Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-02-2021, 11:50 PM   #1201
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Noted. I gotcha down for 1 told ya so! But you wrote "just popping to say". Imo "just popping IN to say..." would have been best, so I award you half credit for it.

B+
Haha thanks for the mulligan
Old 02-02-2021, 11:54 PM   #1202
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/30822146

[ESPN] Zach Lowe: "Luka has become one of the biggest whiners in the NBA. It's constant, every time he drives he is whining. He spent so much energy whining to the referees and slumping his shoulders to teammates, it sucked the life of the team many times"
My biggest critique of Luka to date. It has so many long instilling effects. In some capacity, you have to let the ref know. But he is constant in his whining that it's the boy who cried wolf. Needs to find a better, smarter way of working with the officials, or he will forever be a James Harden type. Phenomenal numbers with nothing to show for it.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:17 AM   #1203
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Im guessing the Lowe quote made it down to Luka. I dont recall any prolonged complaining tonight.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:25 PM   #1204
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

On Friday during their game against the New Orleans Pelicans, Luka became the third-fastest player to reach 4,000 points. He’s just behind Michael Jordan and Shaquille O’Neal in the list.

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-l...int-milestone/
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #1205
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
On Friday during their game against the New Orleans Pelicans, Luka became the third-fastest player to reach 4,000 points. He’s just behind Michael Jordan and Shaquille O’Neal in the list.

Wow!
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:43 PM   #1206
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Luka has been named an All Star starter for the 2nd straight year.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:40 AM   #1207
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Isaac Harris@IsaacLHarris
Luka Doncic this season
29.1 ppg (career high)
9.4 apg (career high)
8.6 rpg
47% FG (career high)
33% 3P (career high)
79% FT (career high)
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:03 PM   #1208
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

‘Carbon Copy’
By Marc Stein

Cedric Maxwell played for six seasons and won two N.B.A. championships alongside Larry Bird in Boston. He was named the most valuable player of the finals in 1981. So you listen intently when someone like Maxwell refers to Bird in assessing the Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Doncic.

“You can quote me: This is Larry Bird reincarnated,” Maxwell said.

Maxwell told me this last August, after watching Doncic beat the Los Angeles Clippers in the playoffs with an icy 3-pointer at the overtime buzzer that has been replayed over and over, and he said it again as he prepared for a radio broadcast of the Celtics’ game on Tuesday at Dallas.

“This would be Larry Bird of the 2020s,” Maxwell said, “exactly how he would play now.”

Maxwell’s latter statement has been my go-to linkage between these two whenever the subject comes up. Bird was a true forward in a different era, joined in the Boston frontcourt by the larger Kevin McHale and Robert Parish. While Doncic, at 6-foot-7 and 230 pounds, is built similarly to Bird (6-9, 220 pounds), he has been a triple-double-stacking point guard almost from the minute he set foot in the Mavericks’ practice facility in September 2018.

As a child of the 1970s and ’80s who romanticizes those days above all others in N.B.A. history, I like to imagine what it would be like to watch Bird playing Doncic-style — with the ball in his hands so much more to probe and create, and the freedom to shoot 10 3-pointers per game. In his 13 seasons with the Celtics, Bird averaged at least three 3-point attempts per game just three times.

The problem: As frequently as white players are measured against Bird, comparing on-the-rise prospects and even emerging greats like Doncic to one of the game’s icons is invariably tricky. Making such comparisons is one of the most instinctual aspects of basketball fandom and, at the same time, that reflex can put too much focus on the immeasurable. For all the similarities you can see in their ability to pass, rebound, shoot from distance and control the game, Doncic and Bird are limited edition, one-of-one originals.

White N.B.A. players are often compared to Larry Bird, but Luka Doncic does share some of Bird’s do-it-all talent. Yet that’s what made the chats with Maxwell so entertaining. I am stubbornly measured. He’s no holds barred. Maxwell leaned into the notion that Doncic “is a carbon copy of Larry.” After an association with the N.B.A. that has spanned more than 40 years, he maintains that “comparison is good” — daunting (and downright damaging) as it has been for too many failed Next Jordans to list.

“Luka is better than Larry was at that age,” Maxwell said of Doncic, who turns 22 on Sunday. “The biggest thing is that there’s an arrogance, a cockiness, that Luka has that is directly out of the bloodstream of Larry Bird.”

Doncic turned pro at 16 with the Spanish power Real Madrid, where he developed a maturity beyond his years. Bird was 22 when he scored 14 points in his N.B.A. debut.

Another key contrast: Doncic didn’t land with a franchise as close to title contention as Bird and, in Year 3, finds himself in his most challenging stretch since he reached the N.B.A.

After the buzzer-beater that toppled the Clippers and so much more from Doncic in last summer’s bubble at Walt Disney World, he began the season among the favorites for Most Valuable Player Award honors, with Dallas similarly expected to push for a top-four seed in the West. At 14-15 entering Tuesday’s play, Doncic’s Mavericks would probably be branded the league’s most disappointing team if not for the Celtics, who are just 15-15 after blowing a 24-point lead on Sunday in New Orleans.

Doncic remains as brilliant as ever, averaging 28.8 points, 8.6 rebounds and 9.3 assists per game, but numerous issues recently dragged the Mavericks into a 3-10 funk. They made improvement on defense an off-season priority but have tumbled to 25th in the league in defensive efficiency. They have slumped to 25th in 3-point shooting. There have been numerous coronavirus-related lineup disruptions: Four key rotation players not named Doncic (Kristaps Porzingis, Josh Richardson, Dorian Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber) have missed at least nine games each. Porzingis’s mobility after off-season knee surgery has been slow to reload, especially defensively, and the team misses the chemistry influence of the veteran J.J. Barea, who now plays in Spain.

At the Mavericks’ low point, they had lost 12 consecutive one-possession games before Doncic and Golden State’s Stephen Curry staged an irresistible duel on Feb. 6 from which Dallas escaped with a 134-132 victory. Doncic said afterward that it was the first time in a long time that he played with sufficient joy and said he needed “to have more fun playing the game to be who I was before.” The win launched a promising 4-1 surge before the Mavericks were forced into a week off by a horrendous winter storm that ravaged Texas for days.

Doncic’s body language and complaints to referees have been talking points all season. He acknowledged in a recent interview with ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith that he has to improve his deportment with officials, saying that losing “makes you do things you don’t want to do.” Doncic said last week that Portland’s Damian Lillard, whose team has exceeded expectations despite key injuries, deserved a starting spot in the All-Star Game “more than me.”

The onus is on Dallas management to put the right pieces around Doncic. McHale and Parish arrived in Bird’s second season, giving the Celtics a Hall of Fame threesome that provided the backbone for teams that won three championships and made five trips to the N.B.A. finals in seven seasons. The Mavericks’ quest is moving slower.

Yet even if they get it right, that will demand more from their centerpiece.

“Larry had another gear that I’m waiting to see Luka come up with, and that’s the leadership role,” Maxwell said.

Doncic still has room to grow as an on-court leader for a Dallas team still finding its way. He has been criticized at times for his body language. Doncic, of course, is not even the first Maverick from Europe to be relentlessly compared to Bird. Dirk Nowitzki, who changed the power forward position forever with his ability to face the basket, shoot the 3-pointer with ease and draw big men out of the paint, was described for two decades as a 7-foot Bird.

“I was always super humbled and honored to be compared to Larry Legend, but I never tried to think about it that much,” Nowitzki said Monday. “I never tried to live up to his career and put pressure on myself that way. I tried to focus more on paving my own way and finding what works for me.”

Doncic is equally modest when reporters bring up Bird or other well-known players he has passed on his way to tie for No. 12 in career triple-doubles (32). But this is basketball. Resistance is futile because comparisons are what we do — constantly.

The season was one game old when Maxwell got swept up in Luka mania. After a cheeky Doncic assist in the paint to Finney-Smith that flummoxed Phoenix’s Deandre Ayton and the rest of the Suns’ defense, Maxwell tweeted: “Hello Larry Joe Bird. Wow. I received one or two of those passes in my day.”

Any such commentary on Tuesday night will come from afar. Because of travel restrictions for N.B.A. broadcasters during the coronavirus pandemic, Maxwell and Sean Grande will be calling the game from a studio in Boston rather than in American Airlines Center in Dallas.

“When you go by one name, that tells you who you are in this league,” Maxwell said. “All you’ve got to say is Luka.”

Last edited by MFFL; 02-23-2021 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:56 PM   #1209
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Bird was before my time, but I've watched enough of him over the years to get a good feel for his game, I think. I honestly don't see the comparison. Other than being big white guys, the only thing I think they really have in common is the passing. But Bird didn't have Luka's otherworldly ball-handling, and Luka doesn't have Bird's dead-eye shooting. Now if Bird played today, would he play just like Luka and be the primary ball-handler? Maybe. But I honestly do think the Luka-Bird comparisons are due to them both being white. You who got got compared to Bird probably more than any other player in the last 30 years? Dirk. And Dirk and Luka are virtually nothing alike. Dirk at least played the same position as Bird and was also a historically great shooter.

All that being said, getting compared to Bird is about the highest compliment a player can get, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:02 AM   #1210
MFFL
Guru

If it was anyone other than Cornbread Maxwell I would ignore the comparison. But he played next to Bird and won titles with him

I think the main thing the two have in common is their otherworldly feel for the game. They both seem to be playing 3-D chess while most of the rest of the NBA plays checkers
Old 02-24-2021, 12:20 AM   #1211
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
If it was anyone other than Cornbread Maxwell I would ignore the comparison. But he played next to Bird and won titles with him

I think the main thing the two have in common is their otherworldly feel for the game. They both seem to be playing 3-D chess while most of the rest of the NBA plays checkers
Hear hear!
Old 02-24-2021, 12:25 AM   #1212
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:

Good point. I think that inner fire and drive to win and compete is also there.
Imagine if English was Lukas first language. You think he might do more trash talking?
Bird was famous for talking $hit and backing it up.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #1213
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-24-2021 at 09:11 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #1214
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Also since the media went bonkers over Luka getting into the all star game over Dame

Luka 2-0
Dame 0-3

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-24-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:47 AM   #1215
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Bird was before my time, but I've watched enough of him over the years to get a good feel for his game, I think. I honestly don't see the comparison. Other than being big white guys, the only thing I think they really have in common is the passing. But Bird didn't have Luka's otherworldly ball-handling, and Luka doesn't have Bird's dead-eye shooting. Now if Bird played today, would he play just like Luka and be the primary ball-handler? Maybe. But I honestly do think the Luka-Bird comparisons are due to them both being white. You who got got compared to Bird probably more than any other player in the last 30 years? Dirk. And Dirk and Luka are virtually nothing alike. Dirk at least played the same position as Bird and was also a historically great shooter.

All that being said, getting compared to Bird is about the highest compliment a player can get, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
I think it's a pretty fair comparison Luka to Bird. Obviously part of it is because they're white and are incredibly effective without being the most explosive leapers on the floor, unlike Lebron. I could easily see Bird play point forward like Luka if it was more common back then. The game has evolved and things have become new norm such as the amount of 3's taken, including Bigs letting it rip from outside.

Bird averaged 24p/10r/6a career.
Luka 25p/8r/9a career

Aside from Birds rookie year, he didn't shoot the 3 as well as most remember about his career. Luka is a better 3pt shooter at this point in their careers through 2 1/3 seasons, and he takes tougher step backs, or off the dribble 3s. Bird took a huge leap in 3pt% in his 5th year going from .247 to .427. If Luka could achieve that level increase he would skyrocket.

When I use parts of legendary players to build Luka, I would start with Bird, Magic and a bit of JKidd. Harden may not be considered a legend yet but he will be and I might finish the build with him. Lebron and Jordan are just too athletic in the way of explosive leaping or high flyers to put in the build. If Luka had that he would be literally unstoppable.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:26 PM   #1216
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Carlisle played with Bird to....

He's made references in the past that parts of Luka game/style of play reminds him of Bird.

But he said he doesn't want to put that type of pressure on Luka.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:14 PM   #1217
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Harden may not be considered a legend yet but he will be and I might finish the build with him.
Harden might not be a legend like Bird, Magic, or Jordan, but he's a legend like Gervin, Karl Malone, or Barkley. If he ends his career without a title, he'd be a very, very strong contender for best player to never win.

And for my money, Harden still is by far the best comparison for Luka. Luka is Harden 2.0. He's a bigger Harden with even better playmaking (and that's saying something because Harden is a phenomenal playmaker.) He's not quite the shooter than Harden is, but he makes up for it with pretty much everything else.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-26-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #1218
MFFL
Guru

From the Athletic rating of young players. Luka was the only Tier 1 player

+++

TIER ONE: PLAYERS WHO COULD BE THE BEST PLAYER ON A TITLE TEAM RIGHT NOW UNDER THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES

1. Luka Doncic | 6-8 guard, 21 years old | Dallas Mavericks | Contract: 2 years, $18.2 million, restricted in 2022 | PR: 1
Old 02-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #1219
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Luka -
in 10 February games is shooting
48.4% from the field,*
44.7% from 3-point range.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:29 PM   #1220
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Loving Luka! I love how we got a starting All-Star in him. I cannot wait until we get a Team Luka for All-Star weekend. Speaking of teams at All-Star weekend. How's Team Durant going to work out? Domantas Sabonis is his replacement. Now does Durant get first pick because of this? Or is Sabonis automatically a member of his team? I am more curious towards how it works for selecting the starters for both teams. Normally it's just the 10 guys voted in, but now that one is unavailable to play for both sides, and one happens to be a captain that just makes it more interesting.

Edit: I see Tatum is Durant's replacement as the starter. Also I forgot that Davis wasn't voted in as a starter, which really surprises me. However, I'm less surprised after looking at his stats.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 02-26-2021 at 08:34 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:50 PM   #1221
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Ya but the Hawks got a replacement level player in Cam Reddish as part of the trade.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:48 PM   #1222
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Weak showing in the skills challenge by Luka. It's really a dumb event imo

Old 03-07-2021, 09:10 PM   #1223
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Weak showing in the skills challenge by Luka. It's really a dumb event imo
You have 1-2 guys every year that actually try. Luka was not one of them. He’s really not touching the ball in the AS game either.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:15 PM   #1224
Melonhead
Guru

I know Luka just kind of chilling out there, but he looks stiff like his back really is bothering him. He did dunk so maybe not
Old 03-09-2021, 01:02 AM   #1225
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:

Age? or Games Played? if that latter, they are missing someone from that list:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/player/...8/career-stats
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:04 AM   #1226
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
You have 1-2 guys every year that actually try. Luka was not one of them. He’s really not touching the ball in the AS game either.
Well, look at how he plays on the Mavs. He dominates the ball. With CP3 and others there in the All Star game, that's not going to happen, leaving Luka as a spot up shooter
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #1227
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Well, look at how he plays on the Mavs. He dominates the ball. With CP3 and others there in the All Star game, that's not going to happen, leaving Luka as a spot up shooter
It wasn’t really a complaint. Just more of an observation. Luka doesn’t seem to really care. He’s just enjoying his time there hanging out with Joker and Vuc from Orlando.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:54 PM   #1228
BPo001
Diamond Member

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
The NBA’s top jersey sellers in the season’s first half:

1. LeBron James
2. Luka Doncic
3. Kevin Durant
4. Stephen Curry
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo
Old 03-23-2021, 09:24 PM   #1229
BPo001
Diamond Member

Luka Doncic was awarded with the highest distinction that Real Madrid can give by being named an honorary member of the club. Doncic joined the Real Madrid academies when he was 13 years old.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #1230
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CQ0N96SgCA

nice breakdown of how Luka attacks defenses - 7 minutes
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #1231
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Luka player of the week again
Old 04-23-2021, 06:27 PM   #1232
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/sta...177408518?s=20
Old 04-23-2021, 06:27 PM   #1233
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/sta...177408518?s=20

No player in the league is doubled more

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-23-2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:24 PM   #1234
MFFL
Guru

And no player gets hammered more in those double teams without a call

Last edited by MFFL; 04-24-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:06 PM   #1235
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Luka and Beal are players of the week for week 18
Old 05-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #1236
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

copy paste characters
Old 05-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #1237
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-02-2021 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #1238
BPo001
Diamond Member

1 more T and Luka is automatically suspended for a game. Any wagers on how long until that happens? Hopefully the league reversed the 2nd T from last night since it was BS.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:40 PM   #1239
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
1 more T and Luka is automatically suspended for a game. Any wagers on how long until that happens? Hopefully the league reversed the 2nd T from last night since it was BS.
If he threw the ball the length of the court, how is it not a tech?

Old 05-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #1240
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

I think it may be a great thing for him to get another technical soon and be suspended for 1 game. It'll help to reinforce what his emotions are doing not just to himself but to the TEAM.