Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold
Default The NO major trade camp - I'm in.

I think this deserves it's own thread. I am of the belief that a major trade will impact the chemistry of the team. Especially for a guy like Melo, who has never been known to be character, team first, kind of player. The team seems to be hitting it's stride and I don't think we've seen the team peak yet. Our offense has been looking incredible, and the scary part is, it might even get more efficient as we near the playoffs. Our defense is not on par with where it was at before all the injuries piled up but the team is slowly working to find the rhythm on that end and we've seen progress over these last few weeks. I'm scared of trading Roddy away because I think he can become a very special player and it's getting hard to argue against this, not only because of the way we've seen him play but the way his team mates talk about the kid.

I was just listening to The Ticket and they mentioned somebody asking Carlisle about who has the best BBIQ on the team and it basically boiled down to Kidd and Roddy (1 and 1A). I was shocked to hear this, but even more shocked to have this come from Carlisle's mouth. From what I've read/heard; Roddy is an incredibly hard worker and student of the game, constantly picking at Jason Kidds brain and infusing himself with as much bball knowledge as possible. His team mates love him, the fans love him... don't mess with a good thing.

Chemistry is hard thing to achieve and I believe bringing somebody like Melo will actually impact the team in a negative way. I'm all for making a small move before the deadline to bring in another role player but please... no major trades. I don't think I have ever seen a Mavs team like this one, where all the players have a level of continuity, trust in each other, and of course unselfishness: taking sacrifices for the betterment of the team. I don't know if we'll make it to the finals but for the first time in a long time I believe that we have a group that is CAPABLE of making it.

Last edited by tsar; 02-17-2011 at 12:03 PM.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another cadban meltdown, cadban can't help himself, cadban knows dick, cadban returns!, cadbane likes poles, cadbane vs. the world, check out my new thread!!, everyoneiswrongbutme, look at me i'm important, mommatheregoesthatman, return of the quack!