Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all
Exclamation 4 Team Dal/GS/Clips/Wiz - Blockbuster

Dallas Receives:
S. Jackson (GS)
C. Butler (Wash)
Camby (Clips)
Kaman (Clips)
D. Songaila (Wash)

Dallas Trades:
J. Kidd
E. Dampier
J. Howard
B. Bass
G. Green

Golden State Receives:
Baron Davis (Clips)
Gerald Green (Dal)

Golden State Trades:
S. Jackson
Ronny Turiaf

Clippers Receive:
J. Kidd
E. Dampier
R. Turiaf

Clippers Trade:
Kaman
Camby
Baron Davis

Washington Receives:
Brendan Bass
Josh Howard

Washington Trade:
Caron Butler

This trade works financially.

Dallas lineup:
Terry/JJ
Jackson/Wright/Stackhouse
Butler/George/Singelton
Dirk/Songaila/Singelton
Camby/Kaman**(not sure who starts, good problem)

This trade makes the Mavs a contender and fills the other teams needs mostly financially.

How this trade works:
Clippers want cap space with expiring contract. They want Kidd's 20 million really bad. Mavs make them take Dampier to give them a center and he is near the end of his contract. Baron Davis has been terrible for them, so they want to get rid of him.

GS perhaps wants Baron back. They also get a youngster in Green with a 1 yr deal. This is the team that the trade might not work for.

Washington gets a promising Bass along with Josh Howard for Caron Butler. I'd say its fair.

Also, picks and money can be thrown around to make things work. As well as Stack's contract.

Now another question is if the Mavs would be up for shaking up the team this much. I think its necessary and unavoidable in the near future.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not even going to start on how unlikely this is...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

hahaa awesome.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I'm not even going to start on how unlikely this is...
id love to hear it
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk2003 View Post
id love to hear it
Okay...well to start...which edition of NBA Live are you playing and which cheat codes are you using?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
dirk2003

Clips/GS/Washington are terrible. The economy is in the shitter. These teams want to get rid of as much salary as they can.

Thats where we come in...
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
mvpben23

mvpben23 is on a distinguished road

after that how about we trade songalia for watson? then we get a legit pg in watson.
mvpben23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
dirk2003

LOL. I still like Terry at point. And we all know you do not need a legit PG to win the championship..
Old 02-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

laughin my ass off....
this loses the whole teams chemistry....
you would have to wait another year for some magic to happen
Old 02-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
dirk2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVs 41 BaLler View Post
laughin my ass off....
this loses the whole teams chemistry....
you would have to wait another year for some magic to happen
Some of you need to wake up. We are waiting till next year regardless. Team chemistry is about as overrated as experience.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Team chemistry is about as overrated as experience.
are you serious? this coming from someone who wants Terry back at PG. I knew i shouldn't have opened this thread...
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You might as well mention the uselessness of "talent" too - it's the last part of the Bad NBA Team trifecta...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So if experience isn't overrated does that mean team chemistry isn't either?

But seriously WTF? Celtics don't win last year without their chemistry. Spurs don't win all theirs... and neither do the Pistons. They were all good teams that became great because they bought into the system and gelled well together.

Last edited by nikeball; 02-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

... not worth it

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:43 AM   #15
dirk2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
So if experience isn't overrated does that mean team chemistry isn't either?

But seriously WTF? Celtics don't win last year without their chemistry. Spurs don't win all theirs... and neither do the Pistons. They were all good teams that became great because they bought into the system and gelled well together.
Mavs with their outstanding team chemistry and experience got bounced out of the playoffs by a young and inexperienced hornets team
Old 02-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #16
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mavs with their outstanding team chemistry and experience got bounced out of the playoffs by a young and inexperienced hornets team
Pretty sure the Mavs were still adjusting to that small midseason trade made before the trade deadline last season. Oh you never heard about it? It was Devin Harris for Jason Kidd.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some of you need to wake up. We are waiting till next year regardless. Team chemistry is about as overrated as experience.
Team chemistry is everything.

Thread can be closed. This foursome is just too awesome.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #18
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And the Celtics with their outstanding team chemistry and experience won the Championship - what's your point?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Okay...well to start...which edition of NBA Live are you playing and which cheat codes are you using?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 PM   #20
dirk2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
And the Celtics with their outstanding team chemistry and experience won the Championship - what's your point?
They also have this thing called talent.. ever heard of it?

Here is something new for ya.. the Mavs dont have it.

So are you people saying that you would NOT do this trade or that the trade is unrealistic?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
Underdog

Quote:
So are you people saying that you would NOT do this trade or that the trade is unrealistic?
I would do this trade in a heartbeat - which video game is it happening in?

Last edited by Underdog; 02-18-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #22
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

It wouldn't even happen in a video game.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #23
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Pretty sure Golden State doesn't feel like giving up Stephen Jackson and Ronny Turiaf just so that they can pay Baron Davis what they weren't willing to pay him 6 months ago.

Nor do I think Washington wants to give up Caron Butler for a player who's not as good yet makes just as much.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote