Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold
Default Stallworth Suspended

Not many will agree with me but, I feel he is getting off light. The sorry SOB should be banned from the NFL for life.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I kinda have mixed feelings on this case. I get the sense that if he wasn't drunk, that he probably still would have hit and killed the pedestrian and would have gotten off without jail time. Obviously, I do believe that driving intoxicated is a serious offense.. However, I don't believe that you are at fault for causing an accident just because you are intoxicated. So, I believe he should have been suspended and jailed for driving while under the influence but maybe not at fault for the accident.

Now, that's just my opinion based upon what I've heard about the case.

Last edited by Murphy3; 08-13-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I kinda have mixed feelings on this case. I get the sense that if he wasn't drunk, that he probably still would have hit and killed the pedestrian and would have gotten off without jail time. Obviously, I do believe that driving intoxicated is a serious offense.. However, I don't believe that you are at fault for causing an accident just because you are intoxicated. So, I believe he should have been suspended and jailed for driving while under the influence but maybe not at fault for the accident.

Now, that's just my opinion based upon what I've heard about the case.
Yeah, from what I heard the guy he hit was jaywalking in an area that wasn't very well lit. I hate drunk driving as much as the next guy, but I have to wonder as well whether this guy would actually be alive even if Stallworth sober.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote