Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-14-2021, 01:53 AM   #201
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Then you still take Levert and Allen and flip them again for expering contracts + picks/player on rookie contracts. Plenty of teams would be interested and give up assets, specially for Allen.

Trading for Oladipo and let him walk would be just stupid
Totally agree. It’s asinine. But they got under the luxury tax line with this trade. Not sure if they could’ve with matching salaries and keeping Prince. Probably could’ve found a way. What’s bizarre is the Pacers most certainly would’ve given them other assets for Levert along with Oladipo. Maybe they plan to try to re-sign him. I read that they can’t trade Oladipo until March 4.

I truly don’t understand flipping Levert and Allen for nickles on the dollar. They got a Milwaukee 1st in the late 20’s and expiring Oladipo? And they got off the Prince $. That has to be it. Fertita didn’t want to pay any tax.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #202
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Makes zero sense for the Rockets not to take Levert and Allen in this trade. Levert under contract, Allen RFA.

Oladipo can walk in a few months, there were allready Miami FA rumours...
Yeah unless I’m missing something it would’ve been much smarter to take Allen and Levert.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #203
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The money is the only thing that makes sense for the Rockets. In which case, man, sucks to be a Rockets fan. There is NOTHING worse in sports than a cheapskate owner. That's a virtual guarantee that your team will never be relevant.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #204
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

So apparently the Rockets owner didn't take the Ben Simmons deal because of a grudge with Morey.
ChampsAgainShoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:44 PM   #205
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The Nets have now acquired all three types of Brooklyn guy; a weirdly skinny guy, a guy with a huge beard, and a guy who’s obsessed with astrology and conspiracy theories.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:51 PM   #206
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Nurk broke his wrist

Blazers, man
Old 01-15-2021, 08:40 AM   #207
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampsAgainShoon View Post
So apparently the Rockets owner didn't take the Ben Simmons deal because of a grudge with Morey.
If Nellie had offered Steph Curry for Matt Carroll, would Cuban have taken it?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #208
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...138189312?s=21
Old 01-15-2021, 10:39 AM   #209
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status...68100601782281

I've watched this about 20 times and it's still funny.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #210
ChampsAgainShoon

ChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura aboutChampsAgainShoon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
If Nellie had offered Steph Curry for Matt Carroll, would Cuban have taken it?
What kind of question is that are you saying Ben Simmons is Matt Carroll? Most are criticizing Houston for not getting Simmons.

Last edited by ChampsAgainShoon; 01-15-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:54 PM   #211
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
What kind of question is that are you saying Ben Simmons is Matt Carroll? Most are criticizing Houston for not getting Simmons.
I think that's FreshJive's point, although he may correct me if I'm wrong. Cuban and Nellie hated each other's guts by the end (they probably still do,) but I seriously doubt Cuban would ever let that stop him from acquiring a star.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #212
ChampsAgainShoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I think that's FreshJive's point, although he may correct me if I'm wrong. Cuban and Nellie hated each other's guts by the end (they probably still do,) but I seriously doubt Cuban would ever let that stop him from acquiring a star.
Well I still don't get his point then because I'm not the one "reporting" they wouldn't do it because the owner didn't want to deal with Morey. CBSSports and possibly others are. So he would need to take it up with them I'm just the messenger.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...rs-per-report/
Old 01-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #213
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Well I still don't get his point then because I'm not the one "reporting" they wouldn't do it because the owner didn't want to deal with Morey. CBSSports and possibly others are. So he would need to take it up with them I'm just the messenger.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...rs-per-report/
Where did you get the idea that he was taking a shot at you?
Old 01-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #214
ChampsAgainShoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Where did you get the idea that he was taking a shot at you?
Because he asked a condesending question directed to me. Are you his interpreter?
Old 01-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #215
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Because he asked a condesending question directed to me. Are you his interpreter?
How is it condescending? Seems like a hypothetical that I thought was interesting. I don't sense a bit of condescension.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #216
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
I'm a poster on a public forum reading the thing that he said publicly. As EL said, it appeared to be a hypothetical. If there was any stink on it, it seemed to be directed at the Houston Rockets. Not at you.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:39 PM   #217
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Significant discussion on league's call with general managers today about expanding rosters by allowing a third two-way contract slot this season, sources tell ESPN. That'll have to be worked out with NBPA, but there's momentum toward it.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:31 AM   #218
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was just a joke/hypothetical, directed at anyone who reads it. Obviously, Nellie wouldn't offer that, and Cuban would accept it, but the point was that bridges can be burned and Cuban and Nellie probably weren't interested in negotiating in good faith on a trade at the time. I'm not surprised that Fertitta didn't want to deal with Morey, even if it benefited his team, and might have been the rational thing to do.

Also, Spiral has my permission to act as my interpreter.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:39 AM   #219
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/st...026472449?s=20
Old 01-16-2021, 12:55 PM   #220
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
lol, jeez. Poor guy.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #221
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:48 PM   #222
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna know how OKC turned Roby into an NBA player. That def makes the Mavs look bad, and you can only use the "they don't get minutes" excuse so many times.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:43 AM   #223
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I wanna know how OKC turned Roby into an NBA player. That def makes the Mavs look bad, and you can only use the "they don't get minutes" excuse so many times.
Because they have A guy, singular, in charge and he’s good at what he does. We have 3 guys who I’m imagining all have something closer to an equal voice, for better or worse. At least we have WCS still to show for it.

But like I said before, they could’ve just ditched Bro because essentially what they wanted was a roster spot and cut him for Burke later anyhow. Unless I’m missing something one of the options was cut Bro and keep Roby, which in retrospect was maybe not the better decision. I mean, they thought enough of Roby to sign him to a 4yr deal a few months earlier. Either his stock really plummeted in the interim or Cuban was keen on the cash considerations included

That Presti wanted Roby and his 4yr deal should’ve been a clue that they were choosing the wrong option. Oh well.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:45 AM   #224
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
They are playing him at center, because they don’t have anyone else. Are the Mavs in the market for a 6’8” center, or are they pretty well covered in that area?
Old 01-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #225
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
They are playing him at center, because they don’t have anyone else. Are the Mavs in the market for a 6’8” center, or are they pretty well covered in that area?
His rebounding percentage is also lower than even Powell.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #226
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

sunsetting?
once the athleticism is gone...
Blake Griffin has not recorded a single dunk all season.
He is currently averaging career lows in points (12.9ppg), rebounds (5.9 rpg) and FG% (38.8%).
AND has a player option for $39 million next season.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 01-20-2021 at 12:08 PM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:17 PM   #227
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I definitely think he could play at the 4 and the Mavs need to upgrade the 4 to play KP at center. That's why they are forced to overexpose WCS and Powell.

That's not really the point though. The point is that Roby is an NBA player and not a terrible one at that.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:26 PM   #228
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
sunsetting?
He is currently averaging career lows in points (12.9ppg), rebounds (5.9 rpg) and FG% (38.8%).
Mavs fans wanted him here. I seem to recall Dallas41 saying we should trade for him.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #229
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
sunsetting?
I haven’t watched him play at all this season, but damn. Not a single dunk? Crazy.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:56 PM   #230
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I definitely think he could play at the 4 and the Mavs need to upgrade the 4 to play KP at center. That's why they are forced to overexpose WCS and Powell.

That's not really the point though. The point is that Roby is an NBA player and not a terrible one at that.
Are you suggesting that Roby is an upgrade to Maxi? DFS? He’s played 13 nba games. Whose roster spot does he take?
Old 01-20-2021, 04:26 PM   #231
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Roby is an upgrade to Maxi? DFS? He’s played 13 nba games. Whose roster spot does he take?
I don’t think he’s suggesting that. He’s simply saying Roby looks like an NBA player. Maybe he was worth more as an asset than a giveaway.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:48 PM   #232
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I don’t think he’s suggesting that. He’s simply saying Roby looks like an NBA player. Maybe he was worth more as an asset than a giveaway.
I don't doubt he's an NBA player. Mavs are overrun with guys who can potentially play 5-15 minutes.

I just don't think he's a good or starting-caliber NBA player and that's what the Mavs are short on.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:09 PM   #233
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I don't doubt he's an NBA player. Mavs are overrun with guys who can potentially play 5-15 minutes.

I just don't think he's a good or starting-caliber NBA player and that's what the Mavs are short on.
Remains to be seen. He’s only in his second year. Chances are better he’ll never be anything great, but that’s true of most players. He looks like a rotation contributor right now. Its never bad to have low cost young talent around. Most flame out, while some turn into Finney-Smith or Royce O’Neal. He’s already seemingly showing more than DFS did in his second year thus far. He clearly has some talent, now it’s about reps and hard work. I’d rather have Roby than Iwundu.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-20-2021 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:26 PM   #234
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
He seemed to double down on it in the gdt.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:37 PM   #235
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
He seemed to double down on it in the gdt.
But you're still missing the point which actually isn't too shocking.

It's not a real shock why people don't post here anymore. Such a beating.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:32 PM   #236
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
But you're still missing the point which actually isn't too shocking.

It's not a real shock why people don't post here anymore. Such a beating.
Lol. I specifically asked you if that was what you were saying, because I wasn’t sure. You didn’t answer, so I guess I’m still missing it.

Last edited by FreshJive; 01-20-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #237
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Came up with this trade to jumpstart the rebuild in Minnesota:
https://tradenba.com/trades/CB7BPHLEV

MIN trades KAT, Jake Layman, and Naz Reid to ATL for De'Andre Hunter, Onyeka Okongwu, Kevin Huerter and Tony Snell (salary anchor), plus OKC 2022, ATL 2022, and ATL 2024. Maybe include the odd-year pick swaps and such too, and Minnesota also has some other lower-salaried guys like Josh Okogie you could add or swap in.

I think the D'Angelo Russell was the Wolves firing their last bullet in trying to build around KAT, and I think it's been a disaster. The Hawks get the best offensive center in basketball to pair with Trae and John Collins.

What do you guys think? Any better options/destinations for Towns?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:09 PM   #238
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Early prediction- Embiid wins MVP, Lebron #2.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:46 PM   #239
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

DSJ eating DNPs left and right...right now i doubt they are even offering him the QO
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #240
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
DSJ eating DNPs left and right...right now i doubt they are even offering him the QO
speaking of which - where's Frank? has he played this year? is he hurt?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote