Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default A.I.

He'll be available after this season. If Kidd walks do we want him? We'd have to start him or else he'll "retire' But he would be that other scoring threat that we need. I know most of you will blow up and murder the idea, but he may just be a fit. Unless of course he's done which he may be. Anyway thoughts?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

If Kidd walks? Yes...

(but where does reality play into the equation?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-03-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

ball hog and kills the chemistry
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

why would we want iverson? he never had a good fieldgoal percentage and his teams were never really good (often better without him)
he'd also be a big contract killing any chance of getting any good 2010 free agents

Last edited by Lor20; 04-03-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

the irony is he'd be PERFECT as 6th man at this stage in his career. jacking shots against 2nd unit dudes. that he carried that sixers team(w/larry brown's help) to the finals is pretty awesome. Ty Hill, George Lynch, Mutumbo, Macollough, Snow, a young Raja Bell. i mean come on. they were really gritty but that could be the least talented team ever to make it to the finals and they gave the lakers all they could handle! AI was an incredible player in his day but i don't know where he'll fit next year. i wouldn't be surprised if he signs a 1yr deal and retires. he's the ultimate competitor so it may, if he's healthy, be a really good year. wouldn't surprise me if he comes back in great shape and kills. Boston, GS, Miami, Cleveland might work. Dallas, no. we need good quick solid defensive guards(see for example what Conley did to us tonight). AI's always been a gambler on D.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He would not be a fit here. He's put out there, he needs to be a major part of the offense if not THE offense. He needs players that cater to him. That might be ok, but for AI 4-5 years ago, not that AI of now.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If Kidd walks, I hope we can get a package together to acquire both AI and Sheed

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I would much rather have Rasheed Wallace and NO point guard than AI.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

No way.

He could be a perfect 6th but his ego doesnt want that AND we have allready Terry. Hell, i prefer to sign Ben Gordon with the MLE

And there are rumors he may go to Charlotte to reunite with Brown. Would make kind of sense. They let go Felton and Brown has almost his Sixers-copy.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #10
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

No to Iverson.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Please no.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #12
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

We dont really need a guard, we need a big man!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #13
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Jet > AI

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
If Kidd walks, I hope we can get a package together to acquire both AI and Sheed

Well that combinations has certainly worked thus far.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

We need thugs.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
MaVs0541

MaVs0541 is on a distinguished road

bring shaq here for damp and sign ai next year and kidd our lineup looks like this ... kidd,ai,howard,dirk,shaq looks pretty amazing to me do it cuban
MaVs0541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #17
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Looks amazing circa 2004. I agree we need some attitude but not when the attitude is because the person is boarder line Bi-polar with a history of hurting teams they paly on. Iverson is trying to ignore the fact he is getting older and slower, plus he was always a volume shooter.

Dirk + AI = bad combo. Think about the plays Dirk is most dangerous off of. Pick and Pops, Pick and Rolls, and high Post. Where does AI fit in these plays?

If we get a thug he needs to be named Jackson.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #18
TheMaverick
Golden Member

not bad Mavs0541, not bad.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

The Mavs are screwed why waste your time with such babble!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #20
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
We need thugs.
That should be the Mavericks slogan on the front door.

"Seeking well qualified thugs."
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:02 AM   #21
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Enter Stephen Jackson

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:21 AM   #22
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

//http://bleacherreport.com/articles/153128-shaq-to-dallas-if-so-iverson-should-follow

Says here if we land Shaq we should also try to land AI. Better chances of reeling in the big fish. Idk.
Here's our projected lineup if ever

PG - Jason Kidd/J.J. Barea

SG - Allen Iverson/Jason Terry/Gerald Green

SF - Josh Howard/Antoine Wright/James Singleton

PF - Dirk Nowitzki/Brandon Bass

C - Shaquille O'Neal/Ryan Hollins

Not bad.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
TheMaverick
Golden Member

not bad at all

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #24
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

NO F ING WAY
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #25
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
We need thugs.
Then lets get Carmello at least he can play.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #26
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want Carmelo.

Don't you remember his hit and run at MSG when he got suspended? What a little girl.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
destroy ALL

destroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nicedestroy ALL is just really nice

mavs should get shaq and ai and keep kidd

shaq
dirk
jho
ai
kidd

old but nice.
destroy ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #28
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroy ALL View Post
mavs should get shaq and ai and keep kidd

shaq
dirk
jho
ai
kidd

old but nice.
NO
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

K.G reminds me of a thug
Old 04-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #30
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I am a fan of Iverson and as much as some are against the idea. If we can get him cheap it would be stupid not to. He is not what he once was, but he still can do a lot and IMO he can still take over a game or two and win it for you.

Soo if he cheap....WHY NOT

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #31
MX425

Because what he can do is disrupt chemistry, force a coach to find a way to play to his style or whine and threaten retirement if things aren't going his way. Plus he won't siogn for vet minimum so he will want MLE. We can do better with our MLE.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #32
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

KG is not a thug, he picks on Jose Calderon and Jerryd Bayless. I mean, come on.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote