Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying scalped tix at the AAC

Anyone done this? I don't have a ticket for the game tomorrow night, but I would love to go. Any idea what the going rate is for scalped tickets? Any chance you can get them close to face value at around game time? Is there a certain place that is good to go to look for scalpers?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Buying scalped tix at the AAC

Chum! If I were going to the game, I would show up about thirty to forty-five minutes before the box office opens and get a sweet place in line. The Box Office opens 2 hours before tipoff, so if you have time and want to avoid scalpers, I think that is your best option.

I've often gone to games without a ticket in hand - during the regular season of course. I would also try ticketmaster about 8:00 tonight - there's always an off chance that some might get released 24 hours prior to tipoff - but they go fast (again, something I've only done during the regular season).

You also might give ebay a shot.

Other than that, there's a certain corner that's always filled with scalpers, but I'll be damned if I can remember the street names right now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the info. When you say to stand in line at the box office, do you mean that they release some tickets for sale before the game? I had heard that they released 300 or so single tickets before games in the regular season. They do this in the playoffs as well?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know that they do it for the playoffs - you might try shooting Cuban an e-mail about it - you never know.

I've also heard that they will sell standing room only tickets for a sellout - but I'm not really sure about that one.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

for chum: "how to get this done" in five easy steps...

#1. find an old lady

#2. push her down

#3. take her ticket

#4. enjoy game and cheer mavs to victory

#5. deal with guilty conscience later

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

step 0.5- buy fake beard and wig.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #7
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I am selling 2 tickets to tomorrow nights game- section 114 row O...

Old 05-07-2005, 03:00 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

Default RE:Buying scalped tix at the AAC

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike

#1. find an old lady

#2. push her down

#3. take her ticket

Sikemonk, I think you know that God is a Mavs fan. Surely he will be keeping a watchful eye on the arena tonight, and on all the believers in the cause.

Might you have another suggestion for me, one that wouldn't require that I spend the rest of my existence in eternal torture?

Old 05-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Buying scalped tix at the AAC

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: sike

#1. find an old lady

#2. push her down

#3. take her ticket

Sikemonk, I think you know that God is a Mavs fan. Surely he will be keeping a watchful eye on the arena tonight, and on all the believers in the cause.

Might you have another suggestion for me, one that wouldn't require that I spend the rest of my existence in eternal torture?
uhhhh, make sure it's Hitler's mama?

to be honest...there always seems to be plenty of dude with tickets out side the arena....what they ask for those in exchange for those tickets I have no clue....I would guess.....they want your money.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

How did the ticket thing go Chum?

Old 05-08-2005, 02:31 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

I got an invitation to a cookout/watching party, so I stayed away from the arena. I'm jonesing to go to a playoff game, though. I figure Game Three against the Nashty Boys is a good target!

Truth is, I was pretty confident that the playoffs would extend past this series. If it comes to, say, Game Six against the Suns, or the Spurs, I'm willing to lay down two or three hundred if I can get a primo seat. As the Kings so cruelly proved, the window of opportunity sometimes closes quick, and you have to take advantage when you can.

That said, there is nothing better than a Game Seven--which of course I wouldn't have the opportunity to visit at the AAC unless the Sonics knock off the Spurs or (knock on wood) the Pistons knock off the Heat. In my life I've experienced one of those. I went to Game Seven of the Stars/Avalanche series a few years back. You know, in an odd way that series was a lot like this one. The 'Lanche were top heavy, with Forsberg, Sakic, and Roy. The Stars were deep, and were a blue-collar sort of team. And the seventh game was decided rather quickly. The Stars got ahead 3-0, and the next couple hours were anticlimactic.

Hmm...was that the year the Stars went on to win it all? I forget...