Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 05-16-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Ok, let us hear what everyone thinks of the sports knowledge/entertainment value of various hosts.

Dunham/Miller: Don't think a whole lot of their sports opinions, but the two have great chemistry. I enjoy the show but take it with a grain of sault. I suppose that is the case or a lot of shows on the ticket. When I get in my car in the morning I hope they aren't talking sports. I don't mean that as a bad thing because Miller is finny, Gordon is funny, as George plays a great straight man.

Norm: Very knowledgable sports guy. He can give throw more stats at you than anyone in the Dallas market. The guy knows his sports as well as anybody in this market. Nobody tunes in for humour cause he is the king of the pun.

BAD Radio: I know I will be in the minority on this one, but Bob doesn't do much for me, and I think Dan is pretty damn funny

The Hardline: Good mix of sports and fun. The Hardline knows baseball, and to some degree football. Corby is funny, and the rest of the cast is solid

The Hot Spot: Great intro, the best in all of Dallas, Don't care for either David or Kevin's sports opinions, but David Robinson also has some potential as a radio guy.

Mike Fisher: His show can get a bit bogged down in calls like "Hey Mike I was just calling to say the Mavs are good" Regardles nobody on the radio can grab an interview like Fisher does. I believe he might have about half the Mavs on his payroll, and it does not end there. He will get a lot of great football interviews also.

Chuck/Newy: Frankly I have not listened to them enough to form an opinion. I liked Chuckduring his 820 days.

Randy Galloway: I think I saw it posted before that he is a guy you love or hate. Well I fall on the side of hate. I don't think this guy knows any more about sports than I do.

Ok that was a mouthfull let's hear from everyone else.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

about the bob and dan part..
well, dan IS funny..but offers little on sports..

bob at least knows hockey

fish, yes, he gets interviews..but i can't stand to listen to him doing the interviewing

galloway.. i used to like him but he's had a few too many drinks
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 09:58 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunham/Miller - haven't listened to them.

Norm- used to irritate the hell out of me, but he kind of grows on you and his knowledge is fairly decent.

Bad Radio- never listened to them either.

Hardline- the very few times I've heard it it was gimmicky. Didn't care for it. I imagine it is an acquired thing.

Hot Spot- never heard it.

Mike Fisher - used to listen to him when he was out of Tyler years ago. He was ok then and has regressed from what I can tell. He is well connected though and breaks stories often.

Chuck/Newy - haven't heard the show, but Coop is a good mind.

Galloway- I hate this tard. Can't bear to listen to him more than 30 seconds. Hick.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 10:04 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

about the bob and dan part..

I would never argue that Dan knows anything about sports. He is the Gordon/Corby of sports, but he makes me laugh.

bob at least knows hockey

Or is he the only guy he can come close to good hockey talk

fish, yes, he gets interviews..but i can't stand to listen to him doing the interviewing

I agree. How does he get all those people on his show. I get sucked in not for him, but for the people he is going to have on his show.

galloway.. i used to like him but he's had a few too many drinks

There I have to disagree he has had far too many drinks.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the hardline talk alot of baseball and talk alot of entertainment.. they're starting to get more involved in basketball.. and they're pretty good with football.

no one knows the great game better than the hardline.

fish..well, he is well connected.. but most of his guests are also on the ticket..

plus, dunham and miller have the steve nash show....weekly steve nash. i think every tuesday.
he's better than any guest that's on Fish's show

both fish and the ticket break alot of news..
partially because of fish's connections ..
but, one of the Hardline's ex employees is the Radio man of the mavs.. so, the ticket gets as much breaking news as the fish does
Old 05-16-2002, 10:25 PM   #6
Kat

Kat is on a distinguished road

Okay, I am going to jump into this with both feet, hold my breathe, while you guys slam me.........I admit, I do not listen to sports radio. However, I was surfin the channels and heard Mavs, so I stopped the search button. I beleive it was on or about 103 point-something. I left it on in my car and the next day it was still there and I listened to those guys for a bit on my way to the bank.........Those guys (in the Jersey/Bronx lingo)are a bunch of male pigs with little or no self esteem. They talk about females like cave men that haven't been lai_ for a very long time. I then proceeded to turn it off. So much for sports talk-radio.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

espn radio.. pretty much worthless
Old 05-16-2002, 10:37 PM   #8
Mavs4Fin

Mavs4Fin is on a distinguished road

103.3 is good for the Mavs games, but thats about it.
Mavs4Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 08:08 AM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

I am telling you. Dan knows more about sports than you think. If you pay attention, you'll notice he will occasionally toss stats or records off the top of head.

For the most part, it is an act. He plays dumb to Bob. And he likes to goof off.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote