Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
frozenking

frozenking is on a distinguished road
Default Best Acquisition?

What ever trade takes place Howard would most likely be dallas's center piece. SO my question is what player(s) would be the best fit in Dallas?

GO BIG GET SHAQ?
-Get rid of our only good young player for a one shot old timer? In a 7 game series we wont beat lakers or boston with or without shaq so don’t kid yourself. This trade would heal one wound and open up many others especially at SG and SF with howard gone.

-Shaq/Damp
-Dirk/Bass
-???????????
-Terry/??????
-Kidd?????????

GET A SUPER STAR LIKE CARON BUTLER OR JEFFERSON?
Butler and Jefferson is out of question. TOO costly in my mind and dallas wont be able to find the right pieces unless other teams get involved.

GO VINCE? GO FOR GLAMOR?
Looks like a deal dallas could make but I think Nets can fin MUCH better deals with teams like Chicago, Portland, Houston etc.

Its a win it now sort of trade.
But Does any1 else feel that trading both hairis and howard to the same team would come back to bite us (youth for old)?
Damp/Bass
Dirk
Carter
Terry/Wright
Kidd

GERMANY AND SPAIN UNITE?
My favorite trade, I just sense a lot of ginobili in Rudy Fernandez. He can create his own shot make threes and would come at a cheap price. If you do get rid of Howard i would go younger before older any day.

Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw, Joel Pryzbilla
for
Josh Howard and Brandon Bass

Rudy: 25 min, 10 pts, 3 rebs, 2.2 asts

Portland: Not only do the salaries match but Portland would get a consistent scorer in howard since they really only have roy and Aldridge. Bass would give there bigs a consistent backup since oden is rarely ever healthy.

Dallas: Solves the SG and SF problems, a solid Center like Joel who edges dampier in rebounding, shot blocking, and is a finisher at the rim. We also get younger and more athletic which kidd can work with. We will have more scoring options, youth and a athletic team. Once kidd is done playing ball terry can move back to the point and we have a solid team for years to come.

Joel/Dampier
Dirk/ Singleton
Outlaw/George
Rodriquez/Terry
Kidd/JJ

Last edited by frozenking; 02-18-2009 at 03:01 PM.
frozenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Portland has Roy (untouchable), Fernandez, Outlaw, and Webster for sure.
Who would they most likely move -- and what would they want?

I like the idea of Portland, but I don't think they trade with Dallas for what Dallas wants to give. I do think that they would make a great partner in a three way where Portland gets what they want, and they move a few pieces to Dallas, and Dallas gives up Stack's expiring and maybe Josh as well.

What does Portland really want though?

Remember, they also have Sergio Rodriguez who would be great playing behind Kidd for a few years.

<edit>

and on the Shaq statement -- it really doesn't cause that much of an issue because you now have three solid scoring threats in Shaq, Dirk, and Terry. SG and SF end up being defensive minded people with Shaq patrolling the paint. Even Bass gets to finish with the offense run through Shaq inside-out.

Wright, Green, George, etc can all play the SG/SF position when they don't have to create offense, just shoot set shots, and play descent D with Shaq controlling the paint. As long as Shaq still gets the Superstar treatment when it comes to fouls -- Dallas would be a contender again.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 02-18-2009 at 03:12 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If you were the Portland Trailblazeres, why would you want Josh Howard?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
If you were the Portland Trailblazeres, why would you want Josh Howard?
Who else is going to take the group of talented youngsters and teach them the ways of recreational drugs.

Nothing says success like a young locker room with a veteran dumb a$$.