Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough
Default Trade Dampier/Stackhouse/Carroll/1st Rounder to Bucks for Charlie Villanueva/Richard

Trade Dampier/Stackhouse/Carroll/1st Rounder to Bucks for Charlie Villanueva/Richard Jefferson. Maybe Milwaukee will do it because they want to get rid of Jefferson's contract, if not then they can switch and give us Redd instead of Jefferson. Also, I don't know if Mavs could combine their low level exception with their mid level exception; if not, then they could split their MLE to get Raymond Felton and Birdman Chris Anderson. We let Bass walk. We re-sign Hollins and Singleton. We let Devean George walk. We re-sign Kidd if he demands a reasonable contract. We re-sign Green if he demands a reasonable contract. Dirk/Villanueva/Anderson/Hollins should compete well with Gasol/Odom/Bynum.
Roster:

Kidd/Howard/Jefferson/Dirk/Villanueva
Felton/Terry/Singleton/Hollins/Anderson
Barea/Wright

Williams/Foster/Green

Felton:

Anderson:

Villanueva:

Jefferson:

Redd:

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-03-2009 at 06:32 PM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Some announcer on ESPN just said today fans of teams expect to trade another teams best player(s) for their own 4 worst players on the end of the bench and I said to myself true. This is that trade. Why would they want Damp or Carroll? They both have long bad contracts. The only player they would want is Stack due to his expiring. Stack+Josh = good for another team. Damp/Carroll/Stack = the GM that makes that deal gets fired.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-03-2009 at 08:16 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

I thought Damps contract wasn't even fully guaranteed one year (i can't remember which) and Carrolls contract decreases every year. So i think they have pretty valuable contracts.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Well Damps isnt guaranteed in 2011, but everyones looking towards 2010 and no team is going to ruin it for Damp. And just because Carrolls decreases every year doesnt make it good. You still have to have him on your team, and it lasts until 2013.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Because teams are trying to get under the cap or save some money during these bad economic times. Some source awhile back said Bucks were trying to unload Michael Redd's awful contract because Redd's injury prone and that they were trying to save money. We take the injury prone Redd off their hands only if they give us Villanueva; also, this will free up a lot of money for the Bucks to make other moves. If not that, then we let Kidd walk, and maybe use whatever money we have to sign Charlie Villanueva straight up. We will then keep our own 1st round draft pick and draft the best PG available at the spot that we're at and start developing him. We've never seen Dirk play alongside a low post scorer, we've seen him play with the Josh Howard's/Michael Finley's/Steve Nash's/Marquis Daniel's/Jason Terry's/Jason Kidd's of the world, and it won't get us any closer to the championship or the Finals. If we get Villanueva, that will get us closer to getting to the Finals because this will be our best bet to be able to get there. Dirk should demand to get someone in here that can play in the low post for the team's sake, or threaten the team that he'll leave, because then maybe the Mavericks front office will actually do something. Other guys we should look into are Elton Brand, Chris Kaman, Amare Stoudemire, and Lamar Odom. We could also go after Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-03-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Felton will get the full mid-level from someone, at least. He's really improving. Too bad we didn't pull off that trade for him. Damp expires after next season and will be THE most valuable contract at the next trade deadline(if we haven't traded him by then). I'm hoping we've made all of our major moves before then for the sake of team chemistry. If we keep Kidd we need to put a good defender next to him. So Redd would be a gamble-injury wise and he's not a lockdown defender by any means. In another post i suggested Marion/Artest should be our primary mid-level/sign and trade targets. Our team w/out Stack, Marquis, Devin, even Adrian Griffen! can't create mismatches on offense. If we had another offensive talent to play alongside Josh(Artest, Marion, Jefferson)we could punish teams in the post. Not to mention a Center like Kaman who can score down low. It would make Dirk, Jet, Kidd more effective as shooters. We can't drive and kick and we can't post and kick. And it's killing us. That and we need a couple of tough defensive minded guys. That kind of effort is contagious. It's not rocket science. We just happen to be fans of a franchise run by short sighted, poor evaluators of talent. Seemingly always two steps behind. Trading Devin before firing Avery. Yikes... I love Cuban in many ways but he's almost TOO loyal. There are guys on this board i'd rather have as GM. And no i'm not kidding. I mean we were all happy to have Diop back for sentimental reasons but wouldn't have making an offer to Azubuike, C.J. Miles, J.R. Smith or Matt Barnes made way more sense. We might have gotten 2 of them for the price of Diop! I hope they get it together.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Well Damps isnt guaranteed in 2011, but everyones looking towards 2010 and no team is going to ruin it for Damp. And just because Carrolls decreases every year doesnt make it good. You still have to have him on your team, and it lasts until 2013.
Damp's contract is fully non-guaranteed in 2010.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Damp's contract is fully non-guaranteed in 2010.
That is what I thought.. which would make him one of the most valuable contracts this summer.

There are definitely going to be changes this summer. I know that was said for the last deadline, but I am willing to bet more than vcash on it this time.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Charlie Vil cant play center.

Can he?
Old 04-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
eyedentifyme

Charlie Vil is bigger than Bosh even though Vil plays power forward, so he should be able to, much like Bosh does.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-04-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Charlie V cannot play center.

lol do you watch the NBA?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that if we deal Stack before 1. juli we can deal him for his 7 million contract, after that for his guaranteed 2,5 (?).

Can someone confirm this? Would give us a deadline for a bigger trade to land without having to move Dampier...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
eyedentifyme

Yes, I watch the NBA and why do a lot of people want Chris Bosh in Dallas to play center, he's not a center either.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-07-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

He's a lot closer to center than Charlie V is. Bosh and Andrea interchange the center position up there in Toronto.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I just want a center who doesn't look like he's about to die, and one that is not an undersized PF.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
I just want a center who doesn't look like he's about to die, and one that is not an undersized PF.
LOL
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zki41 View Post
Kaman
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #18
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Damn Ramon Sessions is blowing up in the NBA...(kinda on topic)
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bit