Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice
Default Swift or Gooden anyone?

I'd love to have either of these guys. I hope the Mavs are in on either of the 2. It would be real shitty if SPurs got gooden! UGH!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...tromile_swift/

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...urs_favorites/
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Gooden is good, but with the emergence of Singleton we have 3 PF's that deserve playing time (one of those is Dirk). I'd rather have Joe Smith than either guy.

Last edited by joemoeschmoe; 03-02-2009 at 11:53 AM.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Please get Joe Smith so we can have a decent center come off the bench (or if Joe Smith is resurrected by Kidd, have Dampier come off the bench).

We would have a solid 10 man-rotation

Kidd/Barea
Wright/Terry
Josh/Singleton
Dirk/Bass
Dampier/Smith
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Well, apparently the Mavs are at least interested in doing something.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3944959
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
mavsmanic

mavsmanic is on a distinguished road

It would be great to sign Gooden. None of those guys is a center but, from that group he would be the best fit at the center position. I know we all love Singleton but, the guy is 6' 8" and better suited to play PF and SF.
mavsmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
erdubya

erdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really niceerdubya is just really nice

You need to give gooden 28 -35 minutes for him to be effective. With Bass and Singleton balling like they are, I just don't see Gooden fitting in here. Besides, I'd play Singleton over Gooden anyways.... there's a lot to be said about a talented, yet hungry player with a chip on his shoulder.

You don't get that making 7.1MM per year.

erdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind Gooden. Another big body might not hurt.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Damp has played less than 10 minutes in 3 of the last 4 games. Is he hurt, or is Carlisle just done with him? Either way, seems like adding a capable big man to the roster would be a good move.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Swift is all but signed with Phoenix.

I like Singleton and Bass but either has a legit low post game like Gooden does. The Mavs don't have that and would be a welcomed addition.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #10
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized we're talking about Stromile and not Robert Swift(LOL). Right?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I don't see the point. I'd sign those guys if I was expecting to go deep in the playoffs but this Mavs team? They might as well just let Singleton and Bass get the pt they'd give to the guys above. If they think they can make a run in the playoffs they probably should go after Gooden. I'd take him at the 5 over anyone on this team. He's a 4 but I think we could get away with him at the 5 for 10-15 minutes a night.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #12
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Robert Swift is playing for the Thunder.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Gooden is a nice talent to have and he would do well with Kidd but it's certainly not the ideal fit like it would be in SA.

Wouldn't mind bringing him on board.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

None of them will end up in Dallas. Why would they?

Boston, LA, Cleveland (my best guess) and SA are the only teams with a real shot at the title this year.

I don't think any of them are from Dallas, so why would they come here. Dallas has nothing to offer.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
None of them will end up in Dallas. Why would they?

Boston, LA, Cleveland (my best guess) and SA are the only teams with a real shot at the title this year.

I don't think any of them are from Dallas, so why would they come here. Dallas has nothing to offer.
A chance to play with Kidd is probably the only real incentive and if Gooden is trying to get a new contract that may be enough. Doubt it, though.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 03-03-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #16
GermanFan

GermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to allGermanFan is a name known to all

Gooden is set to sign with San Antonio after he clears waivers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=1711
GermanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #17
sphincs

sphincs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL View Post
I'd love to have either of these guys. I hope the Mavs are in on either of the 2. It would be real shitty if SPurs got gooden! UGH!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...tromile_swift/

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...urs_favorites/
according to me neighter Gooden nor Smift can improve Mavs'level of game. With Gooden can the Mavs become a real pretender? I don't think so...
sphincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #18
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, BIG names are comin' in 2010, fellas.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

we need stromile swift! he has the energy and athleticism that we so sorely lack.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 AM   #20
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Seriously, if we can't even get Drew Gooden how can anyone in the Mavs office actually believe that any of those names will ever come here.

I cannot believe they'd be that stupid. I know they keep saying it, but I don't think they believe it. It's just something they say because they think the fans expect it.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #21
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

the mavs have no spots open on the 15 man roster ,, who will get waived? carroll , george ,
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankvizza View Post
the mavs have no spots open on the 15 man roster ,, who will get waived? carroll , george ,

YES both please. Too late tho looks to be a spare I mean Spur.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #23
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Really??? You promise???? lol.

So the Spurs got Gooden, great. The rich just get richer. Gooden is a 10-10 guy so yeah i hate that the Spurs got him. I know there is no room for him on the Mavs, but still wish he could have gone to another team thats not the Spurs.