Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-05-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I say the Nets will take game 1 behind former Mavs JKidd and Lucious Harris [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh and there's a new poll up too..so far 2-0 in favor of the Nets winning it all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2002, 08:11 PM   #2
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

They're really just voting for Murph's exile.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 08:27 PM   #3
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Well, the part of the Nets gameplan where they lull the Lakers into a sense of security has gone very well.

Though they might want to switch to the 'play competitive basketball' plan soon.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 09:13 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

NBC has gotta be on the verge of a rigor after this first half.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 09:41 PM   #5
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Nets are playing much better now. But you cannot spot the Lakers 15 points and hope to get back in the game.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:43 PM   #6
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Cut it to 4. Trying to make it interesting.
Old 06-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone started bitching about the blowout so the league mandated the lakers make it close. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 10:32 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Nets are making things interesting..but perhaps too little too late?
Old 06-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #9
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same thing DJ.

They made things interesting too late, imo. Make me hopeful for game 2, though, if they have a better start.

Kidd is playing well, does he have a triple-double yet?
Old 06-05-2002, 10:37 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

You can't overcome a 15 point deficit in the first quarter va. the lekers very often.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:38 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

Kidd's been amazing..just one board and one assist away from yet another triple-double.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:38 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

He just got it I think.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:41 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Shaq's free throw shooting is getting ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:41 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

It sucks...NJ went to the three too early and now they are down too much IMO.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:48 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Man...a ton of LA "fans" are leaving. If the Mavs were in the finals I wouldn't leave until they kicked me out.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:56 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

nj isn't that good..that's their main problem
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 11:04 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

none of the leastern teams are that good.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:04 AM   #18
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well if they aren't that good, then the Lakers aren't that good either. Other than the first quarter, the Lakers didn't really dominate (with the exception of Shaq but that's no surprise). The Nets did about as good as you can do on Shaq. I didn't agree with plan at the end to Hack a Shaq because now the man is shooting from the free throw line EXTREMELY well, so you have to try to take your chance against guarding him. He does tend to miss the bunny's at times, but you just have to HOPE he does that. Also, going through the regular offense, Kobe doesn't like to be left out of the action, so he may not even get the ball to Shaq, he may try to hoist up a shot and lastnight he was off so I think if they just let the game unfold, who knows what could have happened.

I tell you what, they made that game ALOT more interesting than I thought that's for sure. If Van Horn and Kittles show up and not make so many dumb ass turnovers and box guys out once and a while, that game would have probably had a different outcome.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:20 AM   #19
Drbio
Banned

I was just kidding of course...

What killed NJ is that 15 point deficit in the first quarter.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:30 AM   #20
TheKid
Diamond Member

Oh yeah, you can't do that to any team UNLESS you're the Nets who squanders 26 point leads but we'll see what happens the rest of the series. I guess it's just wishful thinking but I REALLY want to see the Lakers lose.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:21 PM   #21
LakerMania

LakerMania is on a distinguished road

They might do better if KVH stops trying to be Rick Fox's woman in the 1st half.

Shaq
LakerMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 05:27 PM   #22
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

<< They might do better if KVH stops trying to be Rick Fox's woman in the 1st half. >>

They might do better if they traded T-Mac for Shaq. Hey, the got Phoenix to give them Kidd, obviously Thorn's got the connections.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:36 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

funny.

I hate the leakers
Old 06-06-2002, 06:45 PM   #24
LakerMania

The closest thing to Shaq that NJ will get for T-Mac is a Nestle bar and a half-eaten Shaq Pack.

Shaq
Old 06-06-2002, 06:49 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

the leakers are overated. but for a good ref crew and a tip the other way all leaker fas would be crying like the bitches they are.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:40 PM   #26
LakerMania

Shaq is overrated,Kobe is overrated,Phil Jackson is overrated, the Lakers are overrated. My oh my! How do we ever win any games?

..oh yeah I forgot, it's the zebras.

PAAAAAAAAALLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Shaq
Old 06-06-2002, 07:41 PM   #27
Drbio
Banned

well...at least you realize the truth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2002, 09:31 PM   #28
djb
Administrator

<< Shaq is overrated,Kobe is overrated,Phil Jackson is overrated, the Lakers are overrated. My oh my! How do we ever win any games?

..oh yeah I forgot, it's the zebras.

PAAAAAAAAALLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
>>

No, Shaq's not overrated. PJ and Shobe both are HUGELY overrated, but Shaq could probably lead the freakin Houston Comets to an NBA title.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:33 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

And I'm curious Lakermania..why are you even here? If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be off at a Lakers board or a Nets board..hell maybe even a Kings board. Just curious.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:55 AM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

probably because this is the best board dj
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

the only reason the nets got back into the game was because of boredom by the lakers.
if the Lakers were to play balls to the wall for 48 minutes, they'd sweep the nets with an average margin of victory of 15-20 points

after watching the nets in the playoffs this year, i've been convinced they'd finish no better than 6th, maybe 7th in the western conference
behind:
lakers
kings
spurs
mavs
blazers
and maybe
the t-wolves
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 08:52 AM   #31
Drbio
Banned

That argument could be made for all the leastern teams then murph.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:48 PM   #32
TheKid
Diamond Member

Well maybe, but I could actually see them finishing fifth in the western conference but definately could see them finishing sixth. That's not saying they're bad either. The four best teams in the NBA are Lakers, Kings, Spurs and Mavs (it's very weird to say and this may even be bias but I'm on a Mavs board so who cares). However I think it's a good argument to say the Nets are good enough to be the fifth best team in the NBA... I think the Nets would have made the playoffs in the Western conference.

I think the top six teams in the east probably could have made the Western conference playoffs if they were in the West, but just because NONE of those teams are of the caliber of the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs or Kings means the entire conference is weak. I think that's the descrepency I see from people here. Yes the Eastern conference isn't as strong as the western conference but that doesn't mean they suck completely.

Now the 7th and 8th place teams in the East, they wouldn't make the playoffs, I don't think and they are lucky to be in the East that's why they make the playoffs.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:03 PM   #33
Drbio
Banned

I'm not sure if after the top 3 eastern conference teams that any of them could have made it in the west.

my earlier post should have been ...That argument could be made for all the UPPER leastern teams then murph.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:09 PM   #34
LakerMania

DJ I visit all those boards you mentioned plus the Spurs and the Jazz. The Nets board might as well be a Laker forum because of the lack of Net fans though. :lol I just like to hear what other ppl are saying about the Lakers this time of year. Being on a talk forum where you have 500 ppl agreeing with one another is boring. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Shaq
Old 06-07-2002, 07:05 PM   #35
djb
Administrator

Which Nets forum do you go to? I was looking for one back when I was compiling a list (before the playoffs) but never found a decent one.