Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-10-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
One_Good_Shoe

One_Good_Shoe will become famous soon enough
Default Trade I'd like to see happen

GS Is still dangling Troy Murphy out there. Any chance they would want an expiring contract for him? Maybe Croshere for Murph??

why yes: Murph is a better rebounder, post scorer (not by much) & he's younger & averaged a double double last season.

why not: GS may be able to demand a little more than an expiring contract for Murph, there are likely a few teams out there with more desirable pieces than Cro. He has 4 years left on his contract at a fairly sizable cap number. We would be trading an outside shooter for a guy who ha sent been very proficient from beyond the arc in his career.

Probably a waist of a post, but I figured it was worth throwing out there. I personally would like the trade. I see Murph as a fairly hard working guy who would fit well here. The only thing I see that would work against the Mavs is if the Warriors could get more than what we would offer for him.

thoughts????
One_Good_Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 AM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Ehh, I'd like Murph here, but he isn't a backup type player. Cro for Murphy wouldn't get it done, and I don't think Murphy would want to take a backup role. He'd be a nice fit though.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

i like murphy, he puts up solid numbers on the boards, but I don't think G-state will do that deal
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

this belongs in the trade section. for future reference.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Murphy...but where would he play other than behind dirk?

it just would not work out.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

He wouldnt get enough minutes to justify that crazy contract.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote