Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-17-2001, 08:42 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Last game of the season..until the playoffs that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] When was the last time any of us got to say that?! The Mavs have played poorly the last couple outtings, so hopefully they'll turn it up before heading into the post-season. Mavs 107, Pups 99
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2001, 08:44 PM   #2
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Wolves 105, Mavs 104
Old 04-17-2001, 08:46 PM   #3
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets are spanking the Pups right now btw. 65-52 at the half.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:55 PM   #4
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

if Utah looses tonight, then it will be a different game, for the small chance that we will get a playoff spot. If Utah wins I can see both teams not playing their starters for much, trying to get them rested up for the playoffs
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 10:00 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

Houston just embarrassed the hell out of them by winning 114-87! I have a feeling they're not going to just roll over and die for us tomorrow night.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:01 PM   #6
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

I hate to tell you hales, but you will be crying in your beer tomorrow night when the mavs blow out the wolves
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 10:20 PM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

It all hinges on how the jazz do tonight. If they win, they lock the 4th spot The Mavs will then probably rest all their starters and let Najara, Wang, and company show their wares.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 10:24 PM   #8
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

Close one Jazz Vs Clipps 84-83 to Utah with 2:34 in the 4th
Old 04-17-2001, 10:30 PM   #9
djb
Administrator

Looks like the Jazz are going to win this one. Utah up 93-87 with 37secs left.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:39 PM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure that seals the deal: Jazz will have home court advantage.
Old 04-17-2001, 11:02 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

T-Wolves 91
Mavs 84

Ugly Ugly game. Our scrubs VS there scrubs.

Finley, Nash, Dirk, Howard get plenty of rest.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 12:04 AM   #12
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

Sit the Big 3......lemme see plenty of Wang.....Plenty of Najera .......Plenty Eisley.....Hopefully the Mavs make the saturday triple header on NBC...

~~J~~
Old 04-18-2001, 12:06 AM   #13
djb
Administrator

How about a rotation consisting of Wang, Harvey, Najera, Maxwell, and Eisley? heheh
Old 04-18-2001, 12:14 AM   #14
Hales233
Golden Member

1. I don't drink beer
2. Why would I cry?? I like the T-Wolves, but the Mavs are my team!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 05:08 AM   #15
scooterj5
Golden Member

Our reserves will spank Minnesota's. 95, 80.
Old 04-18-2001, 05:09 AM   #16
scooterj5
Golden Member

Does anyone know what Mavs playoffs games will be on ESPN??
Old 04-18-2001, 08:16 AM   #17
djb
Administrator

Anyone going to the game tonight? I didn't get tix, but they're giving out copies of the 2000-2001 Mavs Yearbook and I really want one!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:06 AM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

"let me see plenty of Wang" - Jordan23TX
Old 04-18-2001, 12:23 PM   #19
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

Animal Harvey is getting minutes tonight... He's going off for 18 boards...
Old 04-18-2001, 02:47 PM   #20
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I sure hope Fin, Nash, Dirk and Howard all get no more than 10 minutes a piece. The last thing we need is to have those guys in there getting fatigued or getting hurt. If I were Nellie, I would put Bradley in the entire game to see how his stamina lasts. He's going to be HUGE for us, and we need him!
Old 04-18-2001, 06:14 PM   #21
Hales233
Golden Member

KG isn't playing tonight...scrap my prediction...Mavs win this one (not that it matters to either club)
Old 04-18-2001, 07:10 PM   #22
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Wang's gonna get mad minutes tonight. So are the other scrubs. But, oh well. Maybe it'll be fun.
Old 04-18-2001, 07:52 PM   #23
Hoover

Hoover is on a distinguished road

This is gonna get ugly quick! I hope they keep this intensity throughout the game and it carries over to Utah. They really needed something to get the fire lit!
Old 04-18-2001, 08:11 PM   #24
djb
Administrator

Mavs are up 17 at the end of the first!! Once KG sees how pathetic his team really is, he'll decide to jump ship and come to the BigD [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 08:11 PM   #25
Hales233
Golden Member

I'd welcome KG and AP with open arms!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 08:17 PM   #26
scooterj5
Golden Member

Time to pull out the Wang
Old 04-18-2001, 08:24 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

Here he comes..
Old 04-18-2001, 08:43 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

Mavs up 63-50 at the half. Anyone else feel like they're watching a practice scrimmage?!
Old 04-18-2001, 08:44 PM   #29
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Why why why why why why!? is Nellie playing Nash? I love Nash, but his biggest problem is that he has been banged up over the course of the last year and he's not physically at the top of his game. Since this game doesn't matter, why isn't Nellie just sitting him to rest those hamstrings?
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 09:03 PM   #30
djb
Administrator

Good question [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I hope Nash sits the second half. Eisley needs the extra pt anyway.
Old 04-18-2001, 09:22 PM   #31
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

I can understand why Dirk is out there, he's been in a shooting slump that Nellie would really like him to shoot his way out of before the playoffs start. But Nash has as many minutes as Finley--at least by these nba live stats, though they honestly look suspicious to me. And he's out there again x.x
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2001, 09:23 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

Hales should be happy..Mark Bryant's on the floor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 09:28 PM   #33
Hales233
Golden Member

YES!!! Get the VCR's Rolling people!!! DJ, lemme know how he does [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 09:34 PM   #34
djb
Administrator

I uhm have been watching The Weakest Link [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Sue me..the show's cool as hell [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 09:40 PM   #35
Hales233
Golden Member

I am too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]...the announcer guy's voice freaks me out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]...DJ, you're a Mark Bryant Hater!!! I'm so upset [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 09:43 PM   #36
djb
Administrator

Moi?! I do believe I jumped for joy when the Mavs dumped Curley and signed Bryant!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:45 PM   #37
Hales233
Golden Member

phew, that makes me feel better...you're a good guy again, DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 09:56 PM   #38
scooterj5
Golden Member

Wang is on fire 13 points!!!
Old 04-18-2001, 10:00 PM   #39
djb
Administrator

Mavs whoop the Pups 120-100! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 10:12 PM   #40
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

great win for the mavericks. Everyone got to play and everyone scored. Wang looked good. And he was the chalupa hero for the second time. He going to be something special in a year or two.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote