Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #1521
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
tell me what you think when you listen to it...

When did they play this? Just recently? I mean after the reunion? Corgan sounds tired and full of energy at the same time. How does he do that? This guy is eclectic. LOL Liked the cheap trick sets. Today seemed kinda... live. Too live. But still a great song. Most of the songs here come from Melon Collie huh?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #1522
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Listened to OK Computer and a Reggae tribute version of OK Computer. It was interesting. Some hits, some misses, but the Toots and the Maytals version of "Let Down" was phenomenal.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #1523
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
When did they play this? Just recently? I mean after the reunion? Corgan sounds tired and full of energy at the same time. How does he do that? This guy is eclectic. LOL Liked the cheap trick sets. Today seemed kinda... live. Too live. But still a great song. Most of the songs here come from Melon Collie huh?
yeah this is from way back in 1995. their first NEW show will be may 14th. i'll get you the bootlegs to it as soon as i can find them
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #1524
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

hellyeah - hellyeah
Old 04-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #1525
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
yeah this is from way back in 1995. their first NEW show will be may 14th. i'll get you the bootlegs to it as soon as i can find them

Thanks man!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #1526
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Smashing Pumpkins new album entitled "Zeitgeist" set to release July 07, 2007

Last edited by mqywaaah; 04-15-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #1527
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

BlueVan, the new qotsa song is out on their site now: 3's & 7's. Sounds great.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:58 PM   #1528
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stop listening to Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek"...that song is so haunting.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #1529
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

gotan project
tanghetto
sasha n digweed

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #1530
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

The Rapture - Out of the Races and Onto the Tracks
TV on the Radio - Young Liars
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:49 PM   #1531
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I can't stop listening to Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek"...that song is so haunting.
http://www.idkwtf.com/videos/latest-...-digital-short

Old 04-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #1532
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
The Rapture - Out of the Races and Onto the Tracks
TV on the Radio - Young Liars
TV on The Radio..... is that Young Liars album the one where you may find "Staring At The Sun?" I absolutely love that track after I first heard it on the credits for Entourage.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #1533
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360Ā°
BlueVan, the new qotsa song is out on their site now: 3's & 7's. Sounds great.

yeah i was actually just on my way to post that here! isnt it awesome!?!?
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #1534
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
TV on The Radio..... is that Young Liars album the one where you may find "Staring At The Sun?"
Yup, that's the one.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #1535
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

mos def
immortal technique

Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #1536
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"Brick" by Ben Folds Five...amazingly sad song.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-02-2007, 05:44 AM   #1537
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Robert Thicke - Lost without you
Nice... if you like listening to Maxwell and the likes

Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #1538
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Johhny Cash- Win, Place, and Show- The Hits
Merle Haggard- The Lonesome Fugitive Anthology
Soldier's Songs of the Civil War
Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #1539
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Kicking Television - Wilco
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #1540
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #1541
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High
nerd

Old 05-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #1542
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about

My ex's TMBG cds
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #1543
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

dropkick murpheys: sing loud, sing proud

an oldie but goodie. spicy mchaggis! one hell of a guy!
Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #1544
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorillaz Discography. Just twist yo' hip and do the dip!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #1545
I_am_Queens_Blvd

I_am_Queens_Blvd is on a distinguished road

Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight
"Well we're all getting excited to see this fight. The Albany branch is working right through lunch to prevent downsizing, but Michael - he decided to extend lunch by an hour so we can all go down to the dojo and watch him fight Dwight."
I_am_Queens_Blvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:07 PM   #1546
bernardos70
Diamond Member

lol, I love your name, I'm not sure about the song though. Great episode tonight.

I'm currently listening to Gangstarr's greatest hits.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #1547
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Queens_Blvd
Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight
Me too.

Pretty disappointing though, I have to say.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #1548
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Me too.

Pretty disappointing though, I have to say.
disappointed? in linkin park? I wasnt aware of anything they made that would lead you to believe their next album would be something to look forward to.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #1549
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Bingo Ninkobei, bingo
Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #1550
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Trash Inc. - Punk Rock Chick

Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #1551
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

t-es-to!
t-es-to!
t-es-to!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #1552
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

The White Stripes - Jolene
Coldplay - Warning Sign

Old 05-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #1553
untitled
Golden Member

Lily Allen - Alright, Still (Awesome, diverse Brit-pop album with mature lyrical content. I rather like it.)

Sarah Jaffe (I downloaded some songs from her myspace page and I must say, this very young lady has some very serious talent - and she's local to DFW, so that's nice.)

Elliott Smith - New Moon (So pumped about this one. I think I like it better than Basement on the Hill, but that's to be expected because I really love early-to-middle era Elliott Smith. Beautiful music, to be sure.)

Faceless Werewolves - Medium Freaky (Formerly from Denton, now Austin-based garage rock band's debut - three members, three singers, two females, zero bass guitars. It's very solid, and I'd be willing to bet the live show kicks ass.)
Old 05-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #1554
sike
The Preacha

Ben Folds - Rocking the Suburbs

Old 05-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #1555
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

paul wall get money stay true, much better than his last cd i must say
Old 05-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #1556
I_am_Queens_Blvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
disappointed? in linkin park? I wasnt aware of anything they made that would lead you to believe their next album would be something to look forward to.

Hybrid Theory is probably one of the top 5 albums of the last decade...
"Well we're all getting excited to see this fight. The Albany branch is working right through lunch to prevent downsizing, but Michael - he decided to extend lunch by an hour so we can all go down to the dojo and watch him fight Dwight."
Old 05-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #1557
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last 10 years have seen:

Radiohead - OK Computer, Kid A
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Outkast - Aquemeni
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
The Strokes - Is This It
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Tom Waits - Alice
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
White Stripes - White Blood Cells, De Stijl, Elephant
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

and that's off the top of my head. There are a ton of better albums out there, and I used to be a big LP fan.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #1558
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
eh, thats the beauty about music I guess.. everyone is right. Personally I wouldnt put Linkin on top 500 albums of the last decade..
Old 05-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #1559
I_am_Queens_Blvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last 10 years have seen:

Radiohead - OK Computer, Kid A
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over the Sea
Outkast - Aquemeni
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
The Strokes - Is This It
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights
Tom Waits - Alice
The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium
White Stripes - White Blood Cells, De Stijl, Elephant
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

and that's off the top of my head. There are a ton of better albums out there, and I used to be a big LP fan.
You could argue that about half of those bands you listed have the exact same sound...and I know it's obvious that indie rock is the only kind of music that matters and is supposedly "cool," (even though the majority of the music listening population has never heard of the bands nor their music), but your list only holds up to the readers of Spin and Rolling Stone, even including the token reference to Radiohead and Outkast to make it seem justifiable.

I know hating nu-metal, rap/rock bands is in right now, but the fact remains everyone and their mom bought a copy of Hybrid Theory when it came out, and there has been nothing before or after that sounds anything like it. But ya know, different strokes for different folks...

Back to the point of the thread...Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children
Old 05-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #1560
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Quote:
You could argue that about half of those bands you listed have the exact same sound...and I know it's obvious that indie rock is the only kind of music that matters and is supposedly "cool," (even though the majority of the music listening population has never heard of the bands nor their music), but your list only holds up to the readers of Spin and Rolling Stone, even including the token reference to Radiohead and Outkast to make it seem justifiable.

I know hating nu-metal, rap/rock bands is in right now, but the fact remains everyone and their mom bought a copy of Hybrid Theory when it came out, and there has been nothing before or after that sounds anything like it. But ya know, different strokes for different folks...

Back to the point of the thread...Gym Class Heroes - As Cruel As School Children
Ahh, so you attack Indie rock instead of arguing how LP is better than those bands that Saltwater listed.
How about some evidence that LP is better than at least 4 of those bands? How about some reference to their simple licks and mainstream sound?

Anyway I love a good argument, especially over an opinionated subject..

Modest Mouse: We were dead before the ship even sank. (A+++)

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here