Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-24-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
On Feb 1 when Maxi returned from Covid, it was the first time all season that the Mavs had their full team available with Porzingis. Since then they have gone 14-7. They’ve looked fine when healthy.
That's .666 win percentage since we recovered from Covid.

If that continued for the whole season, that would put us at 3rd in the West and tied for 3rd with the Bucks in the East.

I really don't understand why 90% of Mavs fans on D-M.com are hating on us or have no optimism.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

If that continued for the whole season, that would put us at 3rd in the West and tied for 3rd with the Bucks in the East.

I really don't understand why 90% of Mavs fans on D-M.com are hating on us or have no optimism.
I have plenty of optimism. All of our Covid guys are rounding into shape and Richardson should only continue to fit better. Luka is seemingly making another leap. Brunson has been off these last few games; not sure if he’s dinged up or what. I’d like to see us KP more involved and for some of DFS shots to fall. But all in all the arrow is definitely trending up at the right time.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:55 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Seriously. The nadir of the season was the 147-116 loss to the Warriors. The team had lost something like 10 out of 13 games by that point, and it really looked like the season was doomed and we were going to have to send the Knicks a lottery pick.

Since then, the Mavs have actually been pretty damn good. It's been a total 180.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #4
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This.

after more than a decade i stopped posting in the GDTs because they turned into a giant bitch and moan fest...blabla Rick....blabla KP...blabla rotations...blabla FO too stupid to do trades

Sucks the fun out of it
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:50 PM   #5
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
This.

after more than a decade i stopped posting in the GDTs because they turned into a giant bitch and moan fest...blabla Rick....blabla KP...blabla rotations...blabla FO too stupid to do trades

Sucks the fun out of it
I thought that's what game threads were for though?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #6
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am optimistic that on any given night the Mavs can compete with the best in the NBA. I am not optimistic that they could win a series against any of the top 4 in the West. I see a serious flaw being the inconsistency of KP and his inability to physically hold up in series where his contributions on both ends of the floor are imperative to winning four games against an excellent team. Luka can carry the team on many nights but he needs help and outside of KP you have a bunch of streaky players that may or may not show up. A reliable and solid third scorer would make me more optimistic.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #7
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

And BTW... Vucevic to Chicago.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
And BTW... Vucevic to Chicago.
Not for much either....maybe it was the 1st rounders but as of now but Wendell Carter and Porter isn't much to give up for arguably one of the best big men in the league right now. I'd probably put him behind Embid, Jokic, KAT........
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote