Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough
Default Mikki Moore anybody??

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...t_mikki_moore/

What do you think of that?
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
mvpben23

mvpben23 is on a distinguished road

hell ya!
mvpben23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default slight upgrade, but color me unimpressed

Mikki Moore
mpg - 16.2
ppg - 3.5
rpg - 3.3
apg - 0.6
spg - 0.3
bpg - 0.3
fg - 52%
ft - 81%

+5.96 eff

Ryan Hollins
mpg - 9.7
ppg - 3.3
rpg - 1.8
apg - 0.1
spg - 0.1
bpg - 0.8
fg - 56%
ft - 67%

+4.00 eff

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Yeah but if the defending champions want him, why wouldn't he want them?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

YES , he had the best numbers of his career when he played with Kidd in NJ, coming to dallas would get him another decent contract next season
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Yes to Mikki Moore
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

He's an energy,effort guy.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Yeah but if the defending champions want him, why wouldn't he want them?
For Boston, someone like Joe Smith seems to be more of a fit, IMO.

Either way, we need to look at both of them.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #9
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Mikki Moore is a move you make when you are on the verge of a championship run, to add depth to your team.

The Mavs need an infusion of talent. And Mikki aint that talented. He isn't any better than Hollins or even a guy like Faz. (Look at Faz's number's last year with the Clips and compare it to Mikki's numbers.)
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Mikki Moore is a move you make when you are on the verge of a championship run, to add depth to your team.

The Mavs need an infusion of talent. And Mikki aint that talented. He isn't any better than Hollins or even a guy like Faz. (Look at Faz's number's last year with the Clips and compare it to Mikki's numbers.)
You could also look at his 06-07 #s with Kidd.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #11
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, give me anybody that has experience playing with Kidd.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Two things the Mavs need to watch the waiver wire for, a veteran pg with some size (unlikely), and a veteran 4/5 (with an emphasis on the 5). Mikki probably fits the bill as well as anyone who's likely to get cut loose, and I was in favor of trading for him before the deadline to shore up the frontcourt depth, so I absolutely think he'd be worth pursuing. If Boston makes him a priority he probably goes there, but as BG said, I'd expect Smith to be higher on their wish list, so the hope would be that they pass on him and then the Kidd connection and the fact that he'd obviously be a fit on the Dallas roster prove to be enough to beat out other suitors.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #13
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Two things the Mavs need to watch the waiver wire for, a veteran pg with some size (unlikely), and a veteran 4/5 (with an emphasis on the 5). Mikki probably fits the bill as well as anyone who's likely to get cut loose, and I was in favor of trading for him before the deadline to shore up the frontcourt depth, so I absolutely think he'd be worth pursuing. If Boston makes him a priority he probably goes there, but as BG said, I'd expect Smith to be higher on their wish list, so the hope would be that they pass on him and then the Kidd connection and the fact that he'd obviously be a fit on the Dallas roster prove to be enough to beat out other suitors.
I kinda see the Spurs wanting to jump in on one of the two bigs in question...sigh.

Anyone else expected to get cut?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:57 AM   #14
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe Lindsay Hunter comes available?
Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #15
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I kinda see the Spurs wanting to jump in on one of the two bigs in question...sigh.

Anyone else expected to get cut?
If the Mavs are interested in a player, any player, you can bet the Spurs will try to block them. The Mavs can probably do themselves a big favor in the waived free agent market by continuing to look like a team that can do some damage in the postseason - and really, they have done that lately, lest our memories fail us.

Kick the snot out of the bad teams, get some quality wins to go along with a few competitive losses against the good ones, and make the case to Moore's agent that his size and skill set put him in a position to contribute to a playoff run with the Mavs in a way that simply wouldn't be the case with any other team. Best you can do, really.

Outside of Smith, Moore, and Marbury, I'm really not up on who's likely to be available.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #16
mac222b
Diamond Member

BTW if Joe Smith is an option that would be great. He can shoot. Jumpshots. He's smart and plays good D and is good in the lockedroom. He'd really help.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
If the Mavs are interested in a player, any player, you can bet the Spurs will try to block them. The Mavs can probably do themselves a big favor in the waived free agent market by continuing to look like a team that can do some damage in the postseason - and really, they have done that lately, lest our memories fail us.

Kick the snot out of the bad teams, get some quality wins to go along with a few competitive losses against the good ones, and make the case to Moore's agent that his size and skill set put him in a position to contribute to a playoff run with the Mavs in a way that simply wouldn't be the case with any other team. Best you can do, really.

Outside of Smith, Moore, and Marbury, I'm really not up on who's likely to be available.
Yup, I agree...I just would like it if there is a bigger pool of players to pick from...if its a short list, we're screwed.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's not a player on the waiver wire who would get minutes on this team.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:19 AM   #19
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
There's not a player on the waiver wire who would get minutes on this team.
I don't think anybody's even on the waiver wire right now, so I guess I agree.

Edit: went back and looked at his numbers the last two years. That was a productive one in Jersey. I don't know that you'd get that guy even if he did decide to sign with the Mavs, but a 7 footer who's been around the league and had some success in the playoffs, and who can finish inside and can hit the midrange jumper...that's not far from the prototype player the Mavs should be looking to add, at least on the offensive end.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-20-2009 at 01:33 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'd include Mikki Moore.

And that's about all I think you are going to get out of a "waiver wire."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #21
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Joe Smith is better than Mikki Moore just because one plays basketball and the other one doesn't

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?

Last edited by TheMaverick; 02-20-2009 at 02:05 AM.
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #22
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Two reasons I've got my eye on Moore instead of Smith:
1) Smith is without question the better player; he'll probably be the (currently) best player waived. Accordingly, I expect him to be higher on other teams' wish lists, and I think we can all agree that Dallas is not going to be anybody's first choice.
2) Mikki's more of a center, whereas Smith is more of a PF. Of the two positions, Dallas is in much better shape at the 4. It's the center spot where they are, to paraphrase EL's characterization, borderline anemic (unless Hollins cranks it up a notch).
Old 02-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #23
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

It doesn't hurt to add an athletic big with some experience.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #24
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Mikki Moore Mix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA9OF7qvLxg
Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #25
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

For this year on one year gigs --- I'd see if I could get Starbury and Moore.

I'd see what Starbury has left -- and see if Moore could give a few minutes.
I know, I know.......but you aren't going to win it all this year without a homerun and lots of luck, so you might as well take a one year chance.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

F*** Mikki Moore.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
TheMaverick
Golden Member

There is a Mikki Moore mix? Laugh.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #28
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
There is a Mikki Moore mix? Laugh.
If you think thats funny, check out the Damp mix on youtube lol.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #29
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

He was officially bought out yesterday (2/20)... how long before teams start taking a look at him? I certainly hope we at least make a play for him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #30
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

i'd say no ..except watching dirk have to guard yao in crunch time last night was a awful, awful sight

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #31
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Damp has done way more in his career than Mikki Moore.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:30 AM   #32
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Damp has done way more in his career than Mikki Moore.
Like?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:31 AM   #33
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

BTW im not saying M.M.> Damp.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #34
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Mikki Moore
510 games
3002 points
1999 rebounds
285 blocks

Erick Dampier
841 games
6701 points
6236 rebounds
1247 blocks

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #35
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Like i said i didn't mean Moore>Damp. I meant in terms of their careers they both haven't been great players, just solid players.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #36
TrippleT123

TrippleT123 is on a distinguished road

MM has some sort of offense!
TrippleT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #37
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald says:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/

DENVER — Mikki Moore is expected to be a Celtic by this time tomorrow, according to NBA sources. The 7-footer waived last week by Sacramento will by all accounts clear waivers Tuesday morning, at which time he will be a free agent.

Celtic director of basketball operations Danny Ainge had no comment on the issue, other than to deny he has made a formal offer to Moore. It is known that he has spoken with Moore’s representative, though the same is true for other potential free agents.

But league sources insist Moore will pick the Celtics over a number of other high profile suitors.

Moore was put on waivers after the Thursday deadline, meaning he won’t clear the 48-hour business-day period until tomorrow.

(Bulpett is very reliable. I believe he's the longest running beat writer in the NBA.)
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #38
BGMaverick9
Guru

I figured Moore was a longshot.

Smith is probably another person who falls in that category. So I'm thinking we are probably looking more along the lines of Chris Mihm.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #39
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

The Boston Globe, Herald and radio station WEEI are all confirming this is a done deal now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore in uniform for the Celtics tomorrow night.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #40
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

The Celtics, all they got to do is stick around and pick whoever they want in the waivers wire. Whoever is the top available waiver the Celtics will end it up with it.

And the MAVS always get the Magliores of the world, is the same old story.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wasn't he predator?