Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 04-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold
Default Mavs May Pursue Trade for Chris Paul

Posted: 4/9/2009 10:52:00 AM
Source: Tim MacMahon of Dallas Morning News

Rumor has it the Mavs brass let the powers that be in the Big Easy know before the trade deadline that they'd take the Hornets' two worst contracts off their hands in a package with (Chris) Paul.

I'd wager the value of Paul's four-year, max contract extension that kicks in next season that the Mavericks will put on the full-court press with that proposal this summer.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineSt...09#STORY_17774

Very interesting, but NO way do I see the Hornets doing this. Unless there is something seriously wrong with that organization.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That has to be the dumbest thing McMahon has ever written. And that's saying something.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That has to be the dumbest thing McMahon has ever written. And that's saying something.

I agree that there is NO chance of this going down.

IMO the best way Mavs improve this summer is a deal with the Bucks. Yous send
Josh/ Bass/ Stack/ 1st round pick and ....

Try to get Richardson/Redd/ and their 1st round pick (high pick)

I think this could actually be a possible trade

Damp/ or someone else
Dirk
Jefferson
Redd
Kidd

with Jet, Wright, Singleton, JJ, the 1st rounder, Hollins, Green...off the bench sounds really good to me

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 04-09-2009 at 12:57 PM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Howard/Damp/Stack for Paul/Chandler? I'm assuming Kidd walks?

That's definitely "bigger than Shaq" (just add LeBron & Kobe and we'll have the best IMAGINARY squad in the league...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-09-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I think mavs will get a big name in the off season maybe kind of a "surprise" but I doubt it is paul.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Hornets trade Paul they can close straight the franchise and move to Seattle. And in that market they dont have to do so extreme desperate money moves i guess...

Nice idea, sure Paul will be pissed when Chandler get again tradet in the summer (im pretty sure about that) but trading Paul just for the other bad contracts...no way.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default I say no 'effing way...

...and then there's this:

Quote:
Hornets will accept loan from league

link

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The Hornets have decided to take advantage of an NBA loan program despite having by far their best season at the ticket office since moving to New Orleans in 2002.

"We accepted the loan that the NBA made available to all its teams to keep our options open in case these funds are needed in the future," Hornets President Hugh Weber said in a statement sent by e-mail Thursday to The Associated Press.

The Hornets have sold out 22 games this season, smashing the previous high of 13 sellouts last season, the Hornets' first in New Orleans full-time since Hurricane Katrina. Average attendance this season is 16,977, and the official sellout figure for the New Orleans Arena for Hornets games is 17,188.

Led by the All-Star tandem of Chris Paul and David West, the Hornets also have made the playoffs for a second-straight season, which will further enhance the club's bottom line.

"We are experiencing unprecedented success in ticket sales and sponsorships and by no means was this loan acquired to subsidize our daily operating expenses," Weber said.

With the recession hitting the country hard and credit markets freezing up during this season, the NBA lined up a $200 million line of credit with several major financial institutions. Between $13 million and $20 million was made available to teams expressing interest in the funds.

In mid-March, Weber said the Hornets had yet to take the NBA up on the credit offer. He also announced at that time that because the Hornets were playing home games before crowds approaching 99 percent capacity, the team would not be seeking a subsidy from the state that, under the terms of its lease, could have run as high as $6.8 million if the attendance had been below 80 percent of available seating.

Still, in part because the Hornets' attempted trade of center Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City fell through, the team could be in danger of having a player payroll several million dollars above the NBA's 2009-10 luxury tax threshold. The luxury tax figure hasn't yet been set but is expected to be lower than this season's $71.2 million figure because it is tied to league revenues, which are expected to slump somewhat during the recession.

The NBA punishes overspending teams by charging a dollar-for-dollar tax on the amount by which they spend beyond the threshold. In the Hornets' case, that could mean a penalty of around $6 million barring major cost-cutting roster moves after the season ends.

Not only have the Hornets never paid a luxury tax, but the club usually receives a distribution of luxury tax money as a reward for keeping its payroll below the threshold.

Meanwhile, if the recession lasts longer than hoped, the Hornets could be challenged to maintain current levels of attendance and sponsorships, though so far Weber has maintained that, based on current renewals, attendance should be strong again next season.

Weber asserted that the loan has much more to do with capitalizing on an unusual opportunity to increase the amount of cash on hand.

"The opportunity to secure this kind of loan during such tough economic times shows the strength and confidence that financial institutions have in the NBA," Weber said.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
Underdog

Here's a gem from the DMN blog:

Quote:
Posted by voice of reason @ 10:37 AM Thu, Apr 09, 2009

Hey Diggler,
Right after I posted that previous comment, I received an anonymous tip in a phone call from a trusted source that while the Mavericks are in Nawlins this weekend, they will be brokering a deal to acquire the Easter Bunny. Sorry, but both Santa and the Tooth Fairy were asking for too much cash and too many years on their new deals, and the Mavs were worried that both of them have lost a step and might be past their prime.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Worst they could say is no. As unlikely as it is to actually occur, why not try? We always get on the F.O. for not trying to make bold moves, well this is as bold as it gets.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

DMN losing readers?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

There now way the Hornets would trade Paul to Dallas of all teams, The Mavs trade to get Chandler at the deadline but the Hornnets said there where not going to trade him to the Mavs, anything can happen with the way this economy is but Chris as a Mavs would make me jump out the window.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #13
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

one of the most baseless, pointless things i've read in a while

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there are 28 other teams that will also check the availability of Paul... and will also offer them garbage like we would. Chris Paul is a top 5 player in the game today... the only way we could get him would be starting with Dirk and building an offer around him.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm sure there are 28 other teams that will also check the availability of Paul... and will also offer them garbage like we would. Chris Paul is a top 5 player in the game today... the only way we could get him would be starting with Dirk and building an offer around him.
Dirks not going to fix the problem of money for them, he is older and makes more $$$$. He is out of the question. They would just keep Paul.

IF they move Paul it will be for lots of picks and lesser $$$$ players.

IF NOT, then they don't move Paul.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

CRACK....
Old 04-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #17
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

PAUL FOR KIDD SIGN AND TRADE!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have no doubt Cuban made some sort of offer, but for McMahon to suggest that acquiring Paul is a "realistic scenario" is beyond ridiculous.

Chris Paul for expiring contracts. As someone put it over at LMF, perhaps we'll sign LeBron with the MLE, too.

Sheesh.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This topic makes me laugh out loud.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 04-09-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I have no doubt Cuban made some sort of offer, but for McMahon to suggest that acquiring Paul is a "realistic scenario" is beyond ridiculous.

Chris Paul for expiring contracts. As someone put it over at LMF, perhaps we'll sign LeBron with the MLE, too.

Sheesh.
It is nowhere near beyond precedent for a team to rid itself of an MVP-caliber player because the team can't pay the freight.

If you think money doesn't factor, see Dallas Mavericks, July 1 2004.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Here's a gem from the DMN blog:

...they will be brokering a deal to acquire the Easter Bunny
I hear he's got mad hops.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #22
coldsweat

coldsweat is on a distinguished road

haha mcmahon is delusional, seek help!
coldsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #23
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

God, I wish I could get paid to make things up and be bad at what I do.

This kind of journalism is about as sloppy as it gets.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #24
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
It is nowhere near beyond precedent for a team to rid itself of an MVP-caliber player because the team can't pay the freight.

Yeah but the difference is Cuban made the mistake of thinking Nash was past his prime. Paul hasnt even hit his prime yet.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #25
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Steve Nash wasn't 24 years old.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

14.5 ppg and 8.8 assists for Nash (03-04)

22.6 ppg and 11 assists for Paul (08-09)

Comparing Paul's year to the year prior to Nash getting let go is a joke.

Not to mention stevie's steals that year (0.9 per game) to Pauls 2.8.

Bits are fun

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-10-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:56 AM   #27
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Steve Cash had .9 steals a game? very surprising.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #28
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

New Orleans may not trade Chris Paul, but it seems the Mavericks F.O. are doing a good job in not leaving any rocks unturned.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 04-10-2009 at 02:51 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:56 AM   #29
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This is really poor and embarrassing by Tim. He is usually pretty decent. I wonder if this was a knee-jerk to Fisher's Shaq article?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #30
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I'm not so sure about trading for Paul because that would mean Kidd would have to come off the bench and then when would JJB get any playing time? I don't think JJB will be happy with a 3rd string role.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Someday you'll give up this bit. Someday.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Someday you'll give up this bit. Someday.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

FightClub FTW.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #33
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
If the Hornets trade Paul they can close straight the franchise and move to Seattle. And in that market they dont have to do so extreme desperate money moves i guess...

Nice idea, sure Paul will be pissed when Chandler get again tradet in the summer (im pretty sure about that) but trading Paul just for the other bad contracts...no way.
Well, i told that trade will never happen because before that they will move to Seattle.

But this dude is just a few years in the league and i cant stand his complaining assface anymore...god...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:50 PM   #34
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

To all you Cuban haters out there, just think how much worse it would be to have George Shinn as an owner. While Cubes would NEVER trade the "face of the franchise," Shinn actually would entertain such a notion if it saved him money. As a NC native, I was actually HAPPY when the team left Charlotte, because Shinn was such a terrible owner I couldn't stand to support my own local team.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #35
bobatundi
Golden Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...d_the_hornets/

Note the parts about Shinn not paying market value to retain his own players, and the part about being unwilling to put up $13MM for a new arena. While I still think it's wishful thinking that the Mavs could get Paul, I do give it more than a snowball's chance in hell given who the Hornets' owner is. He makes Sterling look like a lavish spender.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #36
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

sure... while we are at it we sign and trade kidd for lebron and aquire shaq for damp from the suns.

chris paul
lebron james
JHo
Dirk
shaq

they could proly win quite a few games :P
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #37
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

In case someone here had hope this might go down, let me sqwash that.

Quote:
Hornets Coach Byron Scott said he started cracking up when he read a Dallas Morning News' blog Friday morning that stated Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban may be willing to take the Hornets' two worst contracts off their hands in a package trade deal to obtain Chris Paul, whose three-year, $68 million contract extension, which includes an option for a fourth year, begins next season. When Scott was asked about the bizarre rumor, he said it won't happen unless hell freezes over. "There's no scenario that's going to make that happen,'' Scott said. Scott even joked that the rumor sounds real genius like. "I mean a small market and you are going to trade away your best commodity. No offense to (New Orleans) Mayor Ray Nagin, I think Chris could run for mayor and win in New Orleans - he's that popular.' New Orleans Times-Picayune
Old 04-12-2009, 07:45 AM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

Not that I think this trade has much chance of happening either...but keep in mind, Byron Scott is (a) not the team's GM, and (b) a big giant douche. He has zero credibility in my eyes. And, if the Hornets lose money this year, who knows what George Shinn will do.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #39
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Yeah, thinking a Byron Scott quote puts this "rumor" to rest is just as ridiculous as the rumor itself.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Who needs Chris Paul anyway.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best...drugs...ever!!!, dammit chum