Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Smile Been gone awhile and I was bored today...

PPG 17.5 | RPG 3.8 | APG 3.2

Not too bad of stats for a Shooting Guard. Played 40 games with one team and made 58-143 (.406) of his 3 pointers, than got traded and than shot 44-112 (.393) from the 3 point line. With Dallas needing another Shooter from the 3 point line, this sounds pretty enticing!

Well this got me thinking, and I will tell ya, I never really liked this guy. Today I still don't, but I like his numbers. Back when he joined the NBA he had a FG % of .511, than had a .510, and than a .507. This past season he averaged .487. Still not to shabby. He also ranks 6th in NBA in Free Throw Percentage (89.677).

Well you say, who is this person that I all of a sudden have a man crush on?

Well can you say: Walllllllllllllllly SIR-bee-ackkkkkkk.

I know, I know, alot of people don't like or stand him, but he can shoot. You have to give him that. And be honest people, do you really think Dallas is going to get Mike James? Please. Just another free agent using us to get a bigger deal. Would have thought by now people here would have realized that?

So what can Dallas do to get Wally? Well every rumor I have heard involves AI going to Boston, which is of course got me thinking about ole Wally. But what does Philly want besides a bunch of young players? How about some money coming off their books? How about a player named Stackhouse? (who i might add might do pretty good with Pierce)

So I guess my ludicrous trade proposal involved Wally SIR-bee-ack (hears it now at the AAC) traded to Dallas for Stackhouse and Josh Powell.

The money works.

But does Boston do it?

How about Dallas?

How about a starting lineup of Terry, SIR-bee-ack, Howard, Dirk, and Diop. With Harris, Ager, Croshere, and Big Damp coming off the bench.

But you see ladies and gents we have a hole now. We don't have a backup for Howard! But problem solved with this beautiful! thing called THE FULL MID LEVEL EXCEPTION left. Damn I love that exception. I don't know if he would bite, but I know he wants to win. So the lucky winner that gets it, if he so desires would be Al Harrington. Not to shabby of a backup that gets ya PPG 18.6 | RPG 6.9 | BPG 0.2. Of course that was playing 36 min a game. But he might not want to take it. He might not want to win but take the paycheck. After all, he is only 25. Don't really blame him I guess. I am guessing he could and should get more than that from Atlanta. But who knows right!

If he doesn't take the offer, how about Jared Jeffries? He averaged PPG 6.4 | RPG 4.9 | APG 1.9 on 25 min per game. Either way I would be estatic for either one.

So now you have:
  • PG: TERRY, HARRIS
  • SG: SIR-BEE-ACK, AGER
  • SF: HOWARD, HARRINGTON
  • PF: DIRK, CROSHERE
  • C: DIOP, DAMP, BENGA

Sounds pretty darn good to me! What do you think?

Ummy

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

how many white guys can we get on this team, too bad pryzbilla resigned with portland.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Al harrington might be better than josh but i like your thought process. Damn fine work.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I like where your head's at. But somthing strongly tells me that Wally is not an Avery-type player.

I bet the shooting guard position gives Avery more fits than the center position did for Nellie.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Szczerbiak is EXACTLY the kind of player I'd love to have. He's gotten better as a defender since his new contract from Minnesota, and if he's healthy after his knee surgery (which I assume will be the case) I'd love to pick him up. I just don't know who we could send to Boston. I wonder if Stack straight-up would work?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

wally plays 0 d. I don't really think Avery wants those type of players on the team.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The 0 defense sharp shooter would be ok in Averys system coming off the bench, and I don't think Wally is the guy to do that.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Wally would be a great fit here, but he isn't an Avery player. He doesn't play good enough D. How's Harrington's D? I'd like him here, but something tells me he wouldn't want to come off the bench. Nice thoughts though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 PM   #9
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
how many white guys can we get on this team, too bad pryzbilla resigned with portland.
i'm willing to sign for the league minimum.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote