Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default We may never...

....win a championship. And this is not a doomsday the sky is falling thread really. Since 1990 every championship has been won by one of these 4 players except 1; Shaq, Duncan, Olajawon and Michael Jordan. (the only one not by one of those 4 was the Pistons and Shaq was in the Finals) That's 3 dominant players in the paint and arguably the greatest player ever. But you know even if we don't it's really not the end of the world. Spurs fans no longer have any passion for basketball until it's game 4 or later of the NBA Finals. BigShotRob is so bored with his team winning championships that he has started rooting for the Mavs because there is nothing left to care about for the Spurs. Maybe a back to back but really it's nothing compared to the compassion of a Mavs fan. If the Spurs lose 5 of 6 in the regular season Spurs fan could care less. If the Mavs lose 5 of 6 we all freak out. If we had beaten the Heat two years ago would we have near the emotional involvement in a regular season game we have now? The answer is no.

Am I saying I don't want the Mavs to win the championship? of course not. But I still enjoy watching Mavs basketball. Don't get me wrong it's very difficult to be a Mavs fan, seeing them lose in the playoffs the last two years, winning 20 games a year in the 90's and being pretty damn good in the 80's only to come up short. But I've never thought about not rooting for the Mavs. I don't know if the Dallas Mavericks will ever be NBA Champions, but I plan on sticking around to find out.

The hunt may be better than the find.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-21-2008 at 01:34 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

We have more 'give up' right now than kansas city royal fans.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-21-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

As much as I like Kidd, we traded away our chance for true inside presence. Aw well, we'll see in the post-season.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pick-me-up.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

We are all about low expectations?
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

i hope we make the playoffs
esp.. considering the nets prolly will

was our draft choice lottery protected?
quiet riot act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
As much as I like Kidd, we traded away our chance for true inside presence. Aw well, we'll see in the post-season.
Are you serious?? If you are..you should know thatDamps game is better in every way then Diop...defense and offens

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
pkdumas
Golden Member

pkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to allpkdumas is a name known to all

What if Damp gets hurt? Like last year?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

The window is closed.

See you in 10 years.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend
The window is closed.

See you in 10 years.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

If people get rep for being unrealistically optimistic how come they don't get it for being realistically pessimistic?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

um, see flaco
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #13
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

all these doomsday people need to STFU and smoke a joint.

There is reason to be concerned right now, no doubt... but doomsday/panic shit is making me SOFT!

Had we won the last 2 games we woulda been on a 7 game win streak and beaten 2 conteners. I'm sure this type of stuff would get posted then, right?

But when we lose them by 6 points combined, this type of stuff comes up?

I know, the bottom line is we didn't win the game... but you're telling me the difference between confidence and doomsday is 2 regular season games decided by a few plays , decided by 6 points?

Calm down! Be concerned, but don't panic!
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #14
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

It's not doomsday panic for me. Very few players and teams get to experience a championship. I mean for those who watch college ball if your team doesn't ever win the championship do you stop rooting for them? You shouldn't at least. I'm just trying to say although that it may seem like it if we don't even win the championship it's not the end of the world.

The Heat gave us a 2 game spot and a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter of game 3, and we couldn't close that deal. The team we have is not mentally tough enough to win in the clutch, Dirk flinched when he drove in the other day against the Celtics for example. I love the guy he's my favorite player by far, but just like David Robinson (who was also someone I really liked growing up) he can't do it alone. And his version of Tim Duncan isn't coming to save the day.

We're a 7th seed now, 7th seeds don't win NBA championships.... and there's no reason to think we'll improve next year. (no draft picks and Cuban has spent all the money he can on star players) This is who we are, not a championship team but a good team. I can live with that though.

You can get angry at me all you want, and I would love to be proven wrong, but Jason Kidd wasn't the answer to our problems (it seems to have created more) and I think we're a middle of the pack team now for the forseeable future.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-21-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

um....... I dont think the Mavs will be good..
season is over!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #16
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse900703
um....... I dont think the Mavs will be good..
season is over!!!
Just out of curiosity, are you foreign?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO
Are you serious?? If you are..you should know thatDamps game is better in every way then Diop...defense and offens
I didn't say Diop was our inside presence, I meant we traded away our only pieces to get a true inside presence (like Shaq, etc.).
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Just out of curiosity, are you foreign?

where have you been? of course he is foreign. He talks like the guy who works at 7-Eleven
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTnq268y2ms
Old 03-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #20
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
If people get rep for being unrealistically optimistic how come they don't get it for being realistically pessimistic?
The rep page says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Page
What do you think of Tokey41's post?
I approve
I disapprove
Your comments on this post:
I, as I think most people do, disapprove pessimism.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #21
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
We have more 'give up' right now than kansas city royal fans.
You have been the biggest pessimist of anyone the last month or two. Other people are just starting to lose hope because they are being dragged down by others. I'm still actually pretty confident in this team, but I guess I always am.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 AM   #22
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
where have you been? of course he is foreign. He talks like the guy who works at 7-Eleven
Yeah i thought so...... smartass.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #23
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
You have been the biggest pessimist of anyone the last month or two. Other people are just starting to lose hope because they are being dragged down by others. I'm still actually pretty confident in this team, but I guess I always am.
Orrr they're being dragged down by the reality of a team that can't win anything.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #24
blakepilot

blakepilot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Aw well, we'll see in the post-season.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM
blakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #25
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Just felt like posting this

Last edited by LSMF; 03-22-2008 at 11:06 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #26
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness
Yeah i thought so...... smartass.
lol, you guys should see the PM horse just sent me. It's freaking funny as hell.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:20 PM   #27
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
The problem is that "realistically pessimistic" is a self-imposed label. All the pessimists think they're simply being "realistic", but, to be honest, it doesn't really matter what a person thinks of their own capacity for realism.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #28
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

What is disturbing is how well Harris's PER was despite us not doing well early in this season. Too much expected from our point guard. It is the other positions like shooting guard, backup SF, backup PF, and now backup C that is not doing the job. Bass though is capable of being a great offensive player but he kills us in pretty much every other part of his game. Terry is an undersized shooting guard. Also we don't have the runners to be a fastbreak team. Stackhouse just isn't fast enough and now he is getting overplayed to hurt us even more. Teams are leaving Stackhouse and Kidd open making it more crowded in the paint as well.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #29
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
The problem is that "realistically pessimistic" is a self-imposed label. All the pessimists think they're simply being "realistic", but, to be honest, it doesn't really matter what a person thinks of their own capacity for realism.
Yeah, but you can't really help whether your opinion is perceived as pessimistic by others. I'm pretty sure if BigD started 50 threads about how the Mavs are great with Jason Kidd he wouldn't have 5 red boxes (he'd still probably in the red though, I gave neg rep because theres just no need for that many new threads).

I'm just saying blind pessimism without facts isn't any worse than blind optimism (they also seem to think they are being "realistic"). There's such a double standard between a good post and a bad post. If the Mavs don't win the championship this year i'd say the pessimists will have been more realistic... those are the expectations aren't they?

Last edited by Tokey41; 03-22-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:08 AM   #30
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, being a fan is supposed to be a fun thing. When it stops being fun, then I'd probably just walk away. With that in mind, I'd much rather read a positive post than a negative post. If you want to find a place where misery and negativity is embraced, then feel free to find a forum full of emo kids somewhere. I'm not a fan of blind optimism, but I'd take it in a heartbeat over blind pessimism because honestly I don't want to spend my leisure time being miserable.

Btw, BigD isn't just getting rated down just because he made a few negative threads. He's earned those boxes, in part by posting threads about how Magloire should be starting over Damp because of an NBA 2k8 rating.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 03-23-2008 at 02:11 AM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #31
quiet riot act
Banned

quiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these partsquiet riot act is infamous around these parts

we will never...
quiet riot act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #32
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000
What is disturbing is how well Harris's PER was despite us not doing well early in this season.....
it's been a while now, but as I recall the mavs were in or very near first place in the west the last time that Harris started a game. in that sense, at least, the Harris' PER and mavs success were quite correlated.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #33
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Just felt like posting this

I'm not afraid to admit that I too miss Devin Harris. I prefer him over J.Kidd anytime of the day, month, year, decade, century! Burn me all you want but it's the future of the Mavs that concerns me. Not just some freakin' ring that we all want to win NOW so badly.

They say this is the best roster the Mavs have ever had in the Cuban/ Nellie/ Ave era? Well that, I've yet to see!

But, as a true Mav fan, I can proudly say that I still really, truly believe! Whether playoff bound or lottery. I love the Mavericks so much! And it pains me to see the fans endure such distraught.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky

Last edited by mqywaaah; 03-25-2008 at 01:36 AM.
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 AM   #34
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I am now the proud owner of 3 Mavs ties with which to hang myself if we don't make the playoffs!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:14 AM   #35
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
We may never ....win a championship.
Error! Error! Does not compute.

Poster Code A928 "MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs" and Script P-029432 "We may never... win a championship" form illogical statement. Poster Code A928 or Statement P-029432 must be retracted.

Press enter to continue.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #36
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

We should've sold the farm for J.O'Neal last summer, no big man, no championship.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #37
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Error! Error! Does not compute.

Poster Code A928 "MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs" and Script P-029432 "We may never... win a championship" form illogical statement. Poster Code A928 or Statement P-029432 must be retracted.

Press enter to continue.
I think you have a virus.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #38
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
We should've sold the farm for J.O'Neal last summer, no big man, no championship.
The contradiction here being that if we had made a deal of Jermaine, we'd probably still not have a big man. Is he even returning this season?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #39
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

*Topic* Truth hurts, I don't see us winning a championship and now I think most people on this forum will agree. So you either decide to still love your team dispite that fact or move on not being a Mavs fan. I will stay a fan.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:06 AM   #40
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
all these doomsday people need to STFU and smoke a joint.

There is reason to be concerned right now, no doubt... but doomsday/panic shit is making me SOFT!

Had we won the last 2 games we woulda been on a 7 game win streak and beaten 2 conteners. I'm sure this type of stuff would get posted then, right?

But when we lose them by 6 points combined, this type of stuff comes up?

I know, the bottom line is we didn't win the game... but you're telling me the difference between confidence and doomsday is 2 regular season games decided by a few plays , decided by 6 points?

Calm down! Be concerned, but don't panic!

Define "panic." Define "doomsday."

The plain, simple FACT is, the Mavericks are old, slow, and tired. Their window of opportunity is closing very quickly, if it hasn't closed already. The Mavericks will not win this series. That's not "doomsday." That's objectivity.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote