Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-31-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default Going back to the pistons and wizards trade

I am talking about the trade that brought Stackhouse to the wizards and sent Hamilton to Pistons. When initially this trade went down most of the people thought that pistons got ripped and it was a one sided trade in favour of Wizards. I thought the same way too. I admit I was wrong. What a great talent Rip Hamilton is. He single handedly won the game last night for pistons saving their season and taking it back home with a chance to eliminate the Pacers. Wow, looking at hamilton's numbers in the playoffs :

He is averaging 21+ PPG. He gets to the line often. He is a decent shooter(actually very good shooter). He has improved his defense quite a bit too. The job he has done on Miller is awesome and Pacers have tried guarding Hamilton with Reggie and Artest but to no avail. He has averaged 20+ points in each of the conference finals against one of the best defenses in the league.

My guess is this series will be over by game 6.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default RE:Going back to the pistons and wizards trade

I actually thought that Rip would be a great addition to the Pistons, and I thought they got the better end of the deal. Stack needs to dominate the ball to be effective, while Rip moves so well that he just has to come off of screens to catch and shoot.

Watching the Reggie vs. Rip battle in this series has been an absolute joy. Amazing matchup.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:54 PM   #3
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default RE: Going back to the pistons and wizards trade

best part of that matchup is watching Miller NOT get ALL the bullshit calls anymore.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
best part of that matchup is watching Miller NOT get ALL the bullshit calls anymore.
True dat.

I admit I also thought Detroit got screwed when that trade went down. Hardly though huh?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:03 PM   #5
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

i thought detroit had gotten the short end of the stick also. what was it that stack was averaging? 29 ppg?
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:14 PM   #6
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I've always really like Hamilton. I've always thought he would be very successful wherever he went. I didn't like Washington making that trade because I thought Hamilton would be a better teammate and all-around player eventually. And he was cheaper...

I also thought the deal would help Washington. I think Stackhouse has flaws, but I thought he would bring more of an identity to Washington than he has. I thought his toughness and ability to be "the man" might be better for them than Hamilton playing off someone the Wizards didn't have.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

but he hasnt stayed on the court long enough to do that
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote