Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future
Default Which basketball stat compares to this one?

10 players of the Oakland Athletics have at least 10 home runs this season. That is a franchise record. Honestly, I am shocked that it is not a MLB record. I should look into that further. It's an incredible feat that 10 guys can hit for 10 home runs considering that only 9 players hit in a lineup. That pretty much means that anyone who goes to the plate for that team is a home run threat.

I cannot imagine everyone on a team being a 3-point threat. Let's say we go with that. How many 3-pointers would a certain number of players have to hit to compare to the home run stat?
Old 08-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting question... I'm not sure if there's an NBA analogue for that HR record, since different positions in basketball have different functions, whereas batters are batters are batters.

Gonna have to think about that one for a bit.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote