Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #121
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if they don't know it's Dirk, who has the money to pay an over market price, maybe they don't even talk to someone asking them about their house that they have no interest in selling.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #122
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Did Norm really just do TWO SEGMENTS on Chad Johnson?

And Cowboys next?

Good lord, he's like the Michael Irvin show sometimes. IT'S NOT FOOTBALL SEASON
Old 04-18-2008, 12:03 PM   #123
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

nip nip
Old 04-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #124
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Whenever the Hardline talk about hockey, I laugh a little on the inside...
Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #125
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm all for fans hopping on the bandwagon. By all means, everyone watch and enjoy, but I don't need these guys on the radio giving me their mediocre hockey points when it's clear they don't really know what's going on.

Especially Norm. His hockey points are generally terrible.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #126
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Norm should not be allowed to watch Ranger baseball and broadcast at the same time. He's getting really cranky.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #127
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember a bit I've enjoyed as much as fake Norm with fake Goose. Junior has that smug S.O.B. Gosslin nailed. Nothing happens in the NFL that he doesn't know about. In fact, he knew it ahead of time. Just ask him.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-24-2008 at 02:19 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #128
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I can't remember a bit I've enjoyed as much as fake Norm with fake Goose. Junior has that smug S.O.B. Gosslin nailed. Nothing happens in the NFL that he doesn't know about. In fact, he knew it ahead of time. Just ask him.
I agree.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #129
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I usually don't like the 8:40 bit, but this thing not just genius and unique, it's also funny as hell. They have his Norm interviews down perfectly.

They should be given some kind of award for coming up with that. I wonder if Gordon or Craig comes up with the "Norm explaining what Goose is really saying" stuff.
"Ravens" "Uh, the team you picked for the Superbowl is obscure enough to make people think you have some hidden knowlegde that no regular person could comprehend, yet the one word answer tells us that it's so obvious that I shouldn't have even asked that question and the smugness in your voice suggests that I am beneath you in every way and every second you spend talking to me is a complete waste of your time"
Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #130
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499
"Ravens" "Uh, the team you picked for the Superbowl is obscure enough to make people think you have some hidden knowlegde that no regular person could comprehend, yet the one word answer tells us that it's so obvious that I shouldn't have even asked that question and the smugness in your voice suggests that I am beneath you in every way and every second you spend talking to me is a complete waste of your time"
Pure genius! Most of their bits are pretty over the top. The beauty of this one is that it's so f'in accurate.

My guess is that's it's Gordo who comes up with all the Norm stuff. He seems to be that type that micro analyzes everything.

btw, did you find a transcript of the bit online or were you able to memorize that?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 AM   #131
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, this may fall into the "over the top category" but the Refined Fake Pac-man Jones character they had on a month ago was just plain greatness. I've listened to it about 20 times, and it never gets old.

I do like Fake Goose too though.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:03 AM   #132
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the replay of Norm-Goose this morning. That was pretty hilarious. I get very tired of the 8:40 bits, but that was genious.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM   #133
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Link
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #134
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

effing hilarious
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #135
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why the random Goose Gosslin hate? Is there a backstory?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #136
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Why the random Goose Gosslin hate? Is there a backstory?
I wouldn't call it hate. On the whole I like him and I usually listen when he's on the air.

That being said, he does have a smug "I know more than you" air when he's on with Norm and the bit captures that to a T.

The other thing is, you have to watch him (and Norm for that matter) because he'll restate his opinion on you. Case in point, back in 03'(?) the Cowboys needed a corner and the top two were Terrance Newman and Marcus Turfant. I distinctly remember Goose saying that they were rated equally as far as coverage ability but Newman's ability to return kicks gave him the edge.

Two years later Newman is going through a sophmore slump, Turfant is having a breakout year and Goose is on with Norm talking about how Trufant was rated as the better cover corner pre-draft and if the Cowboy's aren't going to let Newman return punts then they shouldn't have drafted him.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-25-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #137
Dim499
Platinum Member

Quote:
Anybody listening to Bob and Dan? Dirk just bought Gurbes' house about a month ago.

I couldn't hear all the details due to sombody bothering me about work but it sounded like the house wasn't even on the market. Dirk was in the area house hunting and liked it so he offered double the value.
It's weird how you can look up anybody's addres who lives close to Dallas. Feels dirty but kinda cool. I've spent an hour looking up pretty houses in preparation for game 3.
Here's a nice south view of Deion's palace in the middle of nowhere, Prosper. There is supposed to be a bowling alley in there.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #138
Dim499
Platinum Member

And I guess this is Dirk's new house?

or this one?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'd like to thank my funny wife, for having her bday wish read to me on 'Why today doesn't suck' and having the guys all call me a loser on the radio.

Damn you, wife.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #140
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

we know who wears the pants in the flaco house
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #141
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I'd like to thank my funny wife, for having her bday wish read to me on 'Why today doesn't suck' and having the guys all call me a loser on the radio.

Damn you, wife.
DANGIT,I missed it!

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #142
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Just know that I was very publicly embarrassed. It was funny, though, and all manner of surprising.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #143
dirno2000
Diamond Member

did she send a picture?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #144
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ticket programming on the weekend really frustrates me at times. I was really excited to listen to Ben and Skin break down Rick Carlisle for an hour or so while I worked around the house. Instead they broke in with a Cowboys press conference covering ROOKIE MINICAMP. By the time they came back it was 2:00 and time for the pre-recorded race week.

Very disappointing, especially considering that there are no more playoff post game shows so I will have to wait another week to get Skin's take on Carlisle unless someone has him on a regular show.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #145
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So..... did anyone else enjoy Evin Rude the motorboat loving employee of the Ticket this morning?

That was freaking hilarious.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #146
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

U2, yeah..he was great...

Jthig, I used to be a big fan of Ben and Skin and I still enjoy their b'ball talk. I also used to think that their show could actually make it during the week at some point. But, they have some big issues that they need to address.

1. Their bits and friends are not remotely funny..but they spend a big portion of their show shoving their friends and their bits down our throat.

2. They have horrible taste in music.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:13 AM   #147
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yeah, I thought they were the next regular show, but I don't think they're ever going to make it in that role. They're too niche, too fakeGordo-wacky.

But I do enjoy their Mavs talk, and I wish they had a more regular way of getting their Mavs talk on the air during the offseason.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 PM   #148
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"What, are you walking out?"
Old 05-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #149
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Great, now we're morphing the Ticket thread with the Random Statement thread.

If the Question Re: Cussing thread makes an appearance I'm out of here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #150
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Dang dude, I thought someone would respond with the other half of that classic Dan drop.

I'm sorry I ruined Ticket talk.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #151
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Ah c'mon, I was just messing around.

It was really all a setup to make fun of the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.

"WELL SHUTUP!"

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #152
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
If the Question Re: Cussing thread makes an appearance I'm gonna neg rep sike.
Rock me!

(edit: seriously...I'm already bored. There's no sports on tonight. Nothing...I hate the summer)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-18-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #153
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Well it's your own fault for not liking baseball.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #154
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/...Y&pageId=1.1.1
Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #155
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
wow. It's jarring seeing Greggo and hearing his voice again. It almost felt like he was dead.

Last edited by dirno2000; 05-20-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #156
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Doocy is such class.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #157
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just know that I was very publicly embarrassed. It was funny, though, and all manner of surprising.
no audio?

give us the recap:

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #158
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Is anybody listening to this "BaD Radio Reports right now" right now?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #159
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is anybody listening to this "BaD Radio Reports right now" right now?
I just heard it. It was ****ing hilarious.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #160
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The fact that the guy actually sat through Grubes exiting the Barley house and waited for him to get to a quiet place showed just how sad and pathetic satellite radio is.

Any Ticket show would've hung up on that in an instant.

Grubes was throwing down some dirty, dirty F-bombs.

Tags
emotifluff, fluff enhancing drugs, got a bit fluffy in here