Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-17-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default zombies!!!

game

level 10, 120 points. That's my best.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: zombies!!!

What a fun game!!

I got to level 8, didn't see any points. I'll play with it some more later.

What does it mean when it says "found shotgun shells," do you know?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

chumdawg, when you have the shotgun, hit the shift key to change weapons
Old 05-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the tip. I got it up to level 11. Man, this game is addictive!
Old 05-17-2005, 02:19 PM   #5
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all
Default RE:zombies!!!

99 points. stage 10.

can you reload before you're empty?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: mnmpeanut
99 points. stage 10.

can you reload before you're empty?
Nah, so just keep emptying the thing! It's more fun that way anyway...

Old 05-17-2005, 04:54 PM   #7
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Stage 11 113 of those bastards.

Dang this is fun.

If you haven't already figured it out, it only takes one bullet if they are rising up from the ground.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

Just got it up to 116, baby!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

123 of 'em.

Edit: apparently all I needed to do to propel myself to new heights with this game was make myself accountable by posting my best score, which I have just bested.

211, level 16. I am the Deanimator!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #10
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

lvl 13

He needs to learn how to reload quicker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 01:29 AM   #11
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: mmmfast
lvl 13
He needs to learn how to reload quicker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Or how to run away, or just walk away. I mean they are zombies, come on! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just got 120, fun game.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:25 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
123 of 'em.

Edit: apparently all I needed to do to propel myself to new heights with this game was make myself accountable by posting my best score, which I have just bested.

211, level 16. I am the Deanimator!
Damnit! Unbelievable. (Good job to you, too, mmmfast.)

How much are you guys using the shotgun? I was pretty much just firing away with the pistol. I couldn't trust that shotgun. Way too slow to reload. I was wondering: if you use it for only a couple shots, and then switch, the next time you use it (after it says "found shotgun shells") will it be fully loaded again? I was thinking I needed a better strategy for the shotgun.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:05 AM   #13
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I don't use that shotgun much. As you said, too slow to reload. It's really only worth it when you're getting swamped with zombies that are reanimating off screen and can't be taken down by a single pistol shot, but in order to get any real value out of it you really have to be able to anticipate when you're going to need it and start taking them down when they're at a distance, otherwise that reload will bite you in the ass.

And no, switching to the pistol and then switching back to the shotgun does not result in a reload of the shotgun. Most unfortunately, neither does advancing to the next level.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 PM   #14
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

Great! Now I have to waste all day trying to get over 200 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 12:58 PM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, i gave chumdawg the advice on switching to the shotgun, cause I read it on the site. But i had never actually done it. I could not switch to the shotgun for the life of me. then i realized i was hitting the Space Bar, not the Shift key.

i'm smart.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The key with the shotgun is to use it when the guys are still far away, so you have time to reload.

I first I used it as a desparation move, when I didn't have time to reload, but that only works for so long. The shotgun becomes very effective in the later round when it takes four pistol shots to kill the guys.

...And I've now spent way too much time analyzying and playing this game while at work.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #17
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

well, i got up to 148 pts at level 13.

i found that if you can anticipate which zombie is the last one of a level and you have an empty shotgun, you can switch to the shotgun and reload right after you kill the last one but before the "clear - click to continue" screen comes up. it has to be a quick shift then shoot and it will reload.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #18
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Addictive you say? I need to keep away from this game.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote