Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Win Now -- Dal, NJ, Hou

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Dallas, New Jersey, and Houston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, New Jersey, and Houston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #5019404

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.
Dallas Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.0 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +3.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Yi Jianlian
7-0 PF from China
10.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.2 apg in 26.2 minutes
Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
15.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 33.8 minutes
Outgoing Players
Shawne Williams
6-9 PF from Memphis
2.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.3 minutes
Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.8 minutes
Jerry Stackhouse
6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
4.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.6 minutes
Josh Howard
6-5 SG / SF from Wake Forest
17.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.7 minutes

New Jersey Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -8.8 ppg, -4.7 rpg, and -3.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Jerry Stackhouse
4.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.0 apg in 15.6 minutes
Josh Howard
6-5 SG / SF from Wake Forest
17.9 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 32.7 minutes
Outgoing Players
Yi Jianlian
7-0 PF from China
10.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.2 apg in 26.2 minutes
Vince Carter
20.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 36.5 minutes

Houston Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +11.8 ppg, +5.7 rpg, and +0.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Shawne Williams
6-9 PF from Memphis
2.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.1 apg in 11.3 minutes
Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.8 minutes
Vince Carter
20.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 36.5 minutes
Outgoing Players
Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
15.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 5.0 apg in 33.8 minutes

Houston is rumored to be wanting VC, and rid of TMac. NJ doesn't want to take the chance on TMac. Here is a thought that might work for all three.

Why Dallas might do it?
Win now. Tmac and Yi added to Dirk/Kidd/Terry might be enough to get them back in the championship contender range. It would be a gamble with TMacs health, but if he is a Robin instead of a Batman, I think he would be awesome. Yi is included (and probably the reason it doesn't happen) to develop behind Dirk. Yes, it would be dependent on George saying yes.

Why Houston might do it?
Houston wants rid of TMac (supposedly), and they want VC. The other two contracts they take are expiring next year, and they seem like solid players.

Why NJ might do it?
Rid of VC's contract -- get solid player in JHo. Get the cap relief of Stackhouse.

Thoughts on the trade in this new economy NBA?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'd have to reject this deal if I were Dallas. Yi is still a project and TMac is washed up.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I'd have to reject this deal if I were Dallas. Yi is still a project and TMac is washed up.
I agree on Yi, but I think working behind Dirk would do his game WONDERS.

TMac -- I am not sure if a trade would pick him back up or not.
He is young enough, but something doesn't seem right with him there at this time; and I am not sure if it really is injury, or if it is something else.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Gotta say no to that one, Yi just doesn't do a lot for me, and where would Bass fit into the rotation?

And if people are opposed to Davis coming to Dallas I don't see how Tmac makes any more sense, he's injury prone and his numbers aren't stellar.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

T-mac has been playing Robin. He plays with Yao. T-mac's knees are done and why would we want to help Houston get the player they want who will amke them elite while not losing anyone they care about.

sorry man, dumb trade
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #6
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

let houston have vince carter, i'd take a beaten up tmac over him. hopefully they'll pull the trigger on the deal that would send artest, battier, and landry to NJ for carter and josh boone. tmac/vc/yao with no artest/battier/landry = fail

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

A month ago I would have said yes to TMac...

...it's just, he's being such a baby...I don't think I could pull the trigger on a deal like this with all the nonsense that's going on around him. Unless some underlying reason for the way he has been acting this season is unveiled, I would have to say no =/

I appreciate the thought though...great scenario, dalm.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

This is a horrible scenario. It would force houston to give up only T-mac who never plays, and add vince plus depth.

I would much rather have vince the a T-mac who can't get his knees right and has never made it past the second round of the playoffs. You think the Mavs have playoff woes, T-macs make us look like dominant post season forces
Old 02-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #9
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

T-mac is having microfracture surgery. If somehow he has to retire from this or even if he comes back and never can get out of the first round he'll go down as the biggest playoff choke artist in the history of the NBA.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 02-18-2009 at 08:41 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
T-mac is having microfracture surgery. If somehow he has to retire from this or even if he comes back and never can get out of the first round he'll go down as the biggest playoff choke artist in the history of the NBA.
Ouch, Microfracture certainly shuts down this scenerio.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
frozenking

frozenking is on a distinguished road

No I wouldn’t do it, I don’t even think tracy has another year left in him hes as brittle as a geezer.

That trade would either slightly improve the mavs or complete destroy us since our roster only has 2 reliable scorers with howard gone in terry and dirk and with mcgrady out half the season every year we wouldn’t make it into the playoffs.
frozenking is offline   Reply With Quote