Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough
Default Get Lamar Odom.

If not sign and trade for Villanueva/Jefferson, then what about using the full MLE on Lamar Odom. Odom is someone who can score in the low post and who someone the Mavs need at this current time.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Love Odom but we need someone a little quicker defensively next to Dirk. We could use someone with his passing skills and versatility, for sure. Like Villanueva who's a similar but less consistent talent.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Why would Odom want to come off the bench in Dallas when he already has a prominent role in Los Angeles, unless it's strictly financial reasons?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently we need to up the minimum post count to start a thread.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Apparently we need to up the minimum post count to start a thread.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Well the Lakers are gonna have to pick between Obom and Ariza at the end of the season, I wouldn't mind having Odom because he would help with the rebounding and points in the paint, if Odom where to come here he might start next to Dirk.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Well the Lakers are gonna have to pick between Obom and Ariza at the end of the season, I wouldn't mind having Odom because he would help with the rebounding and points in the paint, if Odom where to come here he might start next to Dirk.
What position is Odom going to play?

He isn't a last line of defense for sure.

He is Nellies Point forward though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Odom can't really play Small Forward well - that's essentially why he was needed to come off the bench in the first place. Even if Odom could, he wouldn't start over Josh or Dirk, and he definitely couldn't play Center.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Odom is pretty much playing in the paint now because Bynum is out. He's doing fine from how it looks against big guys. Odom playing alongside Dirk in the paint or Odom playing alongside Gasol in the paint is a wash. Dirk or Odom could switch off playing center.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-04-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Odom is pretty much playing in the paint now because Bynum is out. He's doing fine from how it looks against big guys. Odom playing alongside Dirk in the paint or Odom playing alongside Gasol in the paint is a wash. Dirk or Odom could switch off playing center.
*vomits*

I didn't think our interior defense could get worse than this year, but now I'm questioning whether it could...

Last edited by tcat075; 04-04-2009 at 06:40 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #11
Zki41

honestly considering the limited playing time Odom would get for the price, and the development of Bass/Singleton, it's better to just stick with them. Odom has more range and is more consistent, but is beginning to decline when Bass and Singleton are still realizing their potential. I'd rather have youth off the bench than a effective but declining veteran who would most likely be unhappy.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Hey I'm going to make a thread that says: Get LeBron James.

NOT.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
eyedentifyme

Just trying to make a reasonable suggestion on people who might be available, who is available, or who we possibly can get. I'm not going to suggest us getting somebody who is in the likelihood of not coming here.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see Odom being able to work with Dirk, IMO.

I'd rather see Rasheed, AK47, or a myriad of others. Odom ends up moving Dirk from the 4 on the defensive end, and from the 3 on the offensive end (which is how Dirk really plays).

I just don't see the fit.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Do you guys think the MLE is enough to acquire Sheed?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #16
eyedentifyme

Odom out of position or not, we still need to get a solid low post scorer in here to go along with Dirk, until that happens, we're not winning anything. Now what I want to see during the rest of this season after seeing some of the Phoenix game last Sunday, is Kidd posting up a lot more times against all the smaller or same size point guards in the Western Conference to wear them down.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-07-2009 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #17
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Do you guys think the MLE is enough to acquire Sheed?
I think it will be in this summer's market, however I don't know if I would want to spend it all on him. I guess it depends on who we can get for Stack's contract.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

If we spent the full MLE on a scrub like Diop, getting Sheed would be a steal IMHO.

We can still trade Stack, Howard, and Bass (sign n trade)

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
What position is Odom going to play?

He isn't a last line of defense for sure.

He is Nellies Point forward though.

He said OBOM, not Odom. I think it's clear he meant Obama and with his size and background I think he would be fit to run the point.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #20
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
If we spent the full MLE on a scrub like Diop, getting Sheed would be a steal IMHO.

We can still trade Stack, Howard, and Bass (sign n trade)
Diop was a big waste. My concern with Sheed is his ability to implode without a moments notice. Also, when he gets lazy he just stands out by the three and tries to be Dirk.

I also don't know where he would get most of his minutes. Since he is a C/PF combo he would either be backing up Dirk or rotating with Damp and Hollins. If he is rotating then I don't know if we ship off Hollins of Damp because thats a lot of money tied up in 48 minutes.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #21
TheMaverick
Golden Member

He'll start ahead of Damp. I don't think that would be an issue.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #22
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like Sheed won his ring and has nothing(in his mind)to prove or play for. not sure he wants it bad enough anymore.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote