Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 06-23-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough
Default damp for big z

salaries match and there were rumors clevland is shoping him. I would love that trade even if we had to sweeten the deal with a youngster(powell or rawle).
Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 AM   #2
JET_31

JET_31 is on a distinguished road

^ i agree
JET_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I can't wait for Big Z to die in 50 years. Maybe then, people will stop trying to trade for the guy.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason they want to trade him is the same reason that SA just traded Nesty.

In the new NBA with no checking on the perimeter, that leaves him to cover a man and be the shot blocker. He is too slow to do that, so he is a foul waiting to happen, usually with a dunk attached to the end of it.

The new NBA way is phasing out the big bruising Centers.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

Big Z would be great in a Mavs uniform though Cleveland has expressed ZERO interest in trading him. All of these rumors are mostly made up by people like Chad Ford and have no credibility. I am thinking with a little tweaking that Cleveland team is going to the NBA finals next season. I think they are going to be a finals fixture for years. But a Damp for Big Z would be a good trade.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

cleveland would be idiots to make this trade. They already gave us Diop..Now you want Ilgauskas too?
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #7
mavs_own

mavs_own is on a distinguished road

Are you kidding? I don't want a white jump shooting pansy at center.
mavs_own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #8
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs_own
Are you kidding? I don't want a white jump shooting pansy at center.
I may be alone here, but I kinda think the only difference in PPod and Big Z is experience. Both from what I have seen have generally the same game. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say PPod is as good as Z right now, just that he is basically the same as Z was at the same age.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #9
Artest is the best!

Artest is the best! is on a distinguished road

wow there is no way the cavs would do this trade.
Artest is the best! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I may be alone here, but I kinda think the only difference in PPod and Big Z is experience. Both from what I have seen have generally the same game. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say PPod is as good as Z right now, just that he is basically the same as Z was at the same age.
I hope
Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Dooby i dont really think we need him to die but i will be thrilled when he retires.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I feel the same way about PJ Brown
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #13
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

No way, unless you want to destroy the Mavs. This would ruin the identity we're building.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

How about Quis and Damp for Z and Snow?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #15
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
How about Quis and Damp for Z and Snow?
No way.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd probably do this in a new york minute.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:17 PM   #17
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
No way.

No way that we'd do it or no way they would do it?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #18
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

No way it'll get done.

I think we'd do it, but I doubt they would.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #19
nah-vit-ski

nah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura aboutnah-vit-ski has a spectacular aura about

Why would Cle do it?

- Conrad Burns
nah-vit-ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #20
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Damp not getting much defensive respect in this thread...
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Just think a center who shaq would have to at least go to the ft line to cover. Wonder what that would do to our drive and kick game?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, how I drool at the prospect of a center with a semblance of an offensive game...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:06 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Oh, how I drool at the prospect of a center with a semblance of an offensive game...
Yea actually a 10 foot shot would be fine with me, anything....come on throw me a BONE WILLYA'!!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #24
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

If they were to seriously consider prying big Z from Cleveland what would they have to give them?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #25
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP
If they were to seriously consider prying big Z from Cleveland what would they have to give them?
I don't know what they want but certainly damp, queasy I would give up. I'm not sure anyone wants queasy however. But damp is a pretty stout rebounder.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #26
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it would be nice to have a center that could draw someone to the free thow line....

How much good would it do when Shaq takes them down low and punishes them on the other end? People can write off Damp's role in the Finals if they want to, but Damp is a defensive and rebounding presence. There is a reason that our defense is significantly worse when neither he or Diop are on the floor, and that's because no one is there to protect the rim.

Big Z would bring us all back to the Raef days, and I've had enough of those.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #27
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Yeah, it would be nice to have a center that could draw someone to the free thow line....

How much good would it do when Shaq takes them down low and punishes them on the other end? People can write off Damp's role in the Finals if they want to, but Damp is a defensive and rebounding presence. There is a reason that our defense is significantly worse when neither he or Diop are on the floor, and that's because no one is there to protect the rim.

I don't watch Z enough. I dont' believe he hangs out at the 3point line and I think he gets to the line quite a bit.

He's certainly big enough to mess with shaq but I haven't seen it very much.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #28
thewillis12

thewillis12 is on a distinguished road

we officially get rid of our number one guy to guard shaq. then again i dont thinks shaq can dominate this coming season so you never know.....
thewillis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

Maybe you oughta have a little more of those...or don't you remember the 2006 NBA Finals? We gave their centers carte blanche. Carte blanche to whip our ass.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #30
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I don't watch Z enough. I dont' believe he hangs out at the 3point line and I think he gets to the line quite a bit.

He's certainly big enough to mess with shaq but I haven't seen it very much.
When I say it'd be like having Raef again, I mean it would be having a completely offensive center without any real defensive ability.

Z is quite big, but he's very, very slow, and not capable of playing good one on one defense.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #31
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Maybe you oughta have a little more of those...or don't you remember the 2006 NBA Finals? We gave their centers carte blanche. Carte blanche to whip our ass.
Right. Shaq and Zo just ripped us to pieces didn't they....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #32
Captain Disaster

Captain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the roughCaptain Disaster is a jewel in the rough

But the thing is, after Shaq & Zo, who is there? Damp is going nowhere, nor should we even consider it at this point because he is better than everyone else not on the Heat.
Captain Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #33
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I think the real question is... why? Damps good defensively against pretty much every big... so lets keep him just for that, and sometimes he really gets going on the offensive boards for easy put backs. Diop on the other hand couldnt make a bucket to save his life... still like the energy on D though. I have no problem with our centers but we dont need one who can shoot... we need other pieces that can shoot.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote