Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 06-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default Couple of Orlando Trades

Couple of Orlando trades to think about:

Dallas trades:
Keith Van Horn

Orlando trades:
Grant Hill

Dallas picks up a replacement 2 guard for Finley. Orlando does this to remove themselves of Hill's salary a year sooner.

Dallas trades:
Keith Van Horn
Tariq Abdul Wahad

Orlando trades:
Grant Hill
Tony Battie

Even more of a cost savings for Orlando. They buy out the partially guaranteed portion of Wahad's contract and save a year on Hill's.

Thoughts?

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Couple of Orlando Trades

I like both trades...but would prefer the second. Battie could be a solid backup for us.
Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 AM   #3
Lebanese_Fan

Lebanese_Fan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Couple of Orlando Trades

Why do we want Hill's big contract. We are probably gonna waive Fin. That is not logical.
Lebanese_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

If you trade KVH, who gives Dirk some off-time?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:31 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Malik Rose, of course.

I like the idea, AE. Move a luxury for an area of greater need.

But oh, wait. I'm a big KVB fan. So now I have mixed feelings.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #6
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Malik Rose, of course.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

KVH admittedly is a luxury, but Malik doesn't fit the definition of need. How do we need Malik? We could have Henderson to just resign him. IMO, Henderson/Malik/Najera are basically the same player with the same skillsets.

Malik has no offensive game, is too small to "truly" guard Centers and Big PF, and is 3" shorter than KVH. How does he help?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #7
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

I'd probably do both trades, but if we could get PJ Brown for TAW, I'd rather do the 1st trade and then get PJ.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 AM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'd want more than that from Orlando. And I'd definitely want to wait to see who's getting waived around the league and whether any UFA's end up sticking.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

Grant Hill is a SF. He has limited range on his shot, 25% career, 23% last year from 3. He is injury prone and he would be a backup here due to Josh and we really need Van Horn more because he can backup the PF and the SF, not just the SF like Grant.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I want no part of Grant Hill, who will almost certainly miss games every year. Especially at the cost of KVB who Cuban has said he will happy to pay this year. There was even mention at db.com of a reasonable extension at one point.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:53 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

No Grant Hill.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote