Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

So this is 100% Trump fault and democrats have zero responsibility? I'm not looking for analogies, I'm really wanting to know a percentage number. This is just pure opinion based entirely on what you've read or heard.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
So this is 100% Trump fault and democrats have zero responsibility? I'm not looking for analogies, I'm really wanting to know a percentage number. This is just pure opinion based entirely on what you've read or heard.
Trump is the one who decided to shut down the government over this -- he could have kept negotiating with the Democrats without hurting federal employees in the process. And the analogy absolutely applies if you think the person who said "no" holds as much responsibility as the person holding the gun.

It's a moot discussion at this point anyway because Trump just caved and opened the government back up for 3 weeks without the wall money... I guess he could shut it down again, but it's not like it's going to change anything. He already lost his little game of chicken.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-25-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's a moot discussion at this point anyway because Trump just caved and opened the government back up for 3 weeks without the wall money... I guess he could shut it down again, but it's not like it's going to change anything. He already lost his little game of chicken.
I'm not trying to discuss anything though. I just want to know people's opinion on the blame. I don't want to get into a he-said/she-said because there is really is no point. I honestly just want to know a percentage number on blame say as of last night when it was still happening.

100? 99.5? 90? 80? 50? 25? 0?
Old 01-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #4
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not trying to discuss anything though. I just want to know people's opinion on the blame. I don't want to get into a he-said/she-said because there is really is no point. I honestly just want to know a percentage number on blame say as of last night when it was still happening.

Ummmm... 100%?
Old 01-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You really want us to arbitrarily estimate what percentage of Americans think Trump is to blame and NOT have any sort of discussion about it? Have you tried Googling your question? I'm sure there are plenty of polls out there... Like, here's one composited from Fox News, Ipsos, Marist, Morning Consult and YouGov:

Americans Increasingly Blame Trump For The Government Shutdown
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ment-shutdown/

Old 01-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #6
MavzMan
Golden Member

Quote:
You really want us to arbitrarily estimate what percentage of Americans think Trump is to blame and NOT have any sort of discussion about it? Have you tried Googling your question? I'm sure there are plenty of polls out there... Like, here's one composited from Fox News, Ipsos, Marist, Morning Consult and YouGov:

Americans Increasingly Blame Trump For The Government Shutdown
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ment-shutdown/
That is not what I'm asking.

In YOUR opinion, what percentage of the government shutdown is Trump to blame as of last night? Is there any blame that is not attributable to Trump in only your opinion? If so, what percentage? Or is this 100% black and white, good vs evil, Jedi Knight vs Sith Lord?
Old 01-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #7
Underdog

Quote:
That is not what I'm asking.

In YOUR opinion, what percentage of the government shutdown is Trump to blame as of last night? Is there any blame that is not attributable to Trump in only your opinion? If so, what percentage? Or is this 100% black and white, good vs evil, Jedi Knight vs Sith Lord?
I thought my analogy made it pretty clear.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trump is the one who decided to shut down the government over this -- he could have kept negotiating with the Democrats without hurting federal employees in the process.

Conveniently, not long after Stone was indicted.
Closed Thread