Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #41
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
If you want to show the league, then you have to have an enforcer that is expecting to get suspended.
The thing is, almost every player on Denver is an enforcer and they're pretty much allowed to do whatever they want and they don't have to worry about fouls or suspension.

On the other hand, assuming Dallas did have 1 enforcer, that guy would instantly foul out and get suspended for doing the same things. That's what has ALWAYS happened to Dallas whenever anyone on the team steps up to try and fill that role. Heck, Ryan Hollins got called just for celebrating his dunk in the general vincinity of Tim Duncan. Imagine if he'd actually give him a hard foul.

Last edited by cinemablend; 05-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #42
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Enough is enough...take it to Denver with full physical force.

I'm not talking about injuring anyone, but I am talking about being extremely physical.

If the refs call fouls against Dallas, then so be it...I would love to see EVERYONE on the Mavs FOUL OUT!!! Make sure that the level of officiating is so horrible that it forces the NBA to stop!!!

Heck, I think the fans should jump into the action when the games come back to Dallas.

BOOOO the officials and anytime anyone from the NBA office is seen, launch the verbal booing!!! If I recall, back in the old days, when a play was being performed and the performance was horrible, the audience would throw rotten food at the actors on the stage. So, use the rotten food from the arena and throw it at the refs!!!

Again...NO FIGHTS...but make a huge statement!!!

Force the NBA to either CALL the fouls...or kick the Mavs out of the league...it doesn't matter!!!
Good post.

I agree. The Mavs can't stand around and cry about it to the refs the whole game. Just be as physical as possible but play smart. Make the refs and the NBA look bad. If the refs call the fouls, so be it. I'd rather the Mavs be the more physical team since they are not as talented as Denver.

No crappy touch fouls though.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #43
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Good post.

I agree. The Mavs can't stand around and cry about it to the refs the whole game. Just be as physical as possible but play smart. Make the refs and the NBA look bad. If the refs call the fouls, so be it. I'd rather the Mavs be the more physical team since they are not as talented as Denver.

No crappy touch fouls though.
I really can't understand why everyone thinks we will be allowed to get "Physical". They were calling touch fouls and phantom fouls out there. What do you think is gunna happen if we start playing physical? Guys are gunna start fouling out. The refs simply aren't gunna let us play that style. And I don't even think that style favors us to be honest.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #44
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That is the problem.. there is no way in hell that the Mavs would be allowed to get away with as much contact on defense as Denver is...

What exactly do you do?

I suppose you continue to attack and hope that the officiating isn't as bad next game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a bigger question is...What do the Mavs do with Nene? He was the one unstoppable offensive force for the Nuggets (besides the fastbreak). He absolutely killed Dampier. They did it a variety of different ways whether it was off of his dribble, out of the post, off of dribble penetration or whatnot. Many times, they ran the pick and roll, and Damp was lost trying to guard him that far away from the bucket... Or they'd pick and roll and pop it out to someone wide open beyond the arc although the shot wasn't hit..

What do the Mavs do about Nene?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #46
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

But don't you think that if the Mavs match the Nuggets physicality the refs would have to step in and call a more even game in order to prevent an escalation? I don't think they would have a choice as long as the Mavs stuck with it. As for fouling out, who cares? If the game is already so lopsided you might as well get your moneys worth.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #47
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Officiating will be better from here on out IMO.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #48
johnnydb

johnnydb is on a distinguished road
Default Dallas Mavericks say they must toughen up to stay with Nuggets

Interesting article

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...nttlahpfWtNiPg

So, the Dallas Mavericks want to toughen up to hang with the NBA's new "Bad Boys"?

Dirk Nowitzki knows better. "I don't think we can play as physical as them. We don't have the personality for it," Dallas' centre acknowledged Monday, 24 hours after getting knocked around like a pinball in a 109-95 loss to Denver.

The rough-and-tumble Nuggets were quicker, stronger, tougher and much more athletic than the Mavericks in the opener of their second-round series that left Dallas' players grabbing more bags of ice than usual and their coach threatening to rat out the officials to the league.

On Monday, Dallas coach Rick Carlisle backed down, declaring: "The officials didn't lose the game for us yesterday. We lost the game because we turned the ball over too much and we were too soft in our physical disposition."

So, the Mavericks have been searching for ways to match Denver's aggression.

The thing is, the Mavericks are a team of jump-shooters, they don't attack the rim like the Nuggets do.

So, Nuggets coach George Karl is expecting the Mavericks to tighten the screws in other areas in Game 2 Tuesday night.

"I think they can fine-tune some little things, but if they're going to change their personality on who they are, I don't think that's the way to beat us," Karl said.

"I think you've come here, you've built yourself on some damn good players playing a style, and you can tinker with that, and I think they will."

Carlisle didn't tip his hand, but Karl said he expects the Mavs to put Antoine Wright or James Singleton on the floor more often to keep a defender on both Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith.

The Nuggets forced 20 turnovers in Game 1, outshot the Mavericks 36-13 from the foul line, outhustled them 29-4 on fastbreak points and outmuscled them 58-30 in the paint.

So, why not drive to the hoop more often?

"We don't have the personality they do physical-wise," Nowitzki said. "We've just got to pick it up a little bit in that area, be stronger with the ball, even if we have a smaller lineup out there.

"Just got to get ready. If you're ready to be hit and not be surprised by it, I think we're better off."

Plus, one of Dallas' best slashers is Josh Howard, who is now playing on two sprained ankles that limit his cutting ability.

The Mavericks say they have to ratchet up their aggression, but will buffing up their game play right into the Nuggets' hands?

"Our big expression is they are jump shooters, we are scorers," Karl said. "We want to make them try to penetrate and try to be scorers and make decisions."

And more mistakes.

Dallas sixth man Jason Terry said the Mavericks have no choice but to stand up to the bullying.

"That's the type of game that's going to win the series," Terry said. "If you look at winning, championship basketball, it's all about who's the aggressor.

"Coming off the San Antonio series where we were the aggressor, we came in here and we were kind of on our heels."

And backs.

"Look for us to be in the attack mode from the tip tomorrow night," Terry said.

"We're going to be a lot more aggressive tomorrow, too," countered Nuggets floor leader Chauncey Billups.

Karl said he knows the Nuggets are going to get Dallas' best shot in Game 2.

"My whole feeling is tomorrow night will be as hard as Dallas will play against us unless we have a Game 7," Karl said. "I think they all know how important the game will be.

"I don't think they want to try to win four out of five games against us."

Karl, however, laughs at the notion that the Nuggets are the NBA's new Bad Boys like Bill Laimbeer's Detroit Pistons of the 1980s, even though Kenyon Martin was fined US$25,000 for throwing Nowitzki to the floor in the first quarter Sunday.

"I think we're an aggressive team," Karl said. "I kind of think it's funny that we're being called the bully, tough-minded team that last year was labelled the emotionally chaotic, dysfunctional team."
johnnydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
I really can't understand why everyone thinks we will be allowed to get "Physical". They were calling touch fouls and phantom fouls out there. What do you think is gunna happen if we start playing physical? Guys are gunna start fouling out. The refs simply aren't gunna let us play that style. And I don't even think that style favors us to be honest.

The point is we are getting touch fouls, turn those into hard fouls. At least make them count. You can't say that the refs aren't gonna let us play that style. Sounds pretty pitiful.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #50
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Stern wants a Melo vs Kobe WCF. Frankly, were done. Our only chance of winning a championship falls on Cuban donating a billion to the NBA's favorite charity.

Dirk is the only white guy to ever show an inkling of off the chart basketball skill since the days of Larry Bird. Stern figures that Europe is too soccer lustful to ever take basketball on as the #1 sport, so he screws Dirk and the chance to bring basketball to new heights in Europe. Dirk gets beat up beyond belief, and frankly it ruins the NBA for me! Whannh Wanhhh!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #51
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
What should the Mavs do? Anyone with any type of intelligence at all would agree that the Mavs are in a bad situation...
1. The Nuggets are allowed to pound on any Mavs that takes the ball to the rim often with no call
2. The Nuggets are the recipients of many, many touch fouls when they take the ball to the rim.

What should the Mavs do? Some are upset about the complaining over the officials. Hell, I for one believe that all three officials should be caned after what I saw during the first half of game 1. But how do the Mavs attack Denver? Does anyone believe that if they're even more aggressive that the officials will begin to give the Mavs the benefit of the doubt on the defensive end? I question that considering how many ticky-tack fouls the nuggets were the beneficiary of.... Should the Mavs keep attacking the rim regardless of what's called and what is not?

I'm just curious.. Honestly, if the game is called similar to as it was in the first half of game 1, the Mavs are in deep trouble. I suppose the first thing to do is to not turn the ball over so much which turned into numerous fast break points..

But, what do they do?

Out of curiousity....how long will you continue to complain about the officiating? When it evens out...and it will...will you be just as "objective" on the calls that are poorly called the other way, but benefit the Mavs?

I realize I am not objective...but I don't think the game was officiated nearly as badly as you do. I suspect...it's somewhere in the middle.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #52
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

F that fining Kmart BS. How about you just call the fouls in the game. Fining him doesn't do a single thing to benefit the Mavs.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #53
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
F that fining Kmart BS. How about you just call the fouls in the game. Fining him doesn't do a single thing to benefit the Mavs.

A foul was called on that play.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #54
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNugs View Post
A foul was called on that play.
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks. I wasn't talking about the dozens other non-calls or anything...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #55
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
. blah. . blah . . When it evens out...and it will...
you've not yet been on the bad end of a series in which the calls didn't even out.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #56
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Enough is enough...take it to Denver with full physical force.

I'm not talking about injuring anyone, but I am talking about being extremely physical.

If the refs call fouls against Dallas, then so be it...I would love to see EVERYONE on the Mavs FOUL OUT!!! Make sure that the level of officiating is so horrible that it forces the NBA to stop!!!

Heck, I think the fans should jump into the action when the games come back to Dallas.

BOOOO the officials and anytime anyone from the NBA office is seen, launch the verbal booing!!! If I recall, back in the old days, when a play was being performed and the performance was horrible, the audience would throw rotten food at the actors on the stage. So, use the rotten food from the arena and throw it at the refs!!!

Again...NO FIGHTS...but make a huge statement!!!

Force the NBA to either CALL the fouls...or kick the Mavs out of the league...it doesn't matter!!!

wow, stay classy Dallas
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #57
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Denver’s aggression is eerily similar to what we saw a couple of years ago from Golden State which is troubling. That being said I don’t think we need to make any changes, just be strong with the ball and deliberate in our movements. Granted they’re getting away with a lot of reaching and grabbing but if we play stronger a lot of those turnovers will take care of themselves. The goal is to make them have to have to hack you so hard that the refs can’t overlook it. A few of those missed calls still shouldn’t have been turnovers and I’m sure the players would tell you that (at least I hope they would).

Almost 90 games into the season we are what we are so to try to out Denver Dever would be foolish. We can’t match their physicality. Like Carlisle said after the game, we have to do what we do better than they do what they do. It’s really that simple. They had about 8 more FTA’s per game than we did in the regular season so the FT discrepancy, while is should get closer, probably won’t even out. Still with that they won 4 more games than we did and they had the same record as the Spurs (bottom of the league in FTA’s). I don’t think that will decide this series.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #58
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

If the MAVS can keep the turnovers to a minimum the Nuggets fast break points will be a non factor. I would like to see the MAVS double teaming Nene and Kmart in the post, these guys are not the best passers in the world and it should create a lot of steals and misses.

Be physical specially with Melo and JR, these two seen to unrattle when things dont go their way.

When Birdman is on the game guarding Dirk, keep Dirk in the 3 point line and make him a jumpshooter, if the Birdman is not playing close to the basket his rebounding and blocks are non existent.

The MAVS dont need major adjustments to win this series.

GO MAVS
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

We could REALLY use Stackhouse from 3-4 years ago in this series...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #60
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

OR if we had the Kidd and Stack from 5 or 6 years ago!

Old 05-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
OR if we had the Kidd and Stack from 5 or 6 years ago!
No, I just mean we need a player that can do what Stack used to do for this team...

We need a scrapper - this squad has no balls...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #62
SMC0007
Guru

YEah I know where you were going with that. I guess I could have worded that better. I'm adding that Kidd was more aggressive in driving back then and that could help too. He was Definitely a better finisher then.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #63
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever watch Kurt Rambis play ball for the Lakers?

That is what I am talking about.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #64
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
What you're missing is WHY the Mavs didn't take it to the hole more. They tried, they tried a lot in the first half. When they did, they'd get hammered, ended up on the floor (sometimes before they could even get a shot up), no foul would be called, and Denver would run off down the floor on a breakaway.

Now how many times do you do that before you give up and try something else?
Foul differential 29-19? There were definitely a handful of fouls we didn't get in the first half, which discouraged us from attacking, it's the nature of the game. I felt the non flagrant call on KMart changed the tide of the game, the refs were swallowing the whistles on one side and didn't use it on the other....out of sheer reputation decided the game. I also felt the non calls should have escalated at least for the Mavs, take a swing or an extra shove when you go to the hole, grab a leg while you're on the ground. when you set a pick, grab the guy's jersey, force the issue with the refs, don't curl up, got to toughen up. Dampier should have at least gotten into KMart's face, or even Kidd. Different game, different night, different refs. Denver won jungle ball, lets see what we get in Game 2.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #65
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

My suggestion:

Dirk needs to cover every square inch of his body with tatoos, develop a bad drug habit, gel his hair up to a spike, learn some gang signs, and don a headband and a shooting sleeve. The TNT crew will love him and the refs will respect him.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #66
Thnikkaman
Banned

Thnikkaman is infamous around these parts

Dirk just needs to grow a pair.
Thnikkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #67
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
Dirk Nowitzki is an elite player because he is one of the most efficient scorers in the league. It's a shame how American culture refuses to accept this.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #68
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FAIL. Your Star player ran away from 5 foot7 Nate robinson. Carmelo is the one who needs to grow a pair.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #69
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Out of curiousity....how long will you continue to complain about the officiating? When it evens out...and it will...will you be just as "objective" on the calls that are poorly called the other way, but benefit the Mavs?

I realize I am not objective...but I don't think the game was officiated nearly as badly as you do. I suspect...it's somewhere in the middle.
06-Refs
07-Nellie
08-Avery
09-???

Appears to be a three year rotation.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #70
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Because 28-10-4 on over 50% shooting just won't get it done.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #71
ray_sir_6

ray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
Keep driving hard.
It may take some blood and it may take some injury but even referees cannot maintain blatant bias if the Mavs are throwing it up there on national tv over and over. Then again Wade got away with it long enough to win a championship.

It is a difficult spot.
Yeah, Wade and the Heat, and then Davis and GS did it. Those two series made me sick. I still remember one play where Terry was guarding Davis, and he was not even within arms reach, and he turned around BEFORE Davis shot the ball, and then they hit Terry with a foul. You could barely see Terry in the replays, and definitely no contact, cause, like I said before, he wasn't within arms-reach!
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #72
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

Could we maybe switch rosters for a few games??
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #73
Murphy3
Guru

Well, I suppose it's up to the Mavs to win at home.. which they did a great job of late in the season.

It's not over yet.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #74
dnkbro

dnkbro is on a distinguished road

In order to beat the Nuggets, the Mavericks need to do the following:

1) Slow down the pace of the game. I know it is a double-edged sword, but the Mavs can not, by any means, give the Nuggets fast break points. Slowing down the pace and grinding the game out is the best the Mavericks can do because the Nuggets are a more athletic team.
2) Limit easy buckets. This ties into slowing down the pace. Allowing the Nuggets to run you out of your gym and get easy layups is almost a guaranteed loss. This ties in with athleticism.
3) Get Nene and Melo into foul trouble. Taking them out of the game will swing the game in favor of the Mavericks. In order to achieve this, simply run pick and rolls and wait for the Nuggets to switch. Because Denver switches out every pick and roll, getting Melo on Dirk and Nene on Dirk is a piece of cake.
4) Limit turnovers. Self-explanatory. Denver is good in forcing turnovers so limiting them makes their defense a low lot less effecient.
5) Knock down the open shots. The Mavericks are a jump-shooting team. You guys need to hit the open shot if you want to win the game.
6) Stop giving up easy 3s. JR Smith, Billups, and Melo should NEVER be allowed to take an uncontested 3, they will torch anyone on any given night.
7) Don't lose composure. Denver is a team that plays in spurts. Limit their runs and continue to chip away and the game will be much easier to win.
There are other ways to beat the Nuggets but those are the main ones.
dnkbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #75
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Limit layups and protect the paint. We're making it way too easy on them by giving up so many points in the paint.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #76
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
We could REALLY use Stackhouse from 3-4 years ago in this series...
We could also use 'gana from 3 years ago....somebody that could actually do something on the defensive interior other than fight for post position (ie, damp).

Tags
but is he the god?, filthy taggots, got a bit fluffy in here, hiding from murph, look at me im important, look@mypointlesthred.com, murph is a god, underdog is a god in bed, underdog=birdman