guy I am higher on then most, but haven't seen him play at all for two years. Very solid in his one year at MSU. Big physical body with excellent touch. Slow feet though. I would take a chance on him higher than this.

-Donnell Taylor- Plays a loosy goosey street game but worth a chance late in the draft.

-Lawerence Roberts- It is a shame such a productive high character person is being passed over. Mark it down he will be on an NBA roster next year.

I think I got everyone but may add someone if I left someone out.

Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: My NBA draft bargains

Quote:
Martynas Andriuskevicius
I still think they should draft this guy, and leave him playing for Sabonis for the next 2-3 years over in Russia (even if you had to pay Sabonis as a teacher).

This kid has height, and mad shooting skills like Dirk when younger. He will just be physically destroyed in the NBA right now though. He needs his body to mature, and he needs to learn to pass something severely. Sabonis could teach him a post game, and hopefully teach him in the weight room.

Him and Dirk together in about 3 years - with 2- 7's who can go both inside and outside would be awesome though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE:My NBA draft bargains

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
Martynas Andriuskevicius
I still think they should draft this guy, and leave him playing for Sabonis for the next 2-3 years over in Russia (even if you had to pay Sabonis as a teacher).

This kid has height, and mad shooting skills like Dirk when younger. He will just be physically destroyed in the NBA right now though. He needs his body to mature, and he needs to learn to pass something severely. Sabonis could teach him a post game, and hopefully teach him in the weight room.

Him and Dirk together in about 3 years - with 2- 7's who can go both inside and outside would be awesome though.
Have you seen any video of him? I'm not big on him. We already have Pavel who can shoot extremely well from outside.

DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen much of MA, but word is he's a long way away from being a contributor. Not really the kind I'd have much interest in while the Mavs' are still waiting to see where the ball lands on the two project bigs they picked up last summer.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a little video of him last year. I haven't been looking for much this year though.

He won't contribute this next year, and probably not for at least 2-3 years. IMO, He has twice the offensive game of PPod from what I have seen (although that isn't much). He is Shawn Bradley with more offensive range, and better hands, and not the injuries that have slowed down Big Shawn over the last few years. I think you can somewhat compare him to Jonathan Bender at 7'3" instead of 7'.

If he gains some muscle and physically develops, then he has the potential to become a Dirk-like player. If not, then he will just end up being a Bradley like player. Either way, he has potential at both ends of the court -- although I doubt he ever has a true post-up game because he is just not big/strong enough.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote