Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all
Default If this Josh is here to stay....

Ok, so this series has got me thinking. I was ready for us to ship Josh on his way all year, and not because I didn't think he still had "it", but because I didn't think he would ever find it here again and I would hope he could go somewhere were he would be happy.

Well, Listening to Josh talk now, and even better watching his play I think he has found his "happy place" if you will. I started thinking about when it began to go wrong for Josh and it seems like his grand-mother got sick, the Mavs traded away his best-friend and his coach was doing a good job of making this team feel like a bunch of sub-ordinates. So Josh began to mail it in, not feeling as if he was truly part of this franchise until Carlisle did something like bring in Armstrong to help Josh, and then when he was hurt he heard his teammates talking about how without his they will not accomplish anything. All the sudden he is working within the offense and not against it, and doing all the thing they need and not just what he feels like doing. I think Josh is back. I think he is here to sta for a while so with that said, and after the way this team is palying in this series, what do we need to address in the off-season.

We know have our 3rd scorer back and a slasher who draws fouls at that. Damp is playing big, but I think a trade ship like his is too big to not use. I think a back-up PG becomes a huge concern as well as a elite 3 point shooter. One trade the seems to be working a sign and trade with the Bucks for Sessions and Reed. Reed will be a question mark coming off his energy but what we will ask of him is to hit open threes. Sessions could be a PG of the future and we work on signing a defensive stopper with our MLE.

What other ideas do y'all have about the way to modify the team after what we have seen over the last month or so of play?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

a sg, pg (if kidd leaves), and center. 2 OF the three must happen in the off season
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I say trade Josh now if his value is high.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
Ok, so this series has got me thinking. I was ready for us to ship Josh on his way all year, and not because I didn't think he still had "it", but because I didn't think he would ever find it here again and I would hope he could go somewhere were he would be happy.

Well, Listening to Josh talk now, and even better watching his play I think he has found his "happy place" if you will. I started thinking about when it began to go wrong for Josh and it seems like his grand-mother got sick, the Mavs traded away his best-friend and his coach was doing a good job of making this team feel like a bunch of sub-ordinates. So Josh began to mail it in, not feeling as if he was truly part of this franchise until Carlisle did something like bring in Armstrong to help Josh, and then when he was hurt he heard his teammates talking about how without his they will not accomplish anything. All the sudden he is working within the offense and not against it, and doing all the thing they need and not just what he feels like doing. I think Josh is back. I think he is here to sta for a while so with that said, and after the way this team is palying in this series, what do we need to address in the off-season.

We know have our 3rd scorer back and a slasher who draws fouls at that. Damp is playing big, but I think a trade ship like his is too big to not use. I think a back-up PG becomes a huge concern as well as a elite 3 point shooter. One trade the seems to be working a sign and trade with the Bucks for Sessions and Reed. Reed will be a question mark coming off his energy but what we will ask of him is to hit open threes. Sessions could be a PG of the future and we work on signing a defensive stopper with our MLE.

What other ideas do y'all have about the way to modify the team after what we have seen over the last month or so of play?
Yeah we could totally use Michael Reed's perimeter shooting

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh will have ankly surgery and probably will have forever chronic problems there. So still a question about his value.

Redd will come back from a even bigger operation and has a horrible contract. You dont need to have a Josh to get Redd. Expirings, a average talent (like Bass) and a pick and its done for the Bucks. The same with Jefferson.

We wont trade Josh. He will stay and we will get a nice addition with our expirings, the 2009 pick and maybe Bass.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I agree, and we might even be able to find our SG using our MLE or Bi-Annual. Reeds contract might be to big to take on but I am intrigued by Sessions.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #7
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I love Micheal Reed's movies. Such a classy actor.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #8
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

isn't it Redd?
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I say trade Josh now if his value is high.
I agree wholeheartedly.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
MX425

Yes, it is Redd. I don't know where my mind was. Trade Josh because you don't think this will last, or becuase you think we could net a better talent?